Nato_777

Moderately Super
Premium
New Zealand
Kaikoura, NZ
Nato777
SSCW20Ban.jpg

HEAD TO HEAD SPECIAL

Further explaination of the theme from Nato_777.

"The ageless battle of good and evil rages - I want to see your 'saintly white' or 'beastly black'
beauties. Choose your allegance - good or evil! Some creative license in the interpretation of
the theme within the image and/or in the cars' 'behavour' is permittted - even encouraged ;).
Multiple cars are allowed in shot but they must all be white or all be black.
Please note that I'm not looking for B&W photos and would prefer colour. :)

Cars: Any - must be either white or black
Locations: Any.
Phototravel: Sure, go ahead.
Unique Restrictions: Car(s) must be white or black.

SSC_Rules.jpg

Please, ensure you read and understand all requirements for this competition. Failure to follow
the rules may result in disqualification. If you have questions, send me a Private Message.

This Thread will answer many possible questions you may have.

• Be reminded that only the Judges favorite 8 entries will get through to each poll.
  • Do not vote on your entry.
  • Do not try to sway the poll.
  • Do not reveal or hint at the identity of any entries
  • In the event of a tie, a 24 hour poll is created.
  • In the event of a second tie, Judge's vote is the deciding factor.
  • Please, view each image in it's full size, before voting.
  • If you didn't make the poll you are encouraged to post your entry in this thread so
    everyone gets to see all the entries.

Last edited:
It was going to be a top 6 poll per side but due to the high number of entries this week I've extended it to 8 per side.

Good luck to those that made it and just for fun here's my own interpretation of my theme - Evil side

thats a sick interpretation Nato!:drool:👍

And a nice poll here. Glad to see the SSC grow more and more:dopey:

A bit too dark, I think it would have been better off with a different filter or none at all. Good composition though. 👍

I find for most of my pictures now (I'm saying now, because my editing style has changed), I will mostly duplicate the background layer and put the blending style to soft light or hard light, then reduce the opacity if there are some areas that are too dark of too over-exposed. Then mess with the colour balance a little, and add a soft vignette.

My editing is much more subtle, I suppose, than before. But I like it.

Oh and if the shot is dark, don't bother duplicating the picture and doing the soft light effect, everything will just be too dark. That's really all I do.

I'll actually even give you an example. :P

Here is the stock shot; here is the edited version. This is actually my CCCL entry for this week. I didn't change around much, but I feel like it made a big difference overall.

That Maserati pic is absolutely awesome. The car comes straight outta hell to devour your very soul with it's grill full of sharp evil teeth :D Can't capture the theme any better!

Just had to give my vote to the prius. It takes skill to make the weeniest car ever look like a machine of doom, but it was pulled off nicely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back