Cockpit Motion Effects

mikecustom

(Banned)
ppmike921
So, I was doing some tests earlier today, messing with the HUD and came across this option called ''Camera Motion Effects'', turned it off, then turned it back on and I couldn't see any visual changes but something else was fixed. The sluggish and slippery feel I was talking about in another thread was gone when the option was turned off, it felt way more realistic, not so much swaying around like Shift's physics. Is it just me? Maybe somebody else can confirm this because the game plays like an arcade racer with this option turned on but it behaves more like a ''sim'' if it's off.

What you're experiencing with the camera motion effects, is a heightened sense of camera movement, to make you draw in to the suspension movements a little more. Not only that, it gives you a heightened sense of speed.

Turning it off, does make it appear somewhat more realistic, as that is what you'd expect when actually mounting a camcorder on the driver's helmet or the car's hood/bumper.

Happy motoring!

What you're experiencing with the camera motion effects, is a heightened sense of camera movement, to make you draw in to the suspension movements a little more. Not only that, it gives you a heightened sense of speed.

Turning it off, does make it appear somewhat more realistic, as that is what you'd expect when actually mounting a camcorder on the driver's helmet or the car's hood/bumper.

Happy motoring!

Yeah totally, I was getting the same effect Shift 2 had with the Helmet cam before turning it off. If there's a built-in aid, it's less noticeable now.

Great.. good it worked out for you!

I prefer leaving it on, as it gives a greater sense of speed, and the suspension movement really comes alive in the bumper/hood cam.

Back