Clerks II

  • Thread starter Thread starter FoolKiller
  • 16 comments
  • 998 views

FoolKiller

Don't be a fool.
In Memoriam
Messages
24,553
United States
Frankfort, KY
Messages
GTP_FoolKiller
Messages
FoolKiller1979
Here is the new trailer. I checked with mods first and so I will copy and paste the disclaimer Pako told me to leave, and then give it a few visual changes.

May contain language unsuitable for audiences under the age of 18.

You can't say you didn't see it.















Here's the trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhu_qDdGSNU
 
This looks good, not sure if we got the first one over here though. I'll look into it. 👍
 
SuperT
This looks good, not sure if we got the first one over here though. I'll look into it. 👍
It was a Miramax release. I have the two disc Tenth Anniversary Edition of Clerks signed by Kevin Smith.

The trailer makes a lot more sense if you've seen the first one.
 
:lol: I wonder if it'll be any good. I liked the first one, sort of, but not as much as "Dogma", "Mallrats", etc. I should get the first one on DVD and watch it again!
 
a6m5
:lol: I wonder if it'll be any good. I liked the first one, sort of, but not as much as "Dogma", "Mallrats", etc. I should get the first one on DVD and watch it again!
Well, let me think....A $30,000 budget of maxed out credit cards compared to a $30 million budget from a studio knowing they'll make their money back. Yeah, the quality of the newer movies is definitely better, especially when you consider cheap plot ploys (such as the gum in the lock) in order to cover for the fact that they must film at night when the store is closed.

I have a feeling that this one will be much better, especially since it will most likely have Jay and Silent Bob in more centralized rolls. I mean Kevin Smith does want to make money and he knows what his cash cow is. Jay and Silent Bob will be beaten to death until the fans finally tire of them.
 
Well, I saw this opening weekend and it was definitely funny. If you enjoyed Dogma, Jay and silent Bob Strike Back, and Kevin Smith's other films you will enjoy this one as well. It has that same feeling of extremely wrong humor that Kevin smith gives his movies.

If you are intending to go see it all I can say is beware of Pillowpants. I think during that entire conversation I was going :eek:
 
I was planning on seeing it opening day, but our local theater refused to carry it :grumpy:. We rarely get movies worh seeing..
 
Watching 35-year-olds parody the lives of people half their age looks quite pathetic for more than a 10-minute sketch. Had this came out a year or so after the first Clerks, it might have been funny. But 12 years later, it looks downright sad.
 
Ouch!

...I still haven't seen it (forty lashes, NOW!) but I plan to. Clerks is still one of my favorite movies ever (and I get made fun of quite often for saying that), so this is a must-see.

Unfortunately, school is comming up, and movies like Ricky Bobby, Snakes on a Plane, Miami Vice, and Superman have really screwed things up...
 
Did the first incarnation ever make it over to the UK? I watched "Talking Movies" the other day, and they were previewing it, and all I can say is that I was sad to have missed the first, and a really want to watch this, it looked very funny and quite a nice little film.
 
FoolKiller
Well, I saw this opening weekend and it was definitely funny. If you enjoyed Dogma, Jay and silent Bob Strike Back, and Kevin Smith's other films you will enjoy this one as well. It has that same feeling of extremely wrong humor that Kevin smith gives his movies.

If you are intending to go see it all I can say is beware of Pillowpants. I think during that entire conversation I was going :eek:
YES! That movie was amazing, and so damned hilarious. I liked all the subtle references to the original movie, especially in the last scene. And yes, Pillowpants was... well you really have to see it in the context of the scene.

The donkey show...
:lol: :sick: :scared: :yuck: :odd:
 
Pupik
Watching 35-year-olds parody the lives of people half their age looks quite pathetic for more than a 10-minute sketch. Had this came out a year or so after the first Clerks, it might have been funny. But 12 years later, it looks downright sad.
Um, maybe you missed the premise. It is about the Clerks ten years later, so they are 35-year-old guys playing 35-year-old guys.

Kevin Smith's said something along teh lines of, "When I made Clerks it was about how I felt about being 20-something and so in making this sequel I wanted to make a movie about how I felt being 30-something."

sprite
Did the first incarnation ever make it over to the UK? I watched "Talking Movies" the other day, and they were previewing it, and all I can say is that I was sad to have missed the first, and a really want to watch this, it looked very funny and quite a nice little film.
I don't knwo if it is available but you can get it or Clerks X, the tenth anniversary edition, at Amazon or at Kevin Smith's Web site. I am sure there is a way for you to get it somehow.

3-Wheel Drive
The donkey show...
I am completely repulsed, yet I can't take my eyes off of it.

FORGIVE ME JESUS!!! :lol:
 
FoolKiller
I don't knwo if it is available but you can get it or Clerks X, the tenth anniversary edition, at Amazon or at Kevin Smith's Web site. I am sure there is a way for you to get it somehow.

Ha I got it today for £8 the 3 disk special edition, looks ace, going to watch it maybe tonight, and if it is as good as I hope it is, I may even do a review of it :D
 
Ha I got it today for £8 the 3 disk special edition, looks ace, going to watch it maybe tonight, and if it is as good as I hope it is, I may even do a review of it :D
Just to make sure you are aware: It is an independent film funded by maxing out multiple credit cards to the sum of $30,000. It's also black and white.

When I first saw it my initial reaction was WTF? But then about 15 minutes in I was hooked.
 
Just to make sure you are aware: It is an independent film funded by maxing out multiple credit cards to the sum of $30,000. It's also black and white.

When I first saw it my initial reaction was WTF? But then about 15 minutes in I was hooked.

yeh I knew the history, and thats what drew me to want to watch it, back when it was first released, but I forgot about it till I watched "Talking Movies" and they did a preview of the sequal, and it brought back the wanting to watch it.

Cant wait.
 
Very funny movie, and it ends the way it should.

Two great movies that compliment each other.
 
Back