CLOSED POLL: The GT Sport Photo Mode Competition 06 (W: AlexSinclair)

• Thread starter SlipZtrEm
  • 11 comments

THEME: Personal Liveries

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SlipZtrEm

can't kick this feeling
Staff Emeritus
Canada
Toronto
NewAesthetic
SlipZtrEm
Gran-Turismo-Sport-Porsche-911-GT3-RS-NBDESIGNZ.jpg

GTS PMC 04 Winner: @NBDESIGNZ - (click for full-size)

This Week's Theme
This week's theme, "Personal Liveries", comes to us care of Week 04 winner @NBDESIGNZ:

"For this week I'd like to see your best creation out of the livery editor and I want to see a prove of it (ex: your signature, personal license plate or logo on it) if possible. Get creative! I'm waiting to see your work!"

CARS: Any
LIVERIES: Any self-created liveries
LOCATIONS: All
SCAPES: Yes
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS: No static shots, and your own livery/liveries.

Competition Rules

Please, ensure you read and understand all requirements for this poll. Failure to follow the rules may result in disqualification. If you have questions, start a convo with me.
  • The only way you can take part is to be a member of the GTPlanet forums. If you haven't created your account yet, click here.
  • Do not vote for your own entry.
  • Do not try to sway the poll.
  • Please, view each image in its full size, before voting.
  • In the event of a tie, a 24H tiebreaker poll will be posted. All contestants in the tiebreaker are asked to vote; if one person doesn't, all other contestants votes won't count.
Poll Options

Poll Option #01

Poll Option #02

Poll Option #03

Poll Option #04

Poll Option #05

Poll Option #06

Poll Option #07

tumblr_p1mmzpYK6J1qhga9ao1_1280.jpg

Poll Option #08

Poll Option #09

View media item 37183Poll Option #10

Poll Option #11

Poll Option #12

Poll Option #13

Poll Option #14

Poll Option #15

Poll Option #16

Poll Option #17

Poll Option #18

Poll Option #19

Poll Option #20

Poll Option #21

Poll Option #22

Poll Option #23

Poll Option #24

Poll Option #25

Poll Option #26

Poll Option #27

Poll Option #28

Poll Option #29

Poll Option #30

Poll Option #31

Poll Option #32

Poll Option #33

Poll Option #34

Poll Option #35

Deadline

January 17, 2018

My personal top 5 shots are entries #20, #24, #26, #28 and #31. All for different reasons - let me explain:

#20 - Crisp and clean livery, lighting and sense of motion are spot on, but the exposure seems too low and the composition could be improved (rear wing blends into the background)

#24 - This could easily be a factory livery - it's simple, but the accents (red line, prancing horse, flags) do make it stand out; the car appears to be slightly out of focus and the composition could be more inviting

#26 - Lovely depth of field and background blur, both exposure and shadows are spot on; there's very minimal colour banding and a few artefacts at the back end of the car, but the smooth lighting easily makes up for this

#28 - Toning and contrast are on another level (pun intended :D) in this shot; the car could've been sharper, but that would've taken away from the sense of motion, I suppose; the livery itself is not too exciting, but I think that it fits well into this setting and looks realistic

#31 - Well, this is one great livery, which fits the car very well; unfortunately, said car hasn't been set in scene well enough, in my opinion - the background appears too busy and the lighting doesn't add much to the car; I'm pretty sure that this one is being held back a lot by the overall composition

I really liked #28 as a photo, but I couldn't forgive seeing a Cadillac livery on a Porsche. Given the theme, that immediately put it to the back of the pack for me. Sorry!

#9 got my vote because of the rationale behind the livery. I have such a soft spot for 90's rally cars. Seeing such an obscure livery recreated here, and then shot well, meant it had to get my vote.

Was hard to choose out of these entries as there are so many good ones, but here's a few that stood out to me:

Option #2: I tend to be a sucker for racing action shots so this immediately caught my attention. Great looking liveries, just the right amount of lighting and they are doing battle on track. Can't ask for more 👍

Option #7: Absolutely love this, I get Speed Tribe vibes from it. One of the best motion shots I've seen and as someone who loves contrast with lights and colors, this does that beautifully. Livery looks amazing as well. Not necessarily sure I could see the ACO allowing an interesting car (even though they've allowed stranger things :lol:), but it doesn't hurt to dream.

Option #24
: While simple in contrast to the others, I dig the livery quite abit as its on a car I feel doesn't need a lot to make it standout. The scene and the amount of blur really works well here.

Option #28: Quite fond of those old car magazine pages with those stylized car ads so this really appeals to me. The lighting, placement and positioning is done really well. Some will question the livery choice but if they're aware of the interesting origin underneath the bodywork between this car and the car that livery usually adorns (which is sadly missing), they could actually appreciate the clever choice. I see what you did there ;)

Thanks for the entries, and thanks for organizing the contest threads. LOVE 'EM!

NP
My personal top 5 shots are entries #20, #24, #26, #28 and #31. All for different reasons - let me explain:

#31 - Well, this is one great livery, which fits the car very well; unfortunately, said car hasn't been set in scene well enough, in my opinion - the background appears too busy and the lighting doesn't add much to the car; I'm pretty sure that this one is being held back a lot by the overall composition

Thank you for the constructive criticism, and after reading your notes on my picture, I agree whole-heartedly. This will make me try harder in the future.

To whomever, thank you for the one vote. It was an awesome livery... just needed a better photo. :(

And congrats to the winner(s).

@craw4dm, you're welcome! And it still is an awesome livery... Would love to see you create a whole set of photos of this car with different compositions. 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back