Cockpit camera

FastFurious77

Premium
England
England
Ok so I posted this before but it is really annoying. Please please please can you PD adjust the directional rotating camera so that in a down press it does not activate the rear view camera. Rear view camera is already a separate camera on the L1 button.

To add to that it would be nice to be able to have higher degrees of field of view so you can look all around the car or down at the doors and dashboard. Currently when doing this the annoying rear view camera activates when you push the right stick to look down.

And no you can not re program the directional camera. You can't disable the rear view camera as it's built in to the rotating camera. Please change this it does my head in.

+1 for FOV and more cockpit camera adjuatments.
I would like to be able to lock in the camera angle that is capable with moving the right analog stick to look around with. I would rather see more of the wheel and tach more than the sun visors and the roof.

This new feature could be achieved through clicking the R3 analog stick once the preferred angle is setup with the right analog stick.

Furthermore bring back the 360° rotateable camera in chase view. They removed it for what ever reason when it was in the closed beta before.

and at topic fully agree L1 to look back is enough, I also be annoyed always when I want to look around cockpit and end up in the rear view while trying to look down.

My biggest issue with cockpit cam (which I use all the time) is with RHD cars the rear view mirrors often get blocked by the UI.

More on screen UI customization and things like FOV adjustment would be nice for sure.

Agreed! For a "Sim" we should be able to turn on/off each individual bit of UI on the screen, the 2 options available are either too much or too little for me personally.

Minor gripe but it would be nice to have the option.

I see this issue threefold:
1. Customization may give undesired advantages (see Kaz' reasoning behind there being no virtual mirror in chase)
2. The game looking that amazing is due to finely tuned settings that other games may give you free reign of at the expense of graphical fidelity (see pC2). FOV in particular means an increase in needed processing power which frankly the ps4 (especially the regular) doesn't exactly have in spades to spare.
3. GT(S) is not a sim, it's a simcade racer at best, and as such you get what the devs (Kaz) deem best for your experiencing the game.

Yes. FOV. Make the cockpit camera fully virtual 360° left/right up/down diagonally on all axis.

OR I would just be happy if they PD would just remove the rear view camera on the down press since we already have the rear view camera mapped to a different button. Why do we need it twice?

That's the main irritation for me because it limits FOV for the camera in other directions not allowing you to see as much.

Last edited:
More on that, the camera should at least rotate about 10 degrees to left side when steering to the left and more degrees than that to steer to the right, even GTA has got that right and this game didn't.

Because of this I have to use the hood camera to have better view of the track and turning points.

I don't think FOV will happen. I was part of the closed beta of April, and FOV adjustment was considered by PD, but it was omitted due load issues.

Last edited:
More on that, the camera should at least rotate about 10 degrees to left side when steering to the left and more degrees than that to steer to the right, even GTA has got that right and this game didn't.

Because of this I have to use the hood camera to have better view of the track and turning points.

I don't think FOV will happen. I was part of the closed beta of April, and FOV adjustment was considered by PD, but it was omissed due load issues.
omitted*

sorry I have nothing better to do.

I see this issue threefold:
3. GT(S) is not a sim, it's a simcade racer at best, and as such you get what the devs (Kaz) deem best for your experiencing the game.

Be careful, the fanbois will eat you alive for suggesting this... Lol , can't recall how many times I've read comments on Youtube suggesting GTS is a better Sim than PC2.

Back