Collecting your cars

• Thread starter Boxster
  • 6 comments
Netherlands
Netherlands
So now we know we will get about 420 cars at launch and of course I want them all.
The 300 or so cars in the dealerships will be available for purchase at any time, so that's no problem. I assume another 20-30 cars to be at Brighton Antiques, they will be expensive, but you can buy them whenever you got the money.
Leaves about a 100 cars or so via the used car dealership. But you will also get some of these via the menu at the cafe. Of the 90 (30x3) cars you will get via the menus, maybe half can be bought new, but the other half only via the second hand shop. Thus I hope you will be able to see which 90 cars come via the cafe menus straight away, so you can avoid duplication.
Also, I assume I will have to collect some 2 million credits asap, to be able to purchase cars as they come up in the second hand dealership.
Any thoughts?

Leaves about a 100 cars or so via the used car dealership. But you will also get some of these via the menu at the cafe. Of the 90 (30x3) cars you will get via the menus, maybe half can be bought new, but the other half only via the second hand shop. Thus I hope you will be able to see which 90 cars come via the cafe menus straight away, so you can avoid duplication.
I think you may have misunderstood, or I have. The three (or more) cars listed in the Cafe are cars you have to acquire yourself, it doesn't mean it gives you those three cars. The rewards seem to vary between unlocking tracks, unlocking modes, and prize tickets.

I'm sure if you already acquire a car for a later collection then it'll be already filled in, you won't have to go and get another one. So I'm not seeing where duplication comes into it. Unless you're talking about prize cars from events, but that's always been the case with GT, you never know what cars you'll win later.

I think you may have misunderstood, or I have. The three (or more) cars listed in the Cafe are cars you have to acquire yourself, it doesn't mean it gives you those three cars. The rewards seem to vary between unlocking tracks, unlocking modes, and prize tickets.

I'm sure if you already acquire a car for a later collection then it'll be already filled in, you won't have to go and get another one. So I'm not seeing where duplication comes into it. Unless you're talking about prize cars from events, but that's always been the case with GT, you never know what cars you'll win later.
I don't know. I had the impression you would get the cars on the menu as gift when you completed missions, but I may be mistaken. That's what I hope people here can help me with to understand.

I don't know. I had the impression you would get the cars on the menu as gift when you completed missions, but I may be mistaken. That's what I hope people here can help me with to understand.
As far as I can tell you open a collection and if you want to make that your current goal, you choose "Start":

Screenshot 2022-02-05 at 15-21-58 Gran Turismo 7 - State of Play Deep Dive 4K PS5, PS4 - YouTube.png

Then on the menus the yellow circle icon will indicate where you can find those three cars. One would assume some have to be bought and so the icon will appear over Brand Central or Used Car Dealers, but if they can be acquired as a prize car, the yellow icon will lead you to the event that gives you it.

So here it's telling you one of the cars can be acquired by entering some event in Asia-Ociania:

i1yVywKngUdzEb.jpg

And you then follow that yellow dot until you see the event where one of the cars is awarded, and what you need to do to get it:

Screenshot 2022-02-05 at 15-29-24 Gran Turismo 7 - State of Play Deep Dive 4K PS5, PS4.png

As I say, I would assume not every car will be available as a gift car from an event but maybe they will.

EDIT: Just noticed in that first screenshot there is a "How to acquire" info tooltip, so it seems you will know exactly how to acquire them all at a glance.

Last edited:
In the video, it shows the player complete the small car cup and gifted the ‘65 Mini. Probably add the Daily Workout Gift and a year worth of play(provided you don’t grind and spend Cr to modify a car), any one player could wind up with 420+ cars. How varied those will be depends on how much Cr earned and how gift cars are Assigned.

As Samus mentioned, we just don’t know what gift cars we’ll get, after task completions.

I can see for a fact that there's five licenses (B, A, IB, IA, S) with two cars each, with one being awarded for all-bronzes and another for all-golds. So that's ten cars right there. I certainly plan to do the B license first, to get two free cars to start the game with, and then save the credits for something else, whether it be another car, or modifications. Hopefully we won't be gifted a car at the start like in GT6 and GTS, but rather being given a set amount of credits to either buy a new car, a used one, or to save otherwise.

Oh, who am I kidding? Knowing the Toyota partnership, I bet it'll be the 2015 86, or maybe even the GR 86. Not that I'd complain. I mean, I'd take a free car at the start as long as it's more in-line with something lower-tier like that Honda Fit from GT6, rather than a completely random car like in GTS. In that case, I definitely remember being gifted a Peugeot RCZ Gr.B Rally Car!

Last edited:
I can see for a fact that there's five licenses (B, A, IB, IA, S) with two cars each, with one being awarded for all-bronzes and another for all-golds. So that's ten cars right there. I certainly plan to do the B license first, to get two free cars to start the game with, and then save the credits for something else, whether it be another car, or modifications. Hopefully we won't be gifted a car at the start like in GT6 and GTS, but rather being given a set amount of credits to either buy a new car, a used one, or to save otherwise.

Oh, who am I kidding? Knowing the Toyota partnership, I bet it'll be the 2015 86, or maybe even the GR 86. Not that I'd complain. I mean, I'd take a free car at the start as long as it's more in-line with something lower-tier like that Honda Fit from GT6, rather than a completely random car like in GTS. In that case, I definitely remember being gifted a Peugeot RCZ Gr.B Rally Car!
The PS Blog explains that the very first thing you do is buy a used car. Going by one of the screenshots elsewhere it is literally the only option on the world map when you first start.

License centre isn't unlocked until you complete your first book in GT Cafe.

The blog also states that you won't even be able to buy a new car until you unlock brand central a few hours in.

Last edited:
Back