- Kaikoura, NZ
This weeks theme in detail as presented by last weeks winner; Simone...
"Choose a car previous to the '80s. Then use any filter you have available to give a vintage touch to the photo that you will show us."
CARS: Any pre '80's. No modern cars allowed
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS: As above - Static or motion is up to you
Please, ensure you read and understand all requirements for this competition. Failure to follow the rules may result in disqualification. If you have questions, start a convo with me.
This Thread will answer many possible questions you may have.
- It is recommended you host your image on ImageShack, Photobucket, or Flickr.
- Not sure how to post a thumbnail or preview image? Read this sticky!
- Please use a clickable-preview to full-size, not a separate text link for it;
it makes poll creation much easier!
- One entry per user. It must be your own work, and never previously used in a comp.
- Do not ask other users to choose your entry.
- Absolutely no hybrid, hacked cars, or cars obtained through such means.
- Mark your FINAL ENTRY clearly, with red text. On H2H weeks, which side, as well.
Unsure how to? Copy and paste the following: [COLOR="Red"]FINAL ENTRY[/COLOR]
- You may change your entry once. Do it clearly; edit out your previous entry, and
either post the new one in a new reply, or in place of the original.
- When submitting, use either a thumbnail or a preview image, linked to the full-sizer.
- Preview images can not exceed 500 pixels in either direction.
- A preview image must be representative of the full-size image. Do not add effects to it.
- Do not post "Honourable Mentions" or outtakes - just your Final Entry, that's all.
- Winner gets to choose the following week's theme, as well as the Top 20. Every fourth
week, the poll will be H2H style: entries must choose a "team", leading to two 10-picture,
4-day polls. The winners from each faces off in a final 48 hour poll.
- Winners cannot enter in their own theme!
- The Host may ask for the original image and it must be submitted if so.
It's recommended to save the original image (preferably in-game) until week's ends.
Failure to follow these rules will result in ignored entries and/or disqualification!
What you may not do to a photo:
- Alter the geometry of the car. No stickers, or body modifications not available in game.
- Add shapes or objects from outside of GT6, signatures excepted.
- Tying into the above: signatures only, no image titles or other typographic elements.
- Add lens flares or "artistic" filters to image.
- Remove items from shot (scenery, other cars).
- Use more than 1 image (HDR, photo-stitching, multi-exposure).
- "Creative cropping". The main "image" must be four-sided, with 90-degree, upright corners.
- Selective car colour changing: masking different parts to create racing stripes or similar.
- Crop and/or resize an image.
- Adjust the level or curve values.
- Alter the colour tone of the image (gradient maps, photo filters, colour balance, etc).
- Car body colour change (all stickers/design features must remain, see "Remove Items" rule).
- Adjust brightness, contrast, exposure, shadow/highlights.
- Enhance shadows or highlights (dodge and burn tools in Photoshop, for example).
- Add noise and/or diffuse glow.
- Add a post-game tilt-shift blur, or apply a motion blur to a stationary Photomode shot.
- Make use of Layer Blend Modes.
- Use a Sharpening filter and/or tool.
- Scale or enlarge rims.
- Remove or modify license plates - it must be hand-drawn, no importing real ones.
- Remove the GT watermark.
- Add a personal signature/watermark (not an image title).
- Clean up or fix jaggies, texture pixelation, or colour separation.
- Add a vignette effect.