COD needs a real hard-core mode.

• Thread starter ctdc67
  • 12 comments
United States
United States
It is just to easy to $hoot an opponent that is far,far away with a machine gun. It really minimizes sniper rifles. There are better fitting games for a simulation fan that I am but there must be enough people that would like to make this game more realistic.

There’s already hardcore and some realism modes in cod multiplayer. No hud and most guns are one hit kill for the first 30-50m iirc.

It is just to easy to $hoot an opponent that is far,far away with a machine gun. It really minimizes sniper rifles. There are better fitting games for a simulation fan that I am but there must be enough people that would like to make this game more realistic.
COD is COD there's your answer.

COD is a video game and it can be made anyway they want. If enough people request something the developers could make it happen.
I like playing hard-core FFA but they are missing 1 main aspect and that is $hooting something far away is difficult especially when you don't use a sniper rifle. Maybe all they have to do is turn off aim assist in this mode.

No one wants COD to be a mil sim
Not a one. If you want Mil-Sim on PC there are plenty of options but Escape From Tarkov is one of the main ones. On console it's much more limited, even non-existent depending on your definition. I'd say the closest might be PUBG, and that's coming to PS+ September so it's free with subscription.

What even is this thread, and why did it need to exist beyond this post?
There’s already hardcore and some realism modes in cod multiplayer. No hud and most guns are one hit kill for the first 30-50m iirc.
And what the tits is dollar hooting?

What even is this thread, and why did it need to exist beyond this post?

Looking at the thread posting history...this guy basically exists to ask questions that either don't need answers towards, or are simply answered, as is the case here, in order to make every game ever hyper realistic. Why one needs to ask a question about COD being more realistic, in the misc. games section of a sim racing forum, I do not know.

Moreover, to end this thread: the fact that Infinity Ward *tried* to make Modern Warfare more realistic (to a point) by ditching the three lane maps that the series was known for backfired on them. Horribly. You see that in the new maps added to online throughout the seasons: if they aren't just straight up remakes of classic maps (Hardhat, Vacant, Rust, Crash) then they're much simpler then any of the base game maps and move closer towards that three lane style, and you see that in Petrov Oil Rig and Suldal Harbour especially.

If you want mil-sim, then play Tarkov. Play World War III. Play any of those PC games. If I want COD to be more realistic, then I shouldn't be playing COD.

Only if they properly simulate the crippling PTSD and being abandoned by your government as well.

Back