CLOSED: POLL: CCCL Competition: Week 85 - WINNER: Crooooooow

• Thread starter Nato_777
  • 21 comments

The Fax Machine Sports Car

• [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/79756654@N05/8124234046/lightbox/][img]http://farm9.staticflickr.c

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/kasparschultz/8129125035/in/photostream/lightbox/][img]http://farm

• [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/photos_of_gt_hp_nut/8130164556/lightbox][img]http://farm9.staticfl

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nato_777

Moderately Super
Premium
New Zealand
Kaikoura, NZ
Nato777
CCCLW85Ban.jpg

Further explanation of the theme, as described by Nuschel01:

"The Isuzu 4200R is one of the less used cars in GT5, but why? I want you to take it out to
Tokyo's bureaus and send some faxes."

CAR: Isuzu 4200R

gtp_cccl_rules-01-3.jpg

Please, ensure you read and understand all requirements for this competition. Failure to follow
the rules may result in disqualification. If you have any questions, please, send me a Private Message.

This Thread has everything you need to know.

• Be reminded that only the Judge's favourite 15 entries will get through to each poll.
  • Do not vote on your entry.
  • Do not try to sway the poll.
  • In the event of a tie, a 24 hour poll is created.
  • In the event of a second tie, Judge's vote is the deciding factor.
  • Please, view each image in it's full size, before voting.

CCCL_PrizeCar85.jpg

Last edited:
Aww, my pink Barbie racer didn't made it. :embarrassed:

Now choosing!? There are at least 7 shots I see battling for the win.

my ISUZO neither. :/ Well, I suppose I have to give a "discount" to the judge... We see pictures here that we dont know where they were taken, some with very bad angle cut and out of focus, but it's OK. :)

I voted for the B&W one :) I think its well "constructed" and the geometry it has make it look awesome! Oh, and I see clearly it's Tokyo! ^^

ps:8 and 13 are also very good in my opinion :) Great entries in general! 👍

@zzz_pt: I missed something in your shot, idk what but I missed something. But it was the last I eliminated, sorry :(

@mitch: IMO the pink destroys the car even more, I didn't liked it

Ok. :) But i wonder if you didn t "miss" Tokyo in any shot. ;) I thought it was mandatory.

Don't misjudge me guys ^^ I just like the rules to be followed

zzz_pt

There are only 2 shots where you can't see it's in Tokyo but I thought they should make the poll because I thought they're cool. ;)

There are only 2 shots where you can't see it's in Tokyo but I thought they should make the poll because I thought they're cool. ;)

Ok. I just wanna be sure...

Guess what. I had better shots...but Tokyo wasn't there... I think I am to new around here. I'm being :dunce:

Sadly BMXmitch and DarkR's fluorescent entries didn't make it, except for mine. :sly:

my ISUZO neither. :/ Well, I suppose I have to give a "discount" to the judge... We see pictures here that we dont know where they were taken, some with very bad angle cut and out of focus, but it's OK. :)

Dude... so far every week you've complained about the poll when you don't make it.

Just realize that there are better shots sometimes and you're not always going to make the poll.

As for the poll, it's hard to choose between Taiga's, jB's and Crow's... Still can't decide...

Dude... so far every week you've complained about the poll when you don't make it.

Just realize that there are better shots sometimes and you're not always going to make the poll.

You're wrong. Last 2.0 PC I just asked why (and don't complaint of anything) and after the judge explained I understood the choice.

This time i complained about the rules being broken. I didn't said that my entry should be in the poll. ;) Like Crooooooow said, BMXmitch and DarkR's entries were very good too and IMO, deserved to be in the poll (instead of the ones we don't see Tokyo).

I didn't made the rules but I like them ...dude ;)

This time i complained about the rules being broken. I didn't said that my entry should be in the poll. ;) Like Crooooooow said, BMXmitch and DarkR's entries were very good too and IMO, deserved to be in the poll (instead of the ones we don't see Tokyo).
I thought their entries were good too, but you nor I are the judge. Nuschel01 is.

I thought their entries were good too, but you nor I are the judge. Nuschel01 is.

Yep, I now. ;) But the judge (whoever he/she is) may be the first to follow the rules :rolleyes:

Besides that, the poll is great! Always good entries. 👍

Thanks for calling me a she...

