Codemaster's observations (TOCA RD2)

• Thread starter BKGlover
  • 0 comments
United States
Texas
Bit of a title, so I'll get on with it. I just got my hands on TOCA Race Driver 2. First impressions are good, feels like TOCA World Championship (Jarrett and Labonte in the US), but withing the first second of the career, I made a massive discovery.

"Why does this all feel like Deja Vu? This GUI, this loading screen. No, It couldn't-(Thrown into Ford GT mid-race).....they did." What did they do? Ladies and Gentelmen, I give you Race Driver 2006 for the PSP. Why? Because it really is THE SAME ******* GAME! The only difference I can find is the music selection and the stock cars, other than that they really are one and the same.

That's not all though! You remember in Dirt 2, the RV? Remember the layout, the aged uphostery, the nasty yellow carpet, the arch cut into the back of the driver's compartment? Well, Codemaster's had pulled it out of storage, because IT's in the RD2 as well.

I can kinda understand RD'06, as the PSP was shunned from go really, but did they just get lazy with the RV?

Anyway, I just wanted to share these tidbits with the masses who didn't know about the game(s).

Edit: Nix the earlier feel, more sim-feeling than J&L. Also got TOCA RD3, and it feels waaaaay different, but RD'06 got IT's music.

Last edited:
Back