Close Race

  • Thread starter Thread starter Old Geezer
  • 15 comments
  • 549 views

Do you enjoy a close race, even if you lose???

  • Yes

    Votes: 22 88.0%
  • No

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Couldn't care less

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    25
Messages
2,354
United States
Bastrop, TX
:D Question: Do you enjoy a close race even if you DON'T WIN??? Was just doing some testing so I could send 69Z28SS an intelligent answer & engaged in a great race for 4th place. Knew I had No Chance of catching the leaders but the battle w/the rear markers was fun since we were evenly matched. What do you think???...UB57
:D
 
Heck yes. People are probably tired of hearing me say this but I won't run a car that can take the pole by more than about 1.5", and if I'm more than about 0.5" up I start from the back of the pack.
 
I start from the back of the pack too. Mostly, because I want the extra mileage from my oil, and I don't see the point of running a qual lap (in amatuer league) when the race is only 3-7 laps.

In my next restart, I plan to run most of the races "fair". I also intend not to mod ANY car over stage 2. I want to try to do what Road-Hazzard did to some extent. Though I don't intend to be as patient as Hazzard was.
 
Heck, of course I enjoy a close race! You can't really tell how your skill has progressed unless you're at the same level as the competition, after all. (And by the same rule, you can't really improve unless you're at the same level as them, eiher.)
 
I would rather have less power but better gearing then over power. I love the close races, the kinds where the hair on your neck stands up. You ever try racing a R390 in a 350Z. That is hair raising.
 
I like taking slightly modded Integra Type-R against Amateur Japanese champions. It is quite challenging.
 
:D To miata13B,
No, haven't tried that one, but was able to win every race except the F-1 Series w/one of my Road Cars. (I only used the GT1 Road when ABSOLUTELY neccessary). Most of them were just the way all you guys who've answered like 'em...Very Close. Have never driven the 350Z although I have several, how do you like it & what mods will it accept??? Thanx...UB57
:D
 
well,it must really be worth accepting the loss if both of you were pushin' your skills to the limit and you still lost.It just gives you then an opportunity to push yourself OVER the limit..something your opponent WOULDN'T be expecting.It would be as a Counter-Attack if you must..but either way,my outlook on it,I've lost a reeeeeally close race before,by like .017 and I gladly accepted it,then came back and had another good race with him and beat him barely =D

AE86Driver
 
A lot of my racing is in i.link mode with my friends. I usually lose. But some of the racing has been frantastic. Last week I came 2nd in a race by 0.003 secs after drafting my pal out of the last turn at Tokyo.

Against the AI I enjoy running a car which is slower than the fastest AI car but needs to pit less often.
 
yes,I have found that human opponents are sometimes better challenging than computer opponents (at some points in time) cause you never know what to expect if you race against your friend huh?

AE86Driver
 
Plus racing live means there is drafting and you can battle each other, EX. he blocks you as you try to pass and after you pass him you take the best line and he might out brake you. Thats the fun of live racing, your oppenent has intelligance and wits...
 
Isn't being in close race what it's all about. What's the point of being in a race with a car that's a lock to win. There's no thrill in that. It kind of defeats the purpose of racing. If there is no competion then why spend all that time tuning the bloody cars, just get in a Toyota GT1 with full mods and enter the Sunday Cup race series.
 
this really depends really. in one case in a arcade race, losing to superior cars does not get me to down if i know i raced well. however if i was racing the Amatuer GT world championship on the last race on the last lap and losing by .014 sec i would be pissed off.
 
well,one of my friends,he likes racing basically against ANYTHING in simulation or arcade mode with his F1 and blows them away,thinkin' it's cool or somethin'.After that race with his F1 though,he usually ends up turning my PS2 off and saying he's bored =P.While on the other hand,I like to challenge the Race cars in Arcade Mode (Hard) with my Trueno on Special Stage Route 11 and after my race,which is usually close cause of that damn 787B and the long straightaway :p,I usually KEEP playing instead of turning it off.I usually also try to stick with evenly horsepowered cars in simulation mode as well to have great races.Thanks for that great tip Ving :D

..........*coughs* wherever you are :p

AE86Driver
 
hell yes dude as long as i dont screw it for myself...like crash at the last corner and then lose by a tiny amount....i honestly enjoyed the vitz race because of its closeness and the similarity of the cars:D
 
Back