I just don't liked the theme. I just wanted Tokyo and didn't said "You must see that it is Tokyo". I said Tokyo and they were made in Tokyo...

Thanks for calling me a she...

I just don't liked the theme. I just wanted Tokyo and didn't said "You must see that it is Tokyo". I said Tokyo and they were made in Tokyo...

I said he/she in gerneral :) nothing personal Nuschel01 :)

I kind of understand your point, but if the competition is Certain Car Certain Location, I supposed that the location has to appear ;) If not, what is the purpose of the location? And if not, what do you say to people that lost their time trying to get a good shot with that premise? :) I hope you get my point.

Nato777: I would like to know if the location is optional or not :)

my advice: get used to losing, its statistically inevitable.

as far as losing your time...seriously? you're on the internet, its all a waste of time.

I shoot my images based on what I think looks good, not what the judge wants, therefore, I am most likely to lose because what I think isn't what anyone else thinks. All of these competitions have two sets of judges: The judge that picks the top 15 and then all of the votes. I'm pretty sure out of a dozen competitions I've been picked for 2 or 3 and have only gotten one or two votes.

short version: the judge can pick what they want, its their competition and you're probably not going to get picked

my advice: get used to losing, its statistically inevitable.

as far as losing your time...seriously? you're on the internet, its all a waste of time.

I shoot my images based on what I think looks good, not what the judge wants, therefore, I am most likely to lose because what I think isn't what anyone else thinks. All of these competitions have two sets of judges: The judge that picks the top 15 and then all of the votes. I'm pretty sure out of a dozen competitions I've been picked for 2 or 3 and have only gotten one or two votes.

short version: the judge can pick what they want, its their competition and you're probably not going to get picked

I'm more than used to accept defeats. But I'm not talking about losing or gaining anything. I'm talking about logic (its CC and CL NOT CR or/and CL). And I will not enter in that type of argument...of "learn how to loose"," get used to it" stuff. Oh, and this is my opinion. And, for definition, opinions are all correct.

In my personal life I have submitted dozens of works to competitions. Most of them I lost. And I keep on trying. I just like clear "briefings" and for "certain car, certain location" I assume the location has to be in the picture. Is this so hard to understand? :)

___

Just go ahead with the poll. 👍

Nato777: I would like to know if the location is optional or not :)

The location is certainly not optional, you must be able to at least identify the location from the shot - this in no way excludes extreme closeups as long as you can still identify the location by the reflections etc...
All of the entries in the poll can be identified as being at Tokyo - you can clearly see by scenery in the reflections in the two closeups. Probably the most difficult shot to identify is jBhlpS entry but even here on close inspection I can see it is Tokyo.
In the end it comes down to personal opinion as to whether a shot should include a 'broader' view of the location or not and each week the opinion that really counts is the judges. ;)

The location is certainly not optional, you must be able to at least identify the location from the shot - this in no way excludes extreme closeups as long as you can still identify the location by the reflections etc...
All of the entries in the poll can be identified as being at Tokyo - you can clearly see by scenery in the reflections in the two closeups. Probably the most difficult shot to identify is jBhlpS entry but even here on close inspection I can see it is Tokyo.
In the end it comes down to personal opinion as to whether a shot should include a 'broader' view of the location or not and each week the opinion that really counts is the judges. ;)

Ok Nato777. Thanks for clearing it up. 👍

I saw Tokyo on the close ups too. The only one I cant see any Tokyo is the jB shot. Its an awesome shot though (obvious ^^).

Poll is closed and the winner is...

Crooooooow

Congratulations! 👍

Congrats Crooooooow.. Definitely deserved the win..
and thanks to nissanfanatic, Pgani and tronrider345 for the votes

Congrats Crooooooow.. Definitely deserved the win..
Thank you Ziggy, arsenal1992, DarkR, decoy187, hawk2201, ijkhk4, mattmflok, mazda787, reverand33, ShadowPeter, Sinfour, Yauma9, and the people who considered to cast their vote for my entry. :cool:👍 I hope everyone is ready to take on the challenge I have in store for next week. :sly: Best of luck goes out to every competitor!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back