Colbert or Stewart?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Loon
  • 19 comments
  • 1,029 views

Which Host is Better


  • Total voters
    20
Messages
5,076
Messages
GTPLoon
Messages
D1 Loon
Which of the two show's do you like best?

I personally can't stand watching Jon Stewart. He has some good moments but they are few and far in between. I always feel bored out of my mind when I watch his show.

Colbert on the other hand is great in my opinion is great. I really like his sense of humor, he's always out in left field somewhere and that's funny to me. I most always laugh all the way through his show. I think he's a bit funnier because he doesn't have as big a career as Jon Stewart, in comparison atleast, so he's not afraid to risk it as much.

But thats my opinion, what's yours?
 
I prefer watching The Colbert Report, but I love Lewis Black on The Daily Show.
 
I may be an "oldie," but I definitely prefer the Daily Show's brand of comedy with John Stewart. His, "wow, I never thought of it that way" sensibility makes him likable even when interviewing someone who is a polar opposite (See John Bolton, Mary Cheney). The zingers are always great, his attitude about it quite funny. Best of all, his little impressions are always good for a laugh.

Don't get me wrong, Colbert is great too, but I'll take mine a little less edgy and go with Stewart.
 
I love Colbert's show. I prefer satire to irony.
 
Both are funny. It just depends on what time of day you happen to be up.
The daily show generally comes on early evening here.
The Colbert Report in the late evening.
I personally prefer Colbert to Stewart.
My oldest boys have already read "I am America, and You can too!" so you can put them down as Colbert fans.
 
I sort of prefer John's show just because it usually features a lot of funny things, and that Colbert is a bit random. But I like 'em both. 👍👍
 
i have to say the Colbert Report. it is always funny, Jon Stewart has a few moments that are funny, but not that many. I like when Colbert discusses books, he never stops making jokes. But Jon Stewart's field reporters are funny, for example, the guy that went to Iraq and asked them how it was like "good old Indiana," i couldn't stop laughing.
 
I was pretty close to buying one of Colbert's 'Wrist Strong' bracelets. Did any of y'all see his interview with Willy Nelson, that episode has to be the best so far. With the Richard Branson interview coming in a close second.
 
I don't really care for either of them, but I have a weird sense of humour.
 
I prefer Colbert, but I like the Daily Show better than the Colbert Report.
 
I think Colbert is just a funnier person in general.
 
Neither.

I prefer real political shows.
 
Colbert, definitely.

I think John Stewart is pretty witty, and I don't mind watching his show when it's on, but Colbert just gets me every time, he's hilarious. The one thing that I like about Colbert so much is how well he plays his character, I have never seen him slip up and go out of character at all.

By the way, Colbert fans should check out the interview he did on PBS a while back, I saw it on tv about a year ago. It was very informative, and he is a much more intelligent man than he puts off. One part that got me in the interview was when Colbert said one of his biggest regrets is that he can not ask his guests serious questions, instead he always has to come up with the joke. Even though he is hilarious and I love most of his jokes, it was refreshing and very interesting to finally see the real Stephen Colbert and not the wacky character that he plays on his show.
 
Someone's not a happy neo-con camper. ;)

Of course I'm not. :cool:

You can make fun of the President until you cream your pants, however, some topics are kinda serious. These shows give me the impression that all politics are to be made fun of and nothing outside of your magical TV box has any consequence.

Oh, and a good day to you, for whoever gave me negative reputation for stating my opinion and a legitimate answer to the poll question. 👎
 
Stewart does too much ranting. Colbert keeps it light.
 
You can make fun of the President until you cream your pants, however, some topics are kinda serious. These shows give me the impression that all politics are to be made fun of and nothing outside of your magical TV box has any consequence.
You do realize that these shows are on a station called "Comedy Central", don't you? If I don't want to laugh, I'll watch the real news.
 
Oh, and a good day to you, for whoever gave me negative reputation for stating my opinion and a legitimate answer to the poll question. 👎

That is a pretty low thing to do.
 
That is a pretty low thing to do.

It is. That person is probably on the other side of the political spectrum than I, so I'm not surprised that they did this to me.

I do realize that these characters are on Comedy Central, that's why I checked off "Neither" in the poll question, I take politics seriously (and I'm not the only one).
 
Oh, and a good day to you, for whoever gave me negative reputation for stating my opinion and a legitimate answer to the poll question. 👎

Woah, wasn't me; that's pretty lame.

Anyway, I don't think the shows are very political (or politically dependent) at all. It just so happens that current politics are so ripe for their disposal.

I think they've said that themselves as well-- they'd much rather blast the media instead of Washington.
 
Back