Clubsport Pedals clutch vs. G27 clutch on GT5

  • Thread starter Thread starter squirlybmx
  • 18 comments
  • 3,876 views
Messages
1,194
United States
New York
Messages
XSVterror16
Messages
xsvterror16
Now that the G27 is fully supported on GT5, would the clutch act differently than that of the Fanatec Clubsport Pedals. I'm a huge Porsche fan and would just in general due to overall design, like to have the GT3RS wheel over the G27 but I want 100% clutch control. I've heard that the Clubsport clutch doesn't always register and doesn't even need to be used where as the G27 clutch has to be depressed in any situation where a real car's clutch would need to be depressed. Also, how do the Fanatec 6spd shifters compare to the 6spd G27 shifter? I'm no so much worried about the feedback from the shifter as I am worried about how they mount. I want to "ghetto" hard mount it next to my seat. Basically, I need it to screw into a piece of wood that will be screwed into the side of a drawer that's next to my wheel and tv.

Any insight from Fanatec wheel owners would be greatly appreciated.
 
Last edited:
Well I own a g27 and the clutch works fine in gt5, however it doesn't feel like a real clutch, it is the same resistance all the way down, whereas in RL the resistance drops off, however you can buy a new spring for it to make it feel like a real clutch, but you void your warranty.
Personally never heard of not needing to press the clutch down with the csp, but I've never tried them.
 
- CSP clutch needs to fully depressed in order to shift
- CSP clutch has great, almost real-life-like resistance
- And no, CSP can't ever be compared to G27/25's pedals, they're in a different league

So, shifters:
- Fanatec has better resistance but has a very plastic feel
- Fanatec's mounting point is a real pain in the arse, click on my sig to see how I mounted it

Fanatec wheels work great with H shifter and I never had any problems.
 
Yeah the g27 shifter doesn't have that much resistance but it has a clamp you you can put it anywhere, as well as hard mount points. It's also waaay quieter than the fanatec shifters.
 
G27 clutch does not work on gt5 as a real clutch. It simply acts like a button, on or off, no travel. It works fine on every pc game ive tried though :).
 
Energizerrr
- CSP clutch needs to fully depressed in order to shift
- CSP clutch has great, almost real-life-like resistance
- And no, CSP can't ever be compared to G27/25's pedals, they're in a different league

So, shifters:
- Fanatec has better resistance but has a very plastic feel
- Fanatec's mounting point is a real pain in the arse, click on my sig to see how I mounted it

Fanatec wheels work great with H shifter and I never had any problems.

I'm on my phone so I can't check your sig to see how you mounted it. If it ends up being a way that I would be unable to do due to where my wheel is and what I have available to mount it to, I'm vry crafty and will probably figure something out.

You just closed the deal on my g27 vs gtr3s battle. Thanks!
 
I'm on my phone so I can't check your sig to see how you mounted it. If it ends up being a way that I would be unable to do due to where my wheel is and what I have available to mount it to, I'm vry crafty and will probably figure something out.

You just closed the deal on my g27 vs gtr3s battle. Thanks!

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=225029

Linked.
But it takes some real craftsmanship to do that what I got, but if you're familiar with the anglegrinder you'll do it.
 
GT5 clutch is digital unfortunately.
Either on or off. Very much like a button.

Works the same on CSP as on G27.
Tuning kit can improve your clutch feel on the CSP. Practically though the software works exactly the same.
 
GT5 clutch is digital unfortunately.
Either on or off. Very much like a button.

Works the same on CSP as on G27.
Tuning kit can improve your clutch feel on the CSP. Practically though the software works exactly the same.

There is some slip on GT5, it's not real life but the slip is there.
So it's not just on/off.
 
Energizerrr
There is some slip on GT5, it's not real life but the slip is there.
So it's not just on/off.

I do agree.
I did some testing after 2.0 with clutch. Mainly for seeing if it needed to be off the throttle all the way withou getting bumped into N. There is def.slip. not much, but its there.
 
There was a bit of slip in GT5P too but I guess it might as well be on or off. We did some tests way back in 2007 on this forum.

Last time I used the Logitech wheel in GT5 or GT5P the Fanatec and Logitech wheels/clutch work exactly the same. The support for G25/G27 in 2.0 is just an official graphic menu that's been missing since 2007.
 
Energizerrr
There is some slip on GT5, it's not real life but the slip is there.
So it's not just on/off.

So it's possible to hold the car on a slope now?

I haven't played the updated version, I'm not aware. Will try it out someday.
 
Spagetti69
So it's possible to hold the car on a slope now?

I haven't played the updated version, I'm not aware. Will try it out someday.

Thats the middle pedal dummy ;)

Not sure if its enough to hold on a hill, but it is present.
 
I wondered what the middle pedal did.
 
Who needs brakes they only slow you down. :)
 
So it's possible to hold the car on a slope now?

I haven't played the updated version, I'm not aware. Will try it out someday.

I don't think it's possible unless PD fixed that "driving on ice" physics bug.
At very low speeds the wheels just slide, you can experience this the most if you do a standing start on Daytona in a NASCAR.
As if cars at speeds of 1/3km/h while on throttle don't have grip at all.

Don't know if 2.0 fixed this, hadn't tested.
 
fatkrakr
Who needs brakes they only slow you down. :)

Because sometimes the road isn't as straight as you want it to be.
 
LogiForce
Because sometimes the road isn't as straight as you want it to be.

Then you make it straight.
 
Back