Clean Races, Stuck at 1

• Thread starter Normandy12
  • 14 comments
United States
United States
Has this happened to anyone else, my clean races has been stuck at just one even though I've just done six, or more, without getting a penalty.
I've been able to increase my DR\SR to B\S, no pun intended, and yet my clean race is at 1. And, I do mean I've completed at least six races in a row without getting a penalty.
I was pretty content being in this many races without getting screwed over by other players but I don't understand why that isn't increasing.

The game doesn't tell you when a race becomes "not clean", so it's hard to know what caused it. It certainly doesn't require a penalty, just a single instance of a car hitting you from behind will make a race "not clean". OTOH I've had races where there has been some contact, and at the end I've still got the clean race bonus.

So it's more or less a craps shoot?
During the week with Sardenga I got out of the D\D slump, it helped alot to generally be in a group who weren't playing bumper cars or just abusing the system.
It's only stated once the clean race streak was starting over, with my DR\SR increasing along the way. I noticed yesterday that my SR was red, I think there was slight contact but neither got penalty or lost control, and it made me wonder where that stat was at.

It only counts as a "clean race" if you get the corresponding 50% bonus for the credit / XP rewards after the race ends.

I noticed yesterday that my SR was red, I think there was slight contact but neither got penalty or lost control, and it made me wonder where that stat was at.

If your SR letter is red after the race, it means your SR points dropped during the race, which probably makes it at least unlikely to count as a "clean race".

You can keep track of your SR points e.g. on https://www.kudosprime.com/gts/stats.php?profile=search or https://gtsport.r1s3.net/ .

Not to be snarky but, I do understand a red SR, or DR for that matter, means no clean race. My point was, after raising from D\D to a B\S without acquiring a penalty I should have more than just one clean race, especially when I went from a D to an S in 6-8 races, I don't remember exactly.
I didn't know that you could keep track of your points somewhere though, thanks for the links.

Hi,

I was also wondering about the clean race thing / bonus. I am beginning to think that it may be "buggy" software - I also think that if you even brush a wall with a wing mirror, not even breaking the glass, the bonus is removed!!! :-(

I also just learned about the kudos prime site. I am both heartened and dispirited by my own stats compared to those of others here! :-)

Regards.

Ian.

I should have more than just one clean race
I'm not sure what statistic you're looking at, but the only one I've seen is the highest number of consecutive clean races, not the total number of clean races. I don't pay much attention to it, personally, as I try at all times to drive cleanly by the rules of real world motorsport, so there's not much more I can do, and I'm not overly concerned with whether the game regards a race as clean or not, as it's nowhere near correctly applying real world rules when it makes that judgement. When you see someone like Lightning with 19 consecutive clean races, I suspect that has been achieved by driving away from everyone in 1st place, not battling in the middle of a lower DR field. You look at EERIEISSSS, for example, who is good, but not good enough to drive away from top split race after race, and even though he always tries to drive clean, he only has 4 consecutive clean races, which is the same as I have on 2 of my accounts. IMO it's very hard to do much better than that, even if you're always trying to drive clean, if you're engaging in hard but fair racing in the middle of the field.

Hi,

I was also wondering about the clean race thing / bonus. I am beginning to think that it may be "buggy" software - I also think that if you even brush a wall with a wing mirror, not even breaking the glass, the bonus is removed!!! :-(

I also just learned about the kudos prime site. I am both heartened and dispirited by my own stats compared to those of others here! :-)

Regards.

Ian.
I'm beginning to think it's bugged, the only races counted as clean are the two I actually took first place, and seeing as I didn't start in first there's no way I got up there without touching, or getting touched by, another car. Every other race since those two I've steadily increased my SR, and was actively avoided others even at the cost of position. But, I did make some position back by just letting tbem go around and watching them go off track all by themselves.
Both those site are new to me and the kudos site seems a little easier to comprehend.

