Clubsport Shifter?????

My rig is almost complete, I have a Playseat Evolution, the GT3RS v2, the CSPs, a Buttkicker, a nice 50" plasma, and a great soundsystem....and a Fanatec 6+1 plastic crappy shifter that is now missing 3rd and 4th half of the time :(

When are we getting the CSS? It almost seems to have been forgotten in all the commotion surrounding the recent wheel releases...I haven't heard anything new in something like 3 months...last I heard was Q4 of this year, which is almost over...

Can anyone (Thomas :)) chime in and give us an update? It looked awesome in the preview, every recent bit of Fanatec newsmakes me a sad panda because it's not about the CSS.

CSS won't see the light of day until 2012. The CSS got put on the backburner after Turn 10 approached Fanatec to do the Forza branded CSR and CSR Elite wheels. From my understanding Fanatec dropped everything they were doing at the time to put all their efforts into getting those products and the CSW ready.

I know a lot of people are chomping at the bit to get a CSS and I'm sure it will be worth the wait when it finally arrives but the fact is a shifter is always going to take a backseat to demand for a wheel which is why Fanatec dropped it when the Turn 10 project came up.

yes, but to be fair, that probably added a lot more core value to their product lineup adding that CSR over a clubsport shifter would have alone, I think it was probably the best thing for fanatec and turn10 could have done.

yes, but to be fair, that probably added a lot more core value to their product lineup adding that CSR over a clubsport shifter would have alone, I think it was probably the best thing for fanatec and turn10 could have done.

I see what you're saying, but at the same time, they have a lot of good wheels, but no good shifter yet. Big hole. I do understand the need to drop everything and go for the forza release though...that's a big deal.

I have heard that people can "trade in" their standard pedals towards a set of clubsports when they break...any chance that I can do that towards the new csr shifters? My 6+1 is on the fritz, and no amount of calibration is bringing it back.

i've gone TH8RS+interface board

still wish the CSS would come out though :(

As do I and to be honest, I'm all set. The TH8 is so pretty and matches my VR3 so perfectly I'm not going to bother. I have the tension dialed in perfectly and my Sparco knob will be here end of week. Done with this particular part of the rig.

I hope Thomas is working on something equal to TH8RS and maybe even better than than.
Knowing him I assume he is a perfectionist and this is a good thing but only if this doesn't affect the deadlines similar to PD and KY :)

quakefiend420
I have heard that people can "trade in" their standard pedals towards a set of clubsports when they break...any chance that I can do that towards the new csr shifters? My 6+1 is on the fritz, and no amount of calibration is bringing it back.

I doubt that. CSP is expensive. If it was true fanatic would all do that.

The Shifter will be sold by April 1st

In all seriousness I think we will see more on the Shifter by March.
Give the man a break, I have faith the CSS will be better than the RH8.

Waited this long, dont mind waiting a bit more.

My crystal ball says we will see more of the shifter in the near future.

Thomas deserves a nice break, and there is a substitution at the moment - CSR Shifter Set but I personally wait for CSS and don't mind waiting a bit longer for it.

However, as i said before, it shouldn't take too long as there will be no point in it even if it will be better than RH8 which is already released and is very nice.

Some people are pretty demanding here. lol

I don't think the CSS will be here in May, since the CSW gets attention now to work towards a release of which the electronics are completely reworked. Plus the complete design of the CSS has been reworked to exceed the markets demand (read to exceed the TH8 RS?). All this needs testing and tweaking and lots of attention first, so I doubt May will be a reasonable deadline.

LogiForce
Some people are pretty demanding here. lol

I don't think the CSS will be here in May, since the CSW gets attention now to work towards a release of which the electronics are completely reworked. Plus the complete design of the CSS has been reworked to exceed the markets demand (read to exceed the TH8 RS?). All this needs testing and tweaking and lots of attention first, so I doubt May will be a reasonable deadline.

When did you hear about complete redesign?
When i asked thomas he stated the only deaign changes was adding a 7th drive gear.

Caz
When did you hear about complete redesign?
When i asked thomas he stated the only deaign changes was adding a 7th drive gear.

Thomas his blog. Read his new years post. ;)
Ah... i'll just quote it. Seems he called it a revision, not redesign. My bad, but I've got more on my mind at the moment with grandparents not being well. One is in a home for elderly that need extra care. Got there after get bruises all over his body and then a high fever on top. The other is losing her memory and getting aggressive.

Thank you for a fantastic year 2011

Submitted by Thomas on Sat, 12/31/2011 - 19:24.
It is time to thank all of you for a fantastic year 2011.

THANK YOU

It was the best year in the history of Endor in many respects.

Our product palette is stronger and better than ever. We have successfully launched the new CSR product line and we even kept ourpromised deadlines (surprise!).

The quality of the products has improved significantly and we also got a lot of good feedback about improvements on our service.

The CSR ELite is new milestone in the simracing market and fits perfectly not only to the great Forza Motorsport 4 which was launched this year.

Our customer and fanbase is stronger than ever and the brand Fanatec is now well established as premium supplier for simracing equipment.

A lot of our early customers were standing with us although they were suffering the negative impacts of our fast growth. For all those who supported us and are still with us, I would like to express a special thanks.

Last but not least I would like to thank everybody who helped us to make all this happen. My fanatstic team around the globe (special regards to Simi Valley), all beta and community testers and also all suppliers, business partners and investors. It takes a lot to get things done and everybody plays an important role.

