As some of us are dealing with the DFGT-RA issue where we cannot change ASM/TCS on the fly after the patch 1.05, I started racing without ABS in order to get ASM=NO (I hate the car's corrections with ASM).
Well mates, what a different story, but first in order not to lock up brakes I had to set brake strength to 0 or 1 depending on the car.
If I break more than necessary there we go, a very easy spin and losses of position, so just charge again through the field to regain the lead.
So I was thinking... let's race as in real life (or so I guess) and just be smooth on the brakes, do not touch the other competitors, accelerate once the car is straight, etc... well the only thing I can say is that so far the races are more complicated to win, and so there are more close battles, summarizing I enjoy more the game (although I have to repeat some races in order to get gold).
If it is raining that's a different story (no control), but I guess I need to go through a learning curve to get it sort, in the meanwhile I already purchased that squah ball I read on other threads so brake pedal is not so soft and get a better feeling, hope it works.
So have you tried racing w/o ABS and how you feel it?
Well mates, what a different story, but first in order not to lock up brakes I had to set brake strength to 0 or 1 depending on the car.
If I break more than necessary there we go, a very easy spin and losses of position, so just charge again through the field to regain the lead.
So I was thinking... let's race as in real life (or so I guess) and just be smooth on the brakes, do not touch the other competitors, accelerate once the car is straight, etc... well the only thing I can say is that so far the races are more complicated to win, and so there are more close battles, summarizing I enjoy more the game (although I have to repeat some races in order to get gold).
If it is raining that's a different story (no control), but I guess I need to go through a learning curve to get it sort, in the meanwhile I already purchased that squah ball I read on other threads so brake pedal is not so soft and get a better feeling, hope it works.
So have you tried racing w/o ABS and how you feel it?