Collectors edition

  • Thread starter Thread starter o9lifted
  • 20 comments
  • 1,938 views
Messages
864
Norway
Oslo
Messages
o9revo
hi everybody..

I was plannin to get the signature edition but never had enough money to pre-order and when i had, it was too late. eventually i got to buy the collectors edition becouse i wanted the book (wich i havent started on yet, the text is soo small lol). I've got the game for bout a week i guess and allready got some good cars in my garage. Just today i noticed the code for the chrome line cars, so i d/l it and i've really enjoyed the cars. just finished the lambo-race in professional events, with the standard chrome-line lambo, and driving this car just felt amazing. won the 3 lap race after a few try and I just wonder; are these cars tuned or original?

I will for now pretend that I dont own these cars tho I might take them to an online race, sooner or later.

At the moment im racing a 200bhp honda civic premium (want the RM), a +500bhp nissan 350z, 750bhp Viper '02 and have just bought myself an blue/striped srt-10 wich i will spend my well earned money to the fullest..

rest of the cars i own is just for the collection, and off course I have sold some for the need of cash. I ride with TCS (5) and ABS (1).

let me know how u roll.... :) driving with the tcs is usually imposible to me when im in my 700+ Viper tho i loved having it OFF when driving the (original?) blue chrome-line LAMBO.

-Got all gold on the B licenses havent started on the others yet. gold on all off the special events that ive been racing, not all of them yet.

GT4 100% all GOLD :))


Im a clean driver så if u want to meet me at the track, add me: o9Lifted
 
Last edited:
hi everybody..

I was plannin to get the signature edition but never had enough money to pre-order and when i had, it was too late. eventually i got to buy the collectors edition becouse i wanted the book (wich i havent started on yet, the text is soo small lol). I've got the game for bout a week i guess and allready got some good cars in my garage. Just today i noticed the code for the chrome line cars, so i d/l it and i've really enjoyed the cars. just finished the lambo-race in professional events, with the standard chrome-line lambo, and driving this car just felt amazing. won the 3 lap race after a few try and I just wonder; are these cars tuned or original?

I will for now pretend that I dont own these cars tho I might take them to an online race, sooner or later.

At the moment im racing a 200bhp honda civic premium (want the RM), a +500bhp nissan 350z, 750bhp Viper '02 and have just bought myself an blue/striped srt-10 wich i will spend my well earned money to the fullest..

rest of the cars i own is just for the collection, and off course I have sold some for the need of cash. I ride with TCS (5) and ABS (1).

let me know how u roll.... :) driving with the tcs is usually imposible to me when im in my 700+ Viper tho i loved having it OFF when driving the (original?) blue chrome-line LAMBO.

-Got all gold on the B licenses havent started on the others yet. gold on all off the special events that ive been racing, not all of them yet.

GT4 100% all GOLD :))


Im a clean driver så if u want to meet me at the track, add me: o9Lifted

My understanding is that they have custom paint and livery on the body, but I don't think there are custom tuning upgrades. They have the same HP output as the real vehicles and handