Clubman Club + // Watkins Glen 600 PP

Germany
Germany
helmi2398
Hello all,

I drove yesterday with the old Honda RA272. Three races no problems with good speed and no problems.

I don't know why, but this Ford Roadster is fast as hell and no way to keep him behind in the last two turns as he has a massive top speed.

So as I want to have a 1st place here, can you please help winning this race?

I am not good with tuning so I hope somebody can tell me a car choice wirh setup to win it easily.

Thank you in advance and keep playing GT7!

Chris

I used a GT-R ... very comfy, too.
Make sure to be really quick through the chicane as you can gain a lot of time there.

Ah, and by the way ...
I don't know why, but this Ford Roadster is fast as hell ...
It's got a Voodoo-5.2L-GT350R engine under the hood, that's why. :D

Thanks for the Clio V6 tip,all. Finally went from my lowly 7th some weeks ago to 2nd with the Clio. That darn roadster just left us in it's dust the last two laps. I just didn't have enough oommpphh to beat it in the straights. All good.

I denounce all races with sports tire restrictions. ;) Ridiculous having cars 550-600hp (or more in some cases) with sports tires and a gamepad. If I'm using a wheel, I can smash it out of the park, but there's not enough control from a gamepad so it's a constant drain in every way trying to find and/or tweak a car to get 1st place. Usually an Impreza is good enough, but even that isn't enough it seems for this race. Everyone just pulls away so hard even when you do catch them up in the corners. Scam. :P

My best car in this race so far is an R33 Skyline GT-R with Medium RPM turbochargers, "Header" (manifold), Air Filter and ECU. It's just a squeak under 600PP at ~589HP and I'm 6th place.

Note: The R33 is one of the only cars in my garage that aren't too slow, too high PP, too highly modified or have to be purchased with valuable credits. :)

Last edited:
Ridiculous having cars 550-600hp (or more in some cases) with sports tires ..
Why restrict yourself to cars with power in that range then?
211kW = 283HP
1713794347454.png

Last edited:
Doesn't

Doesn't the Ford Roadster blow your doors off?
As you can see on the screenshot the answer to that is "no".
Topspeed cars are usually not the fastest AI (to my experience), they are more a shocking gimmick to show options.
But as these cars are all of the same PP, they arent necessarily the ones with the highest chances of winning.
You are making sacrifices to gain power, but a race car needs to be balanced when it has rules that provide a general limitation (sport soft tyres, PP600 = weight+power+traction)

Also not all cars are equally well suited for a certian PP limit, and some require much more fine tuning to make them good while others simply are good out of the brand cental (mostly those that are around the limit of the PP)

For example Audi R8 (which is close to the limit and doesnt require many changes):
with a power setup 640HP
1713860781200.png

with a low power setup 386HP (this one is better to drive and faster on the track)
1713860913470.png

(me being a gamepad player)

Last edited:
I denounce all races with sports tire restrictions. ;) Ridiculous having cars 550-600hp (or more in some cases) with sports tires and a gamepad. If I'm using a wheel, I can smash it out of the park, but there's not enough control from a gamepad so it's a constant drain in every way trying to find and/or tweak a car to get 1st place. Usually an Impreza is good enough, but even that isn't enough it seems for this race. Everyone just pulls away so hard even when you do catch them up in the corners. Scam. :P
Sports tyres and a game pad are no issue for these races.
You need to just have more experience with a game pad.
Doing sport mode with a fast ghost helps a lot, I did this and only an A/S rated driver while being able to get Gold/First on all of the missions, licenses and races.

I find myself in more difficulty with the clubman 700 at Fuji as I don't seem to have found the roght choice.
I tried with a 4C with the 458 Italia swap on racing hard.
The Avantador Super Veloce with racing hard.

Well I can't find an efficient combo of car, relatively stock, on racing hard to get a convenient 1st place.
The amuse is not fast enough on the straight.

As for watkins, it is more a question of getting momentum when you get ahead on the main straight after T1 while avoiding oponments.

In Fuji, I still have not an efficient car allowing a pace that could rexard me with clean race and P1.

I acknowledge that I don't use Nitro maybe that is why ?