I'm not sure what statistic you're looking at, but the only one I've seen is the highest number of consecutive clean races, not the total number of clean races. I don't pay much attention to it, personally, as I try at all times to drive cleanly by the rules of real world motorsport, so there's not much more I can do, and I'm not overly concerned with whether the game regards a race as clean or not, as it's nowhere near correctly applying real world rules when it makes that judgement. When you see someone like Lightning with 19 consecutive clean races, I suspect that has been achieved by driving away from everyone in 1st place, not battling in the middle of a lower DR field. You look at EERIEISSSS, for example, who is good, but not good enough to drive away from top split race after race, and even though he always tries to drive clean, he only has 4 consecutive clean races, which is the same as I have on 2 of my accounts. IMO it's very hard to do much better than that, even if you're always trying to drive clean, if you're engaging in hard but fair racing in the middle of the field.
You are probably right, and I have to agree with you regarding trying to drive clean and by the rules.

Last edited by a moderator:
My point was, after raising from D\D to a B\S without acquiring a penalty I should have more than just one clean race, especially when I went from a D to an S in 6-8 races
Penalties don't really have a bearing on it (in fact it used to be possible to get a penalty but still get a clean race bonus) and, sadly, it's actually pretty opaque what qualifies as a clean race and what doesn't.

Generally speaking, to very definitely get a clean race, you need to:
* Not contact other cars at all
* Not contact fixed parts of the circuit furniture
* Not exceed track limits in any way

However, the track limits aren't exactly clearly signed, and what classifies as exceeding them is even less obvious. You might think it's the white lines at the edge of the track, or the rumble strips, and running more than two wheels past that mark is exceeding track limits... but it's just not that clear-cut. Some corners on some tracks allow you to run so far past that you might class it as corner cutting (there was a huge kerfuffle on here about Maggiore turn 4 a while back; that's one example), while others don't even allow you to even look at the white line funny (Indianapolis at Circuit de la Sarthe).

To make matters worse, the game doesn't even tell you that your race wasn't clean until afterwards, so you have no way of knowing where you went wrong in order to fix it next time...

... and the achievement is for consecutive clean races, not cumulative clean races.

Well my clean races are 100% bugged. Many times I’ve had the clean race star and the xp bonus but it doesn’t show on my achievements page. I gave up on it a long time ago

Well my clean races are 100% bugged. Many times I’ve had the clean race star and the xp bonus but it doesn’t show on my achievements page.
It won't until you do it consecutively - and in a long enough string of successive clean races to beat your previous record of consecutive clean races, and in Sport Mode - because the achievement is for consecutive clean races..

Penalties don't really have a bearing on it (in fact it used to be possible to get a penalty but still get a clean race bonus) and, sadly, it's actually pretty opaque what qualifies as a clean race and what doesn't.

Generally speaking, to very definitely get a clean race, you need to:
* Not contact other cars at all
* Not contact fixed parts of the circuit furniture
* Not exceed track limits in any way

However, the track limits aren't exactly clearly signed, and what classifies as exceeding them is even less obvious. You might think it's the white lines at the edge of the track, or the rumble strips, and running more than two wheels past that mark is exceeding track limits... but it's just not that clear-cut. Some corners on some tracks allow you to run so far past that you might class it as corner cutting (there was a huge kerfuffle on here about Maggiore turn 4 a while back; that's one example), while others don't even allow you to even look at the white line funny (Indianapolis at Circuit de la Sarthe).

To make matters worse, the game doesn't even tell you that your race wasn't clean until afterwards, so you have no way of knowing where you went wrong in order to fix it next time...

... and the achievement is for consecutive clean races, not cumulative clean races.
Thanks for the info, I wish I could say that cleared things up but, as you pointed out, there is nothing clear about it.
I guess I'm just really content for not getting a penalty in so many races. And also, considering I was starting at D\D, I was able to raise that to B\S means I got grouped with more people that wanted to race and not play bumber cars!

Back