Clutch doesn't work?

• Thread starter Ken Nitr0
  • 8 comments

Ken Nitr0

Wrom wrom
Premium
KenNitro
Just got Prologue so I at least have something to play on this new PS3 I got for GT5 he.

I put everything on manual, pro physics, every assist off but I can change gears without using the clutch, the game even heel/toes for me to rev match. I also can't find reverse, theres a button on my wheel that reverses but it's awkward to hold down a button while turning the wheel.

What do I need to do to make the clutch work so I can change gears and rev match heel/toe and other stuff like clutch drop/kick myself?

I looked in the controller options but my wheel (Fanatec with clubsport pedals) is not listed so I don't know if that's the reason.

Thanks.

Just got Prologue so I at least have something to play on this new PS3 I got for GT5 he.

I put everything on manual, pro physics, every assist off but I can change gears without using the clutch, the game even heel/toes for me to rev match. I also can't find reverse, theres a button on my wheel that reverses but it's awkward to hold down a button while turning the wheel.

What do I need to do to make the clutch work so I can change gears and rev match heel/toe and other stuff like clutch drop/kick myself?

I looked in the controller options but my wheel (Fanatec with clubsport pedals) is not listed so I don't know if that's the reason.

Thanks.

Press Triangle after you see the "START" across the screen :)

I tried to press triangle after I get the start message and it doesn't seem to do anything.

I can hit the clutch while the throttle is down when driving and the engine doesn't rev up, and I can still just switch gears without using the clutch, the game also still rev matches for me.

Is there anything else I need to do? Maybe the game thinks the wheel is one without a clutch, there's a lot of wheel options but none for Fanatec Turbo S/Clubsport.

Not much of a driving sim without clutch/heel/toe etc..

You may just want to do a quick search and see if your wheel fully works with prologue. But assuming it does, the other thing that could be causing the clutch to not work is if you have the buttons remapped. The triangle button is normally mapped to "reverse", if you have "reverse" mapped to some other button, then that is what you will need to press to switch between clutch and non clutch mode.

I dont think it is a fully functional clutch in GT5P, like finding the biting point etc

I don't have the buttons remapped, I've used the reverse button to well, reverse after going off a couple times, so I know it's mapped to the button I press.

I've tried with a lot of different cars by now and it just doesn't seem to work. I'm not 100% the wheel is supported by GT5P, mine was the limited edition Turbo S Ultimate and it was only made in 1000 copies so the page on the Fanatec site that listed the compatible games is not there anymore.

I know it's 100% supported by the PS3, but not sure if GT5P itself supports it.

Back