• 9 comments

Nato_777

Moderately Super
Premium
New Zealand
Kaikoura, NZ
Nato777
t2adv_s01_r2_header.png

Second Round of the GT6 Photomode Tournament 2.0 Advanced Season 01. 8 are gone and 8 are left to battle it out for the final 4 positions.
Make sure you understand the theme requirements of your match.

Please remember all entries are to remain anonymous throughtout the tournament.

You can see each dashboard update by clicking on the 2.0 below.

[Click to raise dashboard]

t2adv_s01_rules_2.png

Please, ensure you read and understand all requirements for this competition. Failure to follow the rules may result in disqualification.
If you have questions, ask me via a Conversation.
This Thread will answer many possible questions you may have.
All entries must be submitted by Private Conversation to the host Nato_777. Please, fill in the following form:

Private Conversation Requirements:
Title: Photomode Tournament Final Entry;
Subject: Image in either thumbnail/preview with link to the full size, the full size image or just a link to the full size.

Entry Requirements:
  • It is recommended you host your image on GTPlanet, ImageShack, Photobucket or Flickr;
  • Flickr users must set their image to private. As entries are to be anonymous all entries must have the privacy turned on. Not sure how to send a private image, see here for instructions;
  • Your entry may consist of the image in either thumbnail/preview with a link to the full size, the full size image or just a link to the full size;
  • One entry per user. It must be your own work, and never previously used in a competition;
  • Do not use a photo that you have already posted elsewhere in the forums or post your photo shoot in your Gallery until after the Round and Poll has closed;
  • Do not ask other users to choose your entry;
  • Absolutely no hybrid, hacked cars, or cars obtained through such means;
  • Entries may not be changed after submitting;
  • All entries within the rules will go into poll;
  • The Host may ask for the original image and it must be submitted if so;
  • It's recommended to save the original image (preferably in-game) until week's ends;

t2adv_s01_editing2.png

What you may not do to a photo:
  • Alter the geometry of the car. No stickers, or body modifications not available in game.
  • Add shapes or objects from outside of GT6.
  • Add a signature, image titles or other typographic elements.
  • Add lens flares or "artistic" filters to image.
  • Remove items from shot (scenery, other cars), includes hiding background with a heavy vignette.
  • Use more than 1 image (HDR, photo-stitching, multi-exposure).
  • "Creative cropping". The main "image" must be four-sided, with 90-degree, upright corners.
  • Selective car colour changing: masking different parts to create racing stripes or similar.
What you may do to a photo:
  • Crop and/or resize an image.
  • Adjust the level or curve values.
  • Alter the colour tone of the image (gradient maps, photo filters, colour balance, etc).
  • Car body colour change (all stickers/design features must remain, see "Remove Items" rule).
  • Adjust brightness, contrast, exposure, shadow/highlights.
  • Enhance shadows or highlights (dodge and burn tools in Photoshop, for example).
  • Add noise and/or diffuse glow.
  • Add a post-game tilt-shift blur, or apply a motion blur to a stationary Photomode shot.
  • Make use of Layer Blend Modes.
  • Use a Sharpening filter and/or tool.
  • Remove or modify license plates - it must be hand-drawn, no importing real ones.
  • Remove the GT watermark.
  • Clean up or fix jaggies, texture pixelation, or colour separation.
  • Add a vignette effect.

T0120R2M1.png

Take a wide angle shot from behind the car, showing what's to come.
CARS: Any
LOCATIONS: Any
PHOTOTRAVEL: No
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS: See above

T0120R2M2.png

Take a shot of any car with a Z in it's name.
CARS: Any with Z
PHOTOTRAVEL: Yes
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS: Only cars with a z in the name, the z can be anywhere in the name (i.e Fairlady Z, Tommy K ZZ, Honda Z act, etc.,)

T0120R2M3.png

Capture a 'scary' moment in a Mid Engine Rear-wheel drive car.
CARS: Any MR (excluding Senna cars)
PHOTOTRAVEL: No
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS: See above

T0120R2M4.png

Take a picture with a black and a white car together.
CARS: Any
PHOTOTRAVEL: Yes
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS: One car must be black and the other white

View attachment 161797
09-06-2014

This could well be the end of the tournament for me coming up against GPR! :scared:
Though I suspect George may not be that comfortable with the theme - but to be honest, neither am I. This will be a tough one.

All the best George. 👍

Last edited:
Yeah, not an easy theme in my view. Well, not my forte.

And based on how tight the last round was for me, I'd say you're def in with a shot. After all you're a great photomoder with multiple wins to your name too. ;)

Bet of luck mate. :cheers:

Last edited:
Back