can't kick this feeling
Staff Emeritus
Canada
Toronto
NewAesthetic
SlipZtrEm
fpapmcheaderwk09.jpg

Further explanation of the theme, provided by, Boabdulrahman:

"Very simple, just take any one of those hot hatchbacks for a ride anywhere you like. You'll be suprised of the performance, believe me."

CARS: Any hatchback
LOCATIONS: Any
AUTOVISTA/HOMESPACES: Yes
CUSTOM LIVERIES: Yes
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS: You must see the trunk from inside the car!

fpapmcheaderrules.jpg

Please, ensure you read and understand all requirements for this competition. Failure to follow
the rules may result in disqualification. If you have questions, send a PM to SlipZtrEm, Scaff, or Terronium-12.

• It is recommended you host your image on ImageShack, Photobucket, or Flickr.
  • Not sure how to post a thumbnail or preview image? Read this sticky!
  • Please use a clickable-preview to full-size, not a separate text link for it; it makes poll creation much easier!

• One entry per user. It must be your own work, and never previously used in a comp.
    [*]Do not ask other users to choose your entry.
    [*]Mark your FINAL ENTRY clearly, with red text. On H2H weeks, which side, as well.
    [*]You may change your entry once. Do it clearly; edit out your previous entry, and
    either post the new one in a new reply, or in place of the original.
    [*]When submitting, use either a thumbnail or a preview image, as a clickable link to the full-sizer.
    [*]Preview images can not exceed 500 pixels in either direction.
    [*]A preview image must be representative of the full-size image. Do not add effects to it.
    [*]Do not post "Honourable Mentions" or outtakes - just your Final Entry, that's all.
    [*]Winner gets to choose the following week's theme, as well as the Top 25. Every fourth
    week, the poll will be H2H style: entries must choose a "team", leading to two 12-picture,
    4-day polls. The winners from each faces off in a final 48 hour poll.
    [*]Winners cannot enter in their own theme!
    [*]The Host may ask for the original image and it must be submitted if so, by uploading to your storefront.
    For this reason, it's recommended to save the original image until week's ends.
Failure to follow these rules will result in ignored entries and/or disqualification!

fpapmcheaderediting.jpg

What you may not do to a photo:
  • Alter the geometry of the car; No body modifications not available in game.
  • Add shapes or objects from outside of FM4, signatures excepted.
  • Add lens flares or "artistic" filters to image.
  • Remove items from shot (scenery, other cars).
  • Use more than 1 image (HDR, photo-stitching, multi-exposure).
  • "Creative cropping". The main "image" must be four-sided, with 90-degree, upright corners (though they can be rounded).

What you may do to a photo:
  • Crop and/or resize an image.
  • Adjust the level or curve values.
  • Alter the colour tone of the image (gradient maps, photo filters, colour balance, etc).
  • Adjust brightness, contrast, exposure, shadow/highlights.
  • Enhance shadows or highlights (dodge and burn tools in Photoshop, for example).
  • Add noise and/or diffuse glow.
  • Add a post-game tilt-shift blur, or apply a motion blur to a stationary Photomode shot.
  • Make use of Layer Blend Modes.
  • Use a Sharpening filter and/or tool.
  • Remove the FM4 watermark.
  • Add a personal signature.
  • Clean up or fix jaggies, texture pixelation, or colour separation.
  • Add a vignette effect.
fpapmcheaderdeadline.jpg

[23.59 EST]

*EDIT*

It appears after a thorough search the Acura and Honda RSX/Integra DC5 shape is a hatchback

however I do understand what Boabdulrahman means that that car would not be put in the Hot Hatch class by car manufactures

I Didn't get a chance to take a new shot for this due to playing Skyrim a bit too much :lol: so here is my entry

Final Entry

The Integra was designed by Honda as a hot hatch. The Type R has been basically the hottest and most sought after hatch in America since it came here.

The Integra was designed by Honda as a hot hatch. The Type R has been basically the hottest and most sought after hatch in America since it came here.