Nice race. I like CCplus series so much 😊 🏎️
Alpine A220 is amazing car for 600pp and also WTC700 events. Here just change tyres to SS and lower ECU and Power Restrictor to 600pp
Max. Power 245 BHP, and what a ride with VR2 :D

IMG_0226.jpeg

IMG_0225.jpeg

Last edited:
In Fuji, I still have not an efficient car allowing a pace that could rexard me with clean race and P1.
No nitro needed, and from a standing start 4WD cars obviously have an advantage.
Same car as above, but with more power as higher PP limit.
1713879200464.png

Or easier to drive, because Ford Focus R(ock)S
1713879246645.png

Well I can't find an efficient combo of car, relatively stock, on racing hard to get a convenient 1st place.
The amuse is not fast enough on the straight.
I would suggest trying racing soft tires. Low down force cars at Fuji, grip is a higher priority than power. Some of my favorites are the two Group B road cars, stock or swapped on RS, or for RH tires, all of the old Group C cars. The R92 and 787B are my favorites but any of them are easy winners.

No nitro needed, and from a standing start 4WD cars obviously have an advantage.
Same car as above, but with more power as higher PP limit.
View attachment 1349446

Or easier to drive, because Ford Focus R(ock)S
View attachment 1349447
Well well well here we are in terms of differences.
With the Aventador 750 SV stock
Racing hard and 99% (~700pp)
I do purple around 1:40 and total race time the 1st with the R32 Nismo clocks at 8:28.7 (1.2 second ahead of me).
Again with the AFLA 4C (swaped) priano tune (I think) racing hard
I do purple around 1:41
Total race time for the Corvette ZR1 (C4) is 8:35.359 and me + 00.334 (damn;t😅).
The opponement is purple at 1:40 and I play normal difficulty but same happened in the difficult setting last time I tried it.

You have both cars and pilot perks that gets you 5 laps at 8:17.X with a 8 or 10 second gaps.

The start is only an issue regarding clean race bonus as I usually get a good launch that gets me in the leading cars.
Will try one more with a swaped TT using the R8 engine.

Last edited:
As you can see on the screenshot the answer to that is "no".
Topspeed cars are usually not the fastest AI (to my experience), they are more a shocking gimmick to show options.
But as these cars are all of the same PP, they arent necessarily the ones with the highest chances of winning.
You are making sacrifices to gain power, but a race car needs to be balanced when it has rules that provide a general limitation (sport soft tyres, PP600 = weight+power+traction)

Also not all cars are equally well suited for a certian PP limit, and some require much more fine tuning to make them good while others simply are good out of the brand cental (mostly those that are around the limit of the PP)

For example Audi R8 (which is close to the limit and doesnt require many changes):
with a power setup 640HP
View attachment 1349379

with a low power setup 386HP (this one is better to drive and faster on the track)
View attachment 1349380

(me being a gamepad player)
I've tried many different combinations of acceleration, speed, handling, stock.. But I'm actually into 2nd place now with the R33 I mentioned before. If the AI would stop slamming into me, it would go a long way.. haha. A lot of nerve telling players to be sportsmanlike during online play while the AI is broadsiding me and "pitting" me when I clearly have the line. lol.

A little more discipline and I will probably beat it.

Last edited:
I used my trusty BMW VGT tuned to max out 600PP and it stomped this event. You need to make sure you get a flat out run through the corners and don't get held up by too much traffic, but it's definitely an easy win here. I think I had it on RH tyres, off top of my head.

I used my trusty BMW VGT tuned to max out 600PP and it stomped this event. You need to make sure you get a flat out run through the corners and don't get held up by too much traffic, but it's definitely an easy win here. I think I had it on RH tyres, off top of my head.
Yeah, I just beat it now. I had to give up so many opportunities knowing the AI would fudge me over to keep it straight and tidy to the apex on every turn and once I got in front I was okay.

Mmm 700,000 credits to earn 70,000. lol. At least it's done. I'm never doing this race again. :lol:

Mmm 700,000 credits to earn 70,000. lol. At least it's done. I'm never doing this race again. :lol:
Don't give up on the chile pepper races, especially Watkins Glen and Fuji. They're fun, challenging and small time commitment races, 8 minutes for 70k, with a great variety of potential winners. There are 100+ cars that can win Watkins Glen and are fun to find!

Don't give up on the chile pepper races, especially Watkins Glen and Fuji. They're fun, challenging and small time commitment races, 8 minutes for 70k, with a great variety of potential winners. There are 100+ cars that can win Watkins Glen and are fun to find!
There are other races I can spank for 90,000-110,000 credits in roughly the same amount of time though. I oftentimes use a F12 Berlinetta with stock suspension in Ferrari races just to drift around and still win higher stakes.

There's run to win to get 1st place and then there's credit-earners, and I won't be racing "sports tyre" restricted races for credits. I think all these sports tires are Goodyear Eagle Sports. lol. Not great rubber. My car came with them and I'm looking forward to replacing them with Nitto NT555 G2s. :lol:

Latest Posts

Back