Despite all the achiements we made this year there is still a lot of work to be done and we still need to deliver some things we actually wanted to have done this year:

Webshop distribution in Japan and Australia
The new Fanatec website
ClubSport Wheel
ClubSport shifter
ClubSport Handbrake
(Edit:) Alternative CSR E wheel rims
While the ClubSport Handbrake is almost done we have made some major changes on the CSW electronics which require new testing procedures. The CSS has undergone a major revision as well to exceed todays market requirements.

So the remaining goals for 2011 are the main targets for 2012. Of course we also plan some more surprises but step by step, please.

I am looking forward to a great year 2012 with all of you and I am looking forward to some very exciting things to come.

Simracing is certainly not essential for survival and sometimes we should keep that in mind if things get emotional in forums.

It is a luxury that we are lucky enough that we can afford to spend our time with this. We all do it for fun and pleasure and I am thankful that we have the privilege to do this.

Happy new year!

All the best,

Thomas

Haha word.
Been a long weekend. Worked a double ( including overnight) thursday. My bday :(. Had people over friday till sunup. Woke at noon sat. To find out had to work twelve hour overnight (8-8 nye) then at noon sunday got a pocket call from my dad after 3 hours sleep.........
Looooong weekend. Totally missed that post ;)
Thanks for quoting.

Edit: sorry to hear of family ailments. I know exactly how you feel.

I hope Thomas is working on something equal to TH8RS and maybe even better than than.
Knowing him I assume he is a perfectionist and this is a good thing but only if this doesn't affect the deadlines similar to PD and KY :)

I like the idea of "exceeding all current requirements". Sounds like a solid plan.

I really loved how my family and i got a chance to get together and play with the csr elite that arrived just in time for christmas, what fun we all had! everyone was amazed at how much fun they "didnt know they could have with a video game". thomas made my christmas special and now he made my new year too! bring on 2012 i'l promise to try and be patient but i have a css and alternate wheel in store for me so it will be hard, good thing i have a new toy to keep me busy!

I doubt that. CSP is expensive. If it was true fanatic would all do that.

On the iRacing forums people have tried ordering the CSP tuning kit from Fanatec and report that Fanatec is not making them anymore. This leaves me to speculate if they are stopping production on the CSP all together.

On the iRacing forums people have tried ordering the CSP tuning kit from Fanatec and report that Fanatec is not making them anymore. This leaves me to speculate if they are stopping production on the CSP all together.

There is a CSP version 2. There is a Japanese forum with a pic of it, it's brilliant and has the clutch mod and brake mods already installed. It will definitely be a great set of pedals. I'm trying to find the forum, I found it by mistake over the holidays.

There is a CSP version 2. There is a Japanese forum with a pic of it, it's brilliant and has the clutch mod and brake mods already installed. It will definitely be a great set of pedals. I'm trying to find the forum, I found it by mistake over the holidays.

If you mean the same thing I do, they weren't CSP V2, but modifications made for CSP by some crazy japanese guy, who have also made handbrake using CSP parts and also other things.

I know about those videos. I'm talking about a CSP version 2 which came back to the Japanese guy in official Fanatec boxes. I guess he is somewhat R&D guy. I'm trying to find the forum, the think is a work of art. The brake pedals awesome. Has a load cell and ARC type spring as well.

And I wouldn't cost him crazy, the dude is brilliant.

Not to argue but the past "Pedal Kit" is not really needed now.

Fanatec updated the CSP sometime ago changing the plastic parts...
New metal ones were in the CSP Kit. So you were basically paying again for something you had if you purchased the updated CSP. As for springs, err most even softer ones people didnt use and a spare pedal plate.

Additionally I personally looked at modding the CSR Elite pedals during their comparison using CSP or tuning kit parts.

One example: CSR Elite Brake with CSP Brake Spring

Somebody stated on the 911 blog you cannot use the CSP tuning kit on the CSR Elite pedals.
I guess they never tried actually having a go. However no reviews Ive read even considered this or mentioned the possibility of "user tweaking".

If anything Fanatec could do a new updated pedal kit. The old one being stopped could have no bearing at all that a new CSP2 is due soon. A new kit, one that can benefit CSR Elite pedal owners and CSP owners would be a nice upsell for Fanatec and owners of the products. That doesnt mean they will but Id say their is a market for a new £25/$25 tuning kit that accomodates both sets of pedals and gives some more stiffer not softer spring options.

However all this has nothing to do with the shifter... :)

Last edited:
I would love to hear even a guess at when Fanatec will release this shifter. I'm wanting to upgrade and don't think I can wait another year for it. You would think it would be their best selling item. Anyone who bought any of their wheels would almost certainly buy this shifter. I really can't figure out why it's not priority number 1. I'm really tempted to go ahead and get the TH8 or whatever it's called and give it a try. Anything would be better then the shifters that come with Fanatec's wheels. At first they seemed alright, but now I just use the paddle shifters for all the cars, because the shifters are just to weird after i started driving are standard transmission car again.

Yeah those are the clubsport 2s I was talking about. Load cell brake with a piston for feeling. also the racing clutch mod already installed. Also in that thread it shows that the unit came to this guy boxed in an official Fanatec box, so this guy is probably an R&D guy.

Back