Cockpit View.....Who turned out the lights?

Octane100
Hey all, I dont know if its just my settings , ( which are in default) or just the particular car i'm driving but , It seems awfully dark in here. Noticeably more so than the other views, what gives? I didnt ask for a midnight smoke tint on the Honda Fit that i bought but seem to have one...............anybody else notice this? I havent acquired any other cars yet so cannot tell if this is the case with other vehicles too? Perhaps one of you good souls can shed some light on this.......no pun intended!

Thanking you in advance........

I also have the feeling that they are way to dark, also with other cars. You can compensate with brightness (in options, or on your tv) but this tends to make the rest too bright.

The honda civic type r ep 04 cockpit view is completly black cant see the steering wheel also the outside of the car is very poor.

It's a flaw in lighting design. The dynamic range is way too high. Don't know why they didn't bother to fix it. No excuses for GT7, though.
Any other discussion on this topic? A fix or adjustment? Or is it just as you say a flaw. I messed around with the quick menu brightness but with less than stellar results. I guess I can see where PD was going with this but its just too dark.

I have the same on some cars, but for me it's now way better than in GT5. There I had overly dark cockpits on much more cars, together with an excessive overexposure for anything outside the car, especially on weather variable tracks.

definitely agree that something needs to be done about the lighting with the cockpit view. Way too dark most of the time and I never had that problem in GT5

GT Academy demo seemed much improved over GT5..

f2292p.png

What happened? We really just need the gauges to be well-lit. It is very hard to race when you can't see your tachometer!

Last edited:
I agree. For me the cockpit view is so dark that I'm not using it anymore.
Maybe PD is discouraging people from using it due to the framerate hit?

I actually enjoy the cockpit view, especially because I use a steering wheel. I like feeling as though I'm actually driving a car down the road and not just floating with a wheel :D
I also don't think it's too dark. When you're racing around at night with all the dash lights and icons glowing it is quite the experience. In premium cars of course :lol:

The Prowler is basically Semi-Premium. It has the most complete interior of any standard!
Every gauge works!! Oh sh:censored:!!! I need to call GT-AAA... I've just crashed into an invisible barrier. No problems though. Car is fully intact after smashing it at 130 mph.👍

I also don't think it's too dark. When you're racing around at night with all the dash lights and icons glowing it is quite the experience. In premium cars of course :lol:

It's very dependant on the car, an RX-7 doesn't have illuminated dials so it becomes black in mild shadow, however RX-8s have illuminated dials so it's no problem.

Back