Club 500 Championship (ONE-OFF TASTER RACE TONIGHT 20.00GMT+1)

  • Thread starter Thread starter designate-19L
  • 22 comments
  • 1,697 views
Messages
383
Messages
oneninelima
(ONE-OFF RACE TONIGHT 4/4/11 20.00GMT+1)

The Inaugural
Club 500 Championship Series
(INTEREST CHECK/ENTRANT REGISTRY)

Road models, 550PP, sports soft tyres, no aids bar ABS.
Simple, affordable, high in variety, clean, close racing.
The old school spirit of GT.

Events to be held weekly, in the evenings (GMT+1).

Each race lasts around 1 hour, preceded by practice/qualifying. The venues:
1. Trial Mountain
2. Autodromo Nazionale Monza
3. High Speed Ring
4. Suzuka
5. Grand Valley Speedway
6. Deep Forest
7. Laguna Seca
8. Special Stage Route 5
9. Nürburgring GP
10. Cape Ring Periphery
11. Rome
12. Tokyo R246
13. Fuji GT
14. Circuit De La Sarthe
15. Nürburgring 24H

The points structure:
1st - 24
2nd - 20
3rd - 17
4th - 14
5th - 12
6th - 10
7th - 9
8th - 8
9th - 7
10th - 6
11th - 5
12th - 4
13th - 3
14th - 2
15th - 1
16th - 0

If this sounds up your street, please post your details, including PSN username and examples of likely cars. Tell us a bit about yourself, and about what you think of this idea.
​
 
Last edited:
Regarding any championship series, I am thinking it might be on a weekend basis or perhaps nightly, with ten rounds or more. Each race would consist of practice/qualifying, before a race which could be as long as half an hour, but more probably less. Perhaps as long as one set of soft tyres lasts. Perhaps two sets. Maybe we could have two heats, with the second heat's grid being the reverse of the results of the first. Let's talk about it.

Further details: No aids bar ABS. Free modifications (including aero).

I'll be holding public lobbies most nights, for fun and practice purposes. Look for CLUB 500.
 
500 seems to be the sweet spot :)

I am interested
 
Indeed, 500pp is the sweet spot as long as RM/RCs don't find their way into the room. I wouldn't be able to join you due to the time slot. I may start my own group for this that runs closer to 03:00GMT (10:00PM EST).
 
I'm interested. 500 does seem good, the RMs start to creep in about 550ish and ruin everyone's day.
 
Indeed I've had some brilliant races at 450PP, with really good variety of cars. But of course, 500 sounds better, and I think its the best compromise - the cars are meatier. Expect a good battle between an Elise and an XKR at 500.

At the moment I'm not sure whether to ban full race cars. Race mods I'm okay with, since aero mods are free. We'll see what we think after some test events.

Also, as long as you respect the spirit of the category, please feel free to create your own public lobbies with the title 'CLUB 500'.

I will create a lobby tonight at 1800 GMT.
 
I would like to join (EST) location

PSN: just_me_the_dude
 
first of all, thanks for the add on the PSN but how about the rules?
 
first of all, thanks for the add on the PSN but how about the rules?

Cool, basically, the rules are 500PP, sports soft tyres, regular road cars only. All performance modifications are free (including aerodynamics). No fully-fledged racing cars. Basically, this is for (in theory) road-legal cars only.
 
Any more updates mate?

Any more thought on dates + times?

Tracks of interest?

I am keen to get into a 500pp event. I reguarly host 500PP with sports soft at the ring in open lobby. To be honest, since the update with PP its been pretty dam clean for the most part.
 
Hi, i would be interested. I'll send friend request.
 
Okay, I've sent some FReqs. I've got a lobby open tonight for those interested.
 
Cool, well we had a very positive test session tonight, a few 10-15 min races, with some sweet, clean driving. Very close as well!

I'm thinking of holding a kind of mini-tournament next week, probably at the weekend. It'll be a multiple-heat-based event, with a number of 15-20 minute races, and points awarded for each. The winner gets a mystery prize. As usual, I'm on most evening during the week for fun races/practice.

Watch this space....!
 
I'm not a big fan of the 'ring. There is a lot of pushing and shoving to get to the front. I prefer shorter tracks that allow you to work on improving your times.
 
I'm not a big fan of the 'ring. There is a lot of pushing and shoving to get to the front. I prefer shorter tracks that allow you to work on improving your times.

Understandable. However, I wouldn't anticipate any problems with us, since I trust that we'll all be as clean as the few of us have been recently. It wouldn't be a short sprint race anyway, we'd all have to be patient over the course of the race - it'd be like racing anywhere else. True, though, it is annoying most of the time when at the start of a 'Ring race, it's utter carnage...

I am thinking of including the Nürburgring, however, but the other tracks will be very different. Each one will test in different ways...
 
I'm very interested, but im not keen on series so is this just occasional clean fun? How skilfull/serious are the competitors in it? (I'm not very good)
 
Last edited:
I'm very interested, but im not keen on series so is this just occasional clean fun? How skilfull/serious are the competitors in it? (I'm not very good)

The first rule of Club 500 is DO NOT TALK ABOUT CLU---beg pardon, HAVE FUN.

(The second rule of Club 500 is, yes, talk lots and lots about Club 500!)

First and foremost it's about fun. Hence the massive variety of cars that can participate to these regulations, the affordability, and the relative ease of soft sports tyres. It doesn't matter a jot how good or bad or serious you are, so long as you're capable of racing cleanly and respectfully.

Most of the time we would be having free runs interspersed with short races, with very occasional longer events. Series racing is purely optional of course.

FURTHER NOTE: WE WILL NOT NECESSARILY, EXCLUSIVELY, be racing just to 500PP SS all the time. If we so want, we can vary PP and tyres, eg. 400PP CS/SH (<<<MASSIVE fun), or 550PP...
 
Last edited:
It was a good race last time and I did have alot of FUN!!!
 
I am curious to join in the Club 500. Which tracks should we practice for next sessions?
 
Hey- I will join you all when available (EST) as 500PP range is my preference. I am carvan60 on PSN usually with my blue Miura or TVRs. Need to practice with sport softs, though.
 
Back