Cleanest Region to join?

United States
United States
I’m B dr.. S sr… I live in the U.S.A. I find the lobbies in the daily races to be extremely vengeful, grudge holding, refusal to allow a pass after making an error, punting on the last lap. Basically all the wrong stuff seems to happen in the region I’m in. I created an additional account based in Great Britain hoping the races would be cleaner. NOPE! Granted I’m only D dr on this new fake account… so I understand they might get better. My question is.. is there a region that anyone thinks is the cleanest to drive in? I mean it would be much more enjoyable if PD would fix the penalty system.. but I guess I feel I need to lie about where I live to have a fairly fair race.

I’m B dr.. S sr… I live in the U.S.A. I find the lobbies in the daily races to be extremely vengeful, grudge holding, refusal to allow a pass after making an error, punting on the last lap. Basically all the wrong stuff seems to happen in the region I’m in. I created an additional account based in Great Britain hoping the races would be cleaner. NOPE! Granted I’m only D dr on this new fake account… so I understand they might get better. My question is.. is there a region that anyone thinks is the cleanest to drive in? I mean it would be much more enjoyable if PD would fix the penalty system.. but I guess I feel I need to lie about where I live to have a fairly fair race.
If you're trying to race in a different region you will automatically have to contend with additional lag, so it will naturally seem worse because people have less of an idea where your car actually is (and vice versa).

There is no clean/dirty region. There are only clean/dirty drivers, and that does not depend on geography.

IMHO

It's really all about you. By that, I mean, all you can do it keep it clean and try to keep your own score up. That "should" put you into clean rooms.

As with GTSport, the initial release will have all manner of people in the rooms. Over time, it sorts itself out.

People in general have to remember that a DR B or lower is making a lot of mistakes, often putting themselves in bad places, braking too early, etc., etc. Besides, all you can control is yourself, so put your head down and just try to keep that score up.

Just one example of how difficult it is to separate clean and unclean driving. I had a conversation with a driver yesterday after a race. He started from P1, I from P4, drivers P3 and P2 knocked each other out in turn 5, so I "only" had to close the big gap (much too big gaps at the rolling start in Seaside) to him (P1). I got closer and closer lap by lap as I was able to catch up with him by at least 1 second each time. On lap 4 I was able to overtake him in the last corner, he regained this position on lap 5 in turn 5 by overtaking me on the inside with quite strong but still tolerable contact.

He drove the whole race very differently from me.. his preference was always to brake as late as possible and then hard.. that's fast in theory, but in practice the slightest mistake pays off very quickly. In the race, I always use earlier and softer braking points to get around the corner at the highest possible speed and have my focus on the exit of the corner.
Now, when I'm behind the P1 driver, the two of us never get in each other's way.. but when he's behind me.. well, then unfortunately there is contact very quickly in the braking zone.

Many riders, especially B riders or below, don't deal well with the dirty air and/or reduced downforce when riding directly behind a car... this often leads to more unintentional rear-end collisions.

Try to be as relaxed as possible with such drivers... my feeling is that 9 out of 10 "dirty drivers" are not that good and therefore sooner or later make bigger mistakes, which means you can overtake them cleanly and gain distance from them. ... Unfortunately, the short races of only 4-5 laps don't help much.

I always use earlier and softer braking points to get around the corner at the highest possible speed and have my focus on the exit of the corner.
O/T you're playing the wrong game. Get on a decent sim or go real life. GT is too simple and too easy. It's a 100% flat-out racer where you can fight and drive hard without worrying about keeping it on the island. Don't treat the physics with respect. They deserve none.

Back