In europe a hot hatch would be the civic and the integra would be a coupe, maybe its different accross the pond :)

In europe a hot hatch would be the civic and the integra would be a coupe, maybe its different accross the pond :)

Having owned and Integra, I can definitely say it is a hatch not a coupe. And being the only Type R to this day to ever be massed produced for America. I don't see why I am getting all this heat? Are any of you American or know much about the Integra or Honda or what is or isn't considered a hatch, at least an American hot hatch? Or just the need to second guess me cause I didn't want to use an EK or EJ?

I see both sides of the discussion - technically, the Integra is indeed a hatch, the same way the Porsche Panamera is. But when I think of "hot hatch", I think of the Civic over the Integra, since I could see the entire rear storage compartment from inside the car. The '95 Integra I owned had a (removable) shelf right behind the rear seats to at least give the impression of a normal three-box design.

Typically, I'd refer to the Integra as a notch-back or lift-back instead of a full-on hatchback, but that's splitting hairs. I'll leave the final call to Bo, since it's his theme, but I see no reason not to include the 'Teggie.

Sorry about the delays this week too, folks - now that we're out of the holiday-woods, things should be back to something resembling normal!

The only Honda hot hatches by your definition that made it to America weren't really hot. The '91-'95 Civic Si still had a D series engine and the '01-'05 Si was just too heavy for the K20. It wasn't any faster than the '99-'00 Si coupe with the B16. Which IMO only leaves the Type R Integra as the Hot Hatch from Honda excluding the CRX from the 80's.

But there are plenty of Honda Hot Hatch's to choose from though, even if they weren't available in America

04 Civic Type R
07 Civic Type R
97 Civic Type R
10 Mugen Type R

not to mention all the other manufactures in the game ;)

But there are plenty of Honda Hot Hatch's to choose from though, even if they weren't available in America

04 Civic Type R
07 Civic Type R
97 Civic Type R
10 Mugen Type R

not to mention all the other manufactures in the game ;)

That really doesnt change the fact he did actually post a hatchback.

I thought a hot hatch was anything with 3 doors or 5 doors? But then people could be picky about the 5 door as some would call it a wagon, even though, its still a hatch.

The EK hatch is the greatest hot hatch of all time so I don't need to be reminded that is in the game. As someone already already shot it along with the later model of which the chassis code slips me, and the Mugen Civic is a unicorn I don't own, I figured I would be bold and choose something different. Why nothing besides Honda? They are really the only Japanese brand I like. And I don't think I would call the Sonic or Fiesta hot. LOL.

Well, the OP commented that it isn't a hatch which means I am out. No worries cause its a nice shot for my gallery regardless. And it gives one of you an actual shot of winning. Zinger!!! Joking btw.

The EK hatch is the greatest hot hatch of all time so I don't need to be reminded that is in the game. As someone already already shot it along with the later model of which the chassis code slips me, and the Mugen Civic is a unicorn I don't own, I figured I would be bold and choose something different. Why nothing besides Honda? They are really the only Japanese brand I like. And I don't think I would call the Sonic or Fiesta hot. LOL.

Well, the OP commented that it isn't a hatch which means I am out. No worries cause its a nice shot for my gallery regardless. And it gives one of you an actual shot of winning. Zinger!!! Joking btw.

The 2010(i think?) Mugen civic Type R is not a unicorn. Its available at the honda dealership for around 55k i think?

Sorry guys, i didn't pass on the forum in a long time, but if slipz is ok with it i don't mind your entry bry it's ok.

I wasn't contesting the fact that Bry posted a valid picture according to the rules as he saw them, but a Hot Hatch in Europe is very different to what you believe a Hot Hatch to be in America :)

Well i just figured if it has a hatch then it was considered a hatchback, be it a 240sx or a GTI . I dont think it has to do with me being in America, more of me just being informed(or misinformed to some) of it.

A Hot Hatch in Europe would be considered more as a Hot Compact in America :)

I don't see it as that at all really. "Compact" can be such a big category, and isn't really a set group like coupe, sedan, and hatchback. So like i said i don't think its because we are in America.

Either way whats done is done, i didnt mean to hijack this thread.

Ok, seems we are never going to all agree on what we think a Hot Hatch means and the differences we believe make them a Hot Hatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back