Clerks.

  • Thread starter Thread starter ebo#1
  • 10 comments
  • 707 views
Messages
375
I think Kevin Smith's first film is his best. It takes the most mundane jobs and makes hilarious jokes. The characters of Jay and Silent Bob are classics that will live in infamy. Dante and Randal are believable characters who run a convienence store and a video store, respectively. I was associated with Dante the most by my friends, since bad stuff happens to me a lot.
 
I just so totally love this film.

My partner and I saw this film on our first date. You might laugh, but hey, we're still going strong!

"I'm not even supposed to be here today!"
 
Have you seen the alternate ending where Dante was shot?

Great movie.
 
"I don't appreciate your ruse ma'am."
"My what?"
"Your ruse. A cunning attempt to trick me"


"Have you seen any balls down there?"
"Just about the biggest pair you've aever seen, dingleberry!"

Classic.
 
oh god the first time i saw the alternate ending I nearly wet myself. Obviously not the real ending for a reason.
 
One of the very few movies that I will never get tired of watching. Chasing Amy is also top notch.
 
Chasing amy was cool. I liked the scene with the black dude yelling and the staged shooting
 
Originally posted by Klostrophobic
Have you seen the alternate ending where Dante was shot?

Great movie.

Yeah - the alternative ending's on the DVD. It's certainly an, uh, abrupt end to the film. I can see why they dropped it - future use of the characters aside.

My favourite sequence is the chat on the way to the funeral (which can't be discussed here due to the AUP) and the rapid drive back after the 'incident' at the viewing.
 
oh randal's cousin who broke his neck trying to...well...yea.
 
Clerks is one of my favorite movies, but I thought Dogma was better.
 
Dogma was awesome, George Carlin was in it. But the film concept of Clerks overall was better, I think.
 
Back