can't kick this feeling
Staff Emeritus
Canada
Toronto
NewAesthetic
SlipZtrEm
fppmcheaderwk13.jpg

Further explanation of the theme, provided by woodski:

"It's race week here in the PMC - and we're following SuperGT. Take any GT300 or GT500 racer(s) to a real world track and capture their essence!"

CARS: SuperGT cars only!
LOCATIONS: Real World tracks only!
AUTOVISTA/HOMESPACES: No
CUSTOM LIVERIES: Replicas of actual SuperGT cars are allowed
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS: See above

fppmcheaderrules.jpg

Please, ensure you read and understand all requirements for this competition. Failure to follow
the rules may result in disqualification. If you have questions, send a PM to SlipZtrEm, Scaff, or Terronium-12.

• It is recommended you host your image on ImageShack, Photobucket, or Flickr.
  • Not sure how to post a thumbnail or preview image? Read this sticky!
  • Please use a clickable-preview to full-size, not a separate text link for it; it makes poll creation much easier!

• No post-FM4 editing, besides rotating and proportional resizing, is allowed.
    [*]In the case of Big Shots, you may resave in a more web-friendly file format
    (though you will want to hold onto the original for the week).
    [*]One entry per user. It must be your own work, and never previously used in a comp.
    [*]Do not ask other users to choose your entry.
    [*]Mark your FINAL ENTRY clearly, with red text. On H2H weeks, which side, as well.
    [*]You may change your entry once. Do it clearly; edit out your previous entry, and
    either post the new one in a new reply, or in place of the original.
    [*]When submitting, use either a thumbnail or a preview image, as a clickable link to the full-sizer.
    [*]Preview images can not exceed 500 pixels in either direction.
    [*]A preview image must be representative of the full-size image. Do not add effects to it.
    [*]Do not post "Honourable Mentions" or outtakes - just your Final Entry, that's all.
    [*]Winner gets to choose the following week's theme, as well as the Top 25. Every fourth
    week, the poll will be H2H style: entries must choose a "team", leading to two 12-picture,
    4-day polls. The winners from each faces off in a final 48 hour poll.
    [*]Winners cannot enter in their own theme!
    [*]The Host may ask for the original image and it must be submitted if so, by uploading to your storefront.
    For this reason, it's recommended to save the original image until week's ends.
Failure to follow these rules will result in ignored entries and/or disqualification!

fppmcheaderdeadline.jpg

[23.59 EST]

Competition News:

Sorry for the delay folks - I waited a bit longer than expected for the theme, and am out of town with no access to Photoshop or my templates, so that explains the temporary banner image. Woodski has said that race cars that have contested SuperGT at any point, but may not be to the proper specs in-game (The Z4 GT3, for example) are welcome to take part, though again, they must have a proper SuperGT replica livery.

Have at it!

it's the fact it's a street car and not a racecar.

👎 According to your rules (or at least what slip posted) "Woodski has said that race cars that have contested SuperGT at any point, but may not be to the proper specs in-game (The Z4 GT3, for example) are welcome to take part, though again, they must have a proper SuperGT replica livery." and it has the proper MOMO CORSE Livery that was run on the SW20 JGTC 300GT car. The wing I put on it, just looks better than the Forza one IMO.

Also;

Japanese Grand Touring Championship (now Super GT)

Team Taisan Jr. with Tsuchiya campaigned a Toyota MR2 powered by the factory 3S-GTE powerplant in the 1998 JGTC season. Keiichi Tsuchiya and Shingo Tachi drove five class victories in seven races, winning the teams' championship and tying for the drivers' championship.

For following year, Team Taisan Jr. moved to a Porsche chassis in GT300, while Momocorse Racing Team with Tsuchiya campaigned another Toyota MR2 and won both championships. Morio Nitta and Shin'ichi Takagi drove to one victory, two 2nd places, and one third place to secure the teams' championship, with Nitta winning the drivers' championship by just one point over the Nismo Silvia that was driven by Takeshi Tsuchiya and Yuji Ide. Momocorse Racing would move to the MR-S chassis for the 2000 season, marking the end of the SW20's participation in JGTC.

However, I will take another photo. I mean the wing is wrong anyways, so I might as well.

👎 According to your rules (or at least what slip posted) "Woodski has said that race cars that have contested SuperGT at any point, but may not be to the proper specs in-game (The Z4 GT3, for example) are welcome to take part, though again, they must have a proper SuperGT replica livery." and it has the proper MOMO CORSE Livery that was run on the SW20 JGTC 300GT car. The wing I put on it, just looks better than the Forza one IMO.

Also;

Japanese Grand Touring Championship (now Super GT)

Team Taisan Jr. with Tsuchiya campaigned a Toyota MR2 powered by the factory 3S-GTE powerplant in the 1998 JGTC season. Keiichi Tsuchiya and Shingo Tachi drove five class victories in seven races, winning the teams' championship and tying for the drivers' championship.

For following year, Team Taisan Jr. moved to a Porsche chassis in GT300, while Momocorse Racing Team with Tsuchiya campaigned another Toyota MR2 and won both championships. Morio Nitta and Shin'ichi Takagi drove to one victory, two 2nd places, and one third place to secure the teams' championship, with Nitta winning the drivers' championship by just one point over the Nismo Silvia that was driven by Takeshi Tsuchiya and Yuji Ide. Momocorse Racing would move to the MR-S chassis for the 2000 season, marking the end of the SW20's participation in JGTC.

However, I will take another photo. I mean the wing is wrong anyways, so I might as well.
I dont know why this story was needed but its clearly obvious why the car wasnt allowed. Im not going to go jump in a stock 350z and take shots of it with a paint just because it was used on a SuperGT car.

I dont know why this story was needed but its clearly obvious why the car wasnt allowed. Im not going to go jump in a stock 350z and take shots of it with a paint just because it was used on a SuperGT car.

I think I misunderstood the quote (of Slip) that I posted. I read it as ANY car that has been used in SuperGT even if it doesn't have the right specs. I guess he meant it as any car that has been used in SuperGT, but it has to be a race car in game. I wish someone would use the SW20 JGTC car. That thing was a beast, and won the national championship in GT3 both years it ran. Still my favorite GT car.

Anyways, new entry posted, apologies to Woodski for breaking the rules. I honestly thought he meant any car that has been run in SuperGT (JGTC), as long as it has the livery used on the car.

I think I misunderstood the quote (of Slip) that I posted. I read it as ANY car that has been used in SuperGT even if it doesn't have the right specs. I guess he meant it as any car that has been used in SuperGT, but it has to be a race car in game. I wish someone would use the SW20 JGTC car. That thing was a beast, and won the national championship in GT3 both years it ran. Still my favorite GT car.

Anyways, new entry posted.

I wish there was more variety all around with it to be honest. So many Z's so many NSX's, Supra's and what not. It was a simple mistake though.

Anyways, new entry posted, apologies to Woodski for breaking the rules. I honestly thought he meant any car that has been run in SuperGT (JGTC), as long as it has the livery used on the car.

that's why the rules said "any race car" not just "any car"

Looks alright from here 👍

Good to see some new faces!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back