CLOSED: POLL: The Photomode Tournament: Season 05 PMC - Round One

The best 4 are:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Portugal
Lisboa

5tkd.jpg

Second round of Season 06 of The Photomode Tournament. Make sure you understand the theme requirements of your match.
You can see each dashboard update by clicking in the: PMC

PMC
[Click to raise dashboard]

irb.jpg

Older and newer iteration of the same car in the same shot. (i.e. Camaro ’69 vs. Camaro ‘10
CARS: Any (Old and New)
LOCATIONS: Any
PHOTOTRAVEL: No
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS: See Above.

s1m6.jpg

Take a picture with a black and a white car
CARS: Any
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS: One car must be black and the other white

6w9a.jpg

Use cars that are rivals (i.e.: Lamborghini Aventador vs. Ferrari Enzo)
CARS: Any (Rivals)
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS: See above

qqsf.jpg

Both cars battling out
CARS: See Description
LOCATIONS: Top Gear Test Track
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS: See above

rulese.jpg

Please, ensure you read and understand all requirements for this competition. Failure to follow
the rules may result in disqualification. If you have questions, send me a Private Message.
This Thread will answer many possible questions you may have.

• Be reminded that this is a multiple choice poll. Please, vote in each match;
  • Do not vote on your own entry;
  • Do not try to sway the poll;
  • In the event of a tie, qualifying vote count will be the deciding factor;
  • In the event of a second tie, total number of votes in the tournament will be the deciding factor;
  • In the event of a third tie, host vote will count as two votes;
  • Please, view each entry in it's full size before voting;
  • If there is any problem, please, report to me via P.M.

deadlinez.jpg

I can't see the GT logo on 1st image...

EDIT: Never mind, i found it. But i think it's a little bit edited. But it's just my opinion.

Last edited:

It should be in top left....my guess is SM rotated it 90 degrees before taking the shot,................ well its what I would do :sly:

name-check to Crooooow, Nato and Tassie-Tiger for aiding me in the use of their i-Concepts 👍👍 Cheers guys :cheers:

EDIT: Never mind, i found it. But i think it's a little bit edited. But it's just my opinion.

This shot is straight from the game, no editing. It's vertical shot , I rotated it, that's all.
I can send you original pic if you want.

This shot is straight from the game, no editing. It's vertical shot , I rotated it, that's all.
I can send you original pic if you want.

But the original picture is in the poll. I don't need it. lol

If you say is unedited, i believe on you. :)

That said Shaolin's entry is the only one that shows Adobe Photoshop CS5 in the exif data and is the only one with a 72dpi resolution - all the others have 16dpi. It is the only one that is a 2x image but checking back on another 2x image from the previous round it had 16dpi as well.

Just saying...

I don't know what photoshop adds to the EXIF data of the picture when you save it. The only thing I did in PS was rotation.

Btw at first I wanted to rotate it with flickr tools (when you upload the picture you can rotate it ), but when I uploaded Flickr automatically rotated it and when I clicked "view all sizes" ----> Original it still was vertical.

Just in case I'll post original picture to avoid any misunderstanding. :)
Check EXIF data and click view all sizes to see what I'm talking about.

Last edited:
Btw at first I wanted to rotate it with flickr tools (when you upload the picture you can rotate it ), but when I uploaded Flickr automatically rotated it and when I clicked "view all sizes" ----> Original it still was vertical.

I think this has been a 'wierd' glitch since the shake-up on Flickr... I used to rotate my shots with the online tools and now they look ok on the front page and first click only?? also I guess as soon as PS "touches" your pics it leaves its own data which could undermine proving its a straight from game pic....

That said I did (and still do) believe your shot is a legit one :)

I don't know what photoshop adds to the EXIF data of the picture when you save it. The only thing I did in PS was rotation.

Just in case I'll post original picture to avoid any misunderstanding. :)
Check EXIF data and click view all sizes to see what I'm talking about.

Unfortunately, give me this error: "You don't have permission to view this photo." :(

This is why I say, "if you have any questions, please, send me a P.M." :indiff:

Edit: And as suspected, the photo is legit, so carry on. ;)👍

Last edited:
When i see:

-15 votes
- 5 votes

I was in this state:

yao-meme.png

And when i see:

- 22 votes
- 18 votes

I was in this state:

9dn8.jpg

lol

Anyway

Congrats ShaolinMasta (great photo!) and accept my apologies about of your photo, please! 👍

Thanks arsenal1992, bmxmitch, Brock5000, Crooooooow, driftinziggy, grrlpurple, GT-R, GTracer98, jus1029, KING OF SKULLS, nanabu, Nicknamealguem, rambo793, Raphaele, ShaolinMasta, sheferd, SlipZtrEm, ZEROX for the votes. :)👍

And congrats for ZEROX (so close!!! :scared::scared:), ijkhk4 and CCShaft7. 👍

Last edited:
Wow! :eek: That was a close call, Ky!

Well, I'm done here. ;) Thanks to those who voted for my entry! :cheers:

Thanks for all the votes for my shots this tournament, and congrats to all who made it through. BTW CCShaft congrats, and I had a similar shot that I was thinking of using haha:

Congratulations ijkhk4 :cheers: 70% 👍

awesome poll :eek: exceptional entries everyone!

(Felt homage to Le Mans 24 appropriate this round ;) proved risky however to shoot at a high exposure, but with the cars "in shade" below the Dunlop bridge (out of frame), this technique works in photomode without editing. It illustrates the subject with a "glow" and the background in "silhouette". :sly: Some of you already know this, if you did not, try it!)

Good luck to the four finalists :bowdown: anticipating a battle royale! :scared:

Last edited:
Thanks for all the votes for my shots this tournament, and congrats to all who made it through. BTW CCShaft congrats, and I had a similar shot that I was thinking of using haha:

Thanks to you too Mazda mate 👍, that was a tough theme ..for me at least :dunce:.
You made a brave choice going with the Mode 1 shot.....TBH I think mine was a bit of a cop-out because that track has terrible lighting :ill: and I played it safe with the B/W shot....definitely would have been interesting to see what happened if you went with your other shot :dopey:

Thanks to all those who voted 👍 and just hope I can carry on the momentum now :)

Thanks Aragam, arsenal1992, Badger-X-, Beeblebrox237, BlameAuntJemima, CCShaft7, chrishan, chromatic9, Fyshokid, GPR, GT HP Nut, hgrf93, ijkhk4, kaede, leeislee, mazda787, Nato_777, NBDESIGNZ, SCER, SMfan, youtimestwo, zambuca for the votes. :)👍

The people you mentioned all voted for Shaolinmasta, so I think you looked at the wrong list.
Quite a mistake there. ;)

Anyway, both of you created great shots, and it was a fantastic battle. 👍

The people you mentioned all voted for Shaolinmasta, so I think you looked at the wrong list.
Quite a mistake there. ;)

Anyway, both of you created great shots, and it was a fantastic battle. 👍

Damn! I'm drunk. :ouch::ouch:

Thanks GT HP Nut. :)

Back