CoD MW 2 Remastered (with a big fat nope added)

• Thread starter Scaff
  • 19 comments
MW2 Remastered - yay!

MW2 Remastered without online play - boooooooo!

I've only just stopped playing MW2 online on the PS3 in the past year. That's a nine year old game.
Its the most bizarre choice I can think of, I still play COD MW remastered on-line, and MW2 on-line would have been an automatic for me, this will simply get a pass as the single player alone is not worth it.

Last edited:
TBH, maybe it's a good thing the multiplayer isn't in, then we don't have to deal with dickweeds going full Commando with UMP's and tac-knifed pistols shanking people.

I patiently wait for Black Ops 1 to be remastered.

Its the most bizarre choice I can think of, I still play COD MW remastered on-line, and MW2 on-line would have been an automatic for me, this will simply get a pass as the single player alone is not worth it.
I remember when MW remastered rumours were confirmed, they said it would not contain multiplayer. That changed. Hopefully they have a rethink, having said that, there are some tweaks needed that plagued the original. I don't understand though, why don't they just make a MW4?

It's very likely that knowing Activision, they'll either announce that there will be multiplayer at E3, or they will make MW2's multiplayer a $40 seperate package.

I don't understand though, why don't they just make a MW4?

I am fairly certain that with how the story shook out in 3
with everybody being dead Jim
that it might be beneficial for Activision to leave it at three.

No multiplayer?

Not gonna get it then.

Wanna play single player? Might aswell start up the original game then. :P

Was way too dissapointed in the CoD4 "Remastered". Can't even call it that. It was garbage.

Considering the game is half the price of the first Remastered, WW2's lifecycle isn't finished yet and the game would be in-fighting with Black Ops 4, it's understandable.

It doesn't make the fact that there's no multiplayer suck any less, but it would be a dumb move to release a multiplayer game like that during this timeframe. From a business perspective, Activision would essentially be killing WW2 early and shooting BO4 in the foot before it even arrives.

Last edited:
Considering the game is half the price of the first Remastered, WW2's lifecycle isn't finished yet and the game would be in-fighting with Black Ops 4, it's understandable.

It doesn't make the fact that there's no multiplayer suck any less, but it would be a dumb move to release a multiplayer game like that during this timeframe. From a business perspective, Activision would essentially be killing WW2 early and shooting BO4 in the foot before it even arrives.

I'm not sure that would be the case. The remastered MW's are likely to appeal mostly to those who had those the games on PS3 and to a lesser extent, people who have had their fill of the contemporary CoDs but have an urge to try the simpler, earlier games. You're either bringing back a previous audience or holding the attention of an audience that you already have. Both scenarios or more likely to mean more sales of your franchises in the future.

As someone who has never got on with the Battlefield or SW Battlefront series of games but has previously bought 4 or 5 of the CoD titles (and most of the DLC that accompanied them) but 'fell out' with Activision over their unwillingness to patch older games to stop the hacked lobbies that eventually ruined the older titles, a remastered MW2 with online would be an instant purchase and would bring me and no doubt countless others back into the Activision fold.

I'm not sure that would be the case. The remastered MW's are likely to appeal mostly to those who had those the games on PS3 and to a lesser extent, people who have had their fill of the contemporary CoDs but have an urge to try the simpler, earlier games. You're either bringing back a previous audience or holding the attention of an audience that you already have. Both scenarios or more likely to mean more sales of your franchises in the future.

As someone who has never got on with the Battlefield or SW Battlefront series of games but has previously bought 4 or 5 of the CoD titles (and most of the DLC that accompanied them) but 'fell out' with Activision over their unwillingness to patch older games to stop the hacked lobbies that eventually ruined the older titles, a remastered MW2 with online would be an instant purchase and would bring me and no doubt countless others back into the Activision fold.
Agreed.

I'm playing COD4 alongside WW2, and would go for MW2 with online without hesitation, and it wouldn't stop me playing WW2 or put me off considering the next release.

I must be the only one who doesn't care for online multiplayer. I never really played it back in the PS3 days.

I used to play COD4 online all the time, WaW I played online quite a bit but when MW2 came out, that killed the enjoyment for me.
If it does actually get remastered and it's campaign only I'll be more than happy, means that there's no annoying online multiplayer trophies where you've got to play for about 3 years to earn a bronze trophy.

It's very likely that knowing Activision, they'll either announce that there will be multiplayer at E3, or they will make MW2's multiplayer a $40 seperate package.

I am fairly certain that with how the story shook out in 3
with everybody being dead Jim
that it might be beneficial for Activision to leave it at three.
But the story doesn't have to continue, especially for multiplayer. Ina any case, all I ever wanted from COD was new maps periodically for MW2. Loved that game so much. I would still be playing if they just released maps. When the first cod came out on PS4, I went back to play MW2 and was like damn this game is so good. I really hope they remaster multiplayer butget rid of all of the flaws in that game. Tactical Knife warp, Nukes etc.

Strange the multiplayer was the only part worth playing in mw2
I disagree.

While I loved and still love the multiplayer in CoD4 and MW2, the single player campaign in both games are really good and the coop mode in MW2 is really fun and challenging.

MW3 on the other hand had terrible multiplayer, but still a good single player campaign.

I have a strong feeling that they’re pulling the typical AAA-studio bull**** of intentionally leaving out the most beloved feature of a classic game so fans are outraged. Then, the studio brings it back later after claiming to “listen to the feedback” to make themselves look like the good guys in the end.

I don’t have a lot of examples on me, but the manual transmission option for NFS 2015 is a start. On release, they omitted the option to use a manual transmission in a game centered around car culture. A few months later, “Hey guys! We brought back MT! We’re so kind to our money bags players!”

http://metro.co.uk/2018/04/18/call-...oyale-no-single-player-claim-rumours-7476475/

Black ops 4 might not have a story mode. Either someone has lost the plot completely or maybe they are planning to sell it with MW2 so you get story mode in one and online with the other?
To be honest, they have lost it long time ago.

Call of Duty have never been in a worse state than now. I miss the CoD2, CoD4 and MW2 era. Raw, smooth gameplay and fun all day. Today its just clunky gameplay, cutscenes and loot boxes. :yuck:

To be honest, they have lost it long time ago.

Call of Duty have never been in a worse state than now. I miss the CoD2, CoD4 and MW2 era. Raw, smooth gameplay and fun all day. Today its just clunky gameplay, cutscenes and loot boxes. :yuck:
Unfortunately, you're right! Could spend all day on MW, WAW, MW2, BO, MW3, BO2 then in my opinion it went downhill. Ghosts had an awesome campaign, but I could never get into the multiplayer. I think I just sucked to be fair.

I just don't understand why they'd call it 'Black Ops 4' if it lacked a campaign. It's suppose to continue the series.

Back