clutch support with g25 racing wheel issues

  • Thread starter Thread starter brently300
  • 12 comments
  • 5,446 views
Messages
44
Messages
kensveton
PD needs to come up with a clutch support "settings" menu for the g25 steering wheel by logitech. Like they do for all the other steering wheels, that nobody has anyway. Its still by far the best wheel out there but its not without glitches. Like when the shifter is in H pattern mode the paddle shifters still work. Why is that? If i hit them on accident in the middle of a turn, my gear changes, the engine bogs down and I slow down. And if I was trying to ride a slide through the turns, then now i have traction in the middle of a counter-steer and the car suddenly changes direction, resulting in either a crash or major loss of speed and possibly loss of the race.
Also i want to know why I cant shift while my tires ar spinning. What if I'm drifting and I want to shift into second gear in the middle of a widening turn? I have to stop my slide, throw it in second, then kick the clutch and kick the rear back out to start the drift again, and by that time the turn is over and the drift looked like a$$. Or if im just messing around and i want to burn out through all of my gears... I cant.. because I have to wait untill the tires get traction again before I shift into the next gear. witch again boggs the engine down and then there isnt enough power in the next gear to start spinning the tires again.
And why do i all of a sudden have traction control when I have all 4 wheels on the grass? Why cant i just punch it in the grass and roast 'em in 6th gear with a 900hp car on comfort hard tires?

Polyphony Digital PLEASE FIX THIS GLITCH!!!!!!
 
Last edited:
PD needs to come up with a clutch support "settings" menu for the g25 steering wheel by logitech.
PD doesn't officially support the G25 or the G27 at all as they are designed to be PC wheels. They only work because the game sees them as DFP/DFGT and neither of those has a clutch.

So, it's not a glitch.
 
I have g27 and have little or no issues . That was hard to read for some reason. Maybe just stick with auto ;)
 
g25 clutch works fine... used to have to press a button on the shifter in gt5 prologue to activate it but not anymore... it's slightly anal about quick shifting, but you can shift while skidding.
 
g25 clutch works fine... used to have to press a button on the shifter in gt5 prologue to activate it but not anymore... it's slightly anal about quick shifting, but you can shift while skidding.

You are wrong, the OP is correct. There is a huge problem with the G25/G27 H-pattern shifter and clutch and mis-shifts when wheels are spinning and/or random mis-shifts into N.

To OP-
We'll see what happens when the T500's H shifter comes out. We'll see if the "no shifting when wheels spinning" problem is still there when that wheel/shifter combo is used.

If there's a patch for GT5 when that shifter comes out and then the problem is mysteriously gone and fixed for the G25, we'll know it's a bug in GT5 all along.

My guess is that they'll fix the problem for the T500, and make sure the problem stays for the G25/G27 just to be jerks about it like they have been the whole time regarding G25/G27 wheel issues. $$ is king and Logitech didn't pay up so we suffer the consequences.
 
BWX
You are wrong, the OP is correct. There is a huge problem with the G25/G27 H-pattern shifter and clutch and mis-shifts when wheels are spinning and/or random mis-shifts into N.

To OP-
We'll see what happens when the T500's H shifter comes out. We'll see if the "no shifting when wheels spinning" problem is still there when that wheel/shifter combo is used.

If there's a patch for GT5 when that shifter comes out and then the problem is mysteriously gone and fixed for the G25, we'll know it's a bug in GT5 all along.

My guess is that they'll fix the problem for the T500, and make sure the problem stays for the G25/G27 just to be jerks about it like they have been the whole time regarding G25/G27 wheel issues. $$ is king and Logitech didn't pay up so we suffer the consequences.

Sorry but, no. Had a g25 for more than 5 years. Been changing gears on it since prologue/release. There is a delay for which you must wait before re-engaging the clutch that if you perfect, works.
 
Seems people have mixed views on clutch for G25/G27.

Ive used the G27 once or twice, I missed gears and wondered with more practice, if I would improve the frequency of my miss shifts.

Im also thinking about buying one but I hate the lack of support for this nice wheel.

PD really dont care about its fans, the way I see it, people have bought this wheel awaiting GT5 and GT5 release, Logitech has made enough sales to not worry about paying for the support in the game. Im leaning towards Logitech screwing us... could also be PD not wanting competition against its wheel.

Whats the truth.
 
If the paddle thing is really that much of a problem, you can go to the settings for the Driving Force Pro and re-assign the paddles to something else (I changed them to E-brake and look back). The game treats the G25 like a DFP for some reason.
 
If the paddle thing is really that much of a problem, you can go to the settings for the Driving Force Pro and re-assign the paddles to something else (I changed them to E-brake and look back). The game treats the G25 like a DFP for some reason.

ya but then when you want to use them in a car like the 2011 GTR you have to change them back. thats lame.
 
Sorry but, no. Had a g25 for more than 5 years. Been changing gears on it since prologue/release. There is a delay for which you must wait before re-engaging the clutch that if you perfect, works.

the "delay for which you must wait before re-engaging the clutch" is how ever long it takes for the wheels to stop spinning. because i can shift with the quickness when the tires have grip.

plus it worked fine in prologue. its only the full game that has the problem.


and for Logitech PAY UP B!+(#ES. we bought your damn wheel. now pay for the support.
 
Last edited:
BWX
random mis-shifts into N.

When does that happen to you? My shifter has some wear and tear apparently and sometimes when in 5th gear the potentiometer will mess up and decide it should be in 3rd at that fraction of a second. The game sees it as you trying to shift to third without the clutch, a "mis-shift", so you go to neutral.

Rarely happens to me in fourth and just as often in sixth as fifth. I tend to use the paddle to shift above 4th if I need to be absolutely sure it stays in gear.
 
When does that happen to you? My shifter has some wear and tear apparently and sometimes when in 5th gear the potentiometer will mess up and decide it should be in 3rd at that fraction of a second. The game sees it as you trying to shift to third without the clutch, a "mis-shift", so you go to neutral.

Rarely happens to me in fourth and just as often in sixth as fifth. I tend to use the paddle to shift above 4th if I need to be absolutely sure it stays in gear.

My shifter works fine, I was talking about the times when you shift normally and correctly w/o wheels spinning and sometimes it goes into N. It's usually from second to third, I've heard many people talk about it. That's separate from the ''spinning wheels-no shift'' bug though.
 
Eric.
When does that happen to you? My shifter has some wear and tear apparently and sometimes when in 5th gear the potentiometer will mess up and decide it should be in 3rd at that fraction of a second. The game sees it as you trying to shift to third without the clutch, a "mis-shift", so you go to neutral.

Rarely happens to me in fourth and just as often in sixth as fifth. I tend to use the paddle to shift above 4th if I need to be absolutely sure it stays in gear.

No variable resistor is the shifter, it's microswitches.

Sometimes a quickshift bypasses the neutral switch and even tho it hits the next gear switch gt5 doesn't like it.
 
Last edited:
Back