CLOSED POLL: 2.0 Advanced Competition 007 (W: nanabu)

• Thread starter SlipZtrEm
  • 9 comments

THEME: Sexy Silhouettes

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SlipZtrEm

can't kick this feeling
Staff Emeritus
Canada
Toronto
NewAesthetic
SlipZtrEm
apmcheader_007-png.105570

This week's theme in detail, brought to you by winner GPR:

"A sexy car often has beautiful lines and creates beautiful shapes. So this week I want to see some these features shown off in a simple and striking way. The Silhouette. Capture smooth curves or aggressive sharp angles whatever you like just makes sure it's a silhouette shot."

CARS: Any
LOCATIONS: Any that provide a silhouette opportunity
PHOTOTRAVEL: Yes
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS: Must be a silhouette shot of a car

apmc_rules-png.87106

Please, ensure you read and understand all requirements for this competition. Failure to follow
the rules may result in disqualification. If you have questions, send me a Private Message.
  • Do not vote for your own entry.
  • Do not try to sway the poll.
  • In the event of a tie, a 24 hour poll is created.
  • In the event of a second tie or a tie in the final H2H poll, Judge's vote is the deciding factor.
  • Please, view each image in it's full size, before voting.
  • Poll consists of the Judge's favourite 15 images. For H2H weeks, 8 per poll.

apmc_polloptions-png.98968

Make sure you have reviewed this section before placing your vote in the poll. No user may vote for their own submission; this will result in disqualification.

Poll Option #01

Poll Option #02

Poll Option #03

Poll Option #04

Poll Option #05

Poll Option #06

Poll Option #07

Poll Option #08

Poll Option #09

Poll Option #10

Poll Option #11

Poll Option #12

Poll Option #13

Poll Option #14

apmc_deadline-png.87108

I'm sorry for asking but I'm with a doubt here. :)
Remove items from shot (scenery, other cars).

@Nato_777 and @SlipZtrEm What does this mean exactly? I'm asking this because it looks to me that making a black layer hidding the background / parts of the original image is the same as removing them. I didn't see the original shots from entries #1 #7 and #13 but from the reflections on the cars I would assume they were taken in daylight or at least with some light from the top/sky.

They look great indeed. But IMO it's easy to make a shot like that putting a black layer on top of everything we don't want and bring up the "silhouette". :)

I'd like to see this clarified since it we can't remove a sign or a person we souldn't be able to remove an entire BG. If that is not the case in these particular shots, I would like see this rule explained for future entries. :)

I'll give my vote after some explanation. :)

Reactions: GPR
I'm sorry for asking but I'm with a doubt here. :)
Remove items from shot (scenery, other cars).

@Nato_777 and @SlipZtrEm What does this mean exactly? I'm asking this because it looks to me that making a black layer hidding the background / parts of the original image is the same as removing them. I didn't see the original shots from entries #1 #7 and #13 but from the reflections on the cars I would assume they were taken in daylight or at least with some light from the top/sky.

They look great indeed. But IMO it's easy to make a shot like that putting a black layer on top of everything we don't want and bring up the "silhouette". :)

I'd like to see this clarified since it we can't remove a sign or a person we souldn't be able to remove an entire BG. If that is not the case in these particular shots, I would like see this rule explained for future entries. :)

I'll give my vote after some explanation. :)

2s7am2g.jpg

Only thing was " removed " is the GT logo , and if that is not allowed then bann all the entries ever posted on gtplanet :D

cheers

nanabu, now it's obvious that in your case its all good. ;) But you have to agreed with my doubt at least. :)

It may be advisable to express any doubts in the original competition thread and/or via PM to SlipZ or the authors of the said "doubts" 👍.................. It can or may sway influence on potential voting in a Poll thread otherwise.

Just to clear this up I see mine is among those mentioned.... I won't go into detail how I achieved the final result here other than to say anyone is welcome to open mine in an editing program and whack the exposure up to 100........ nothing was added or taken away and only a duplicate layer was used to change the levels.

Original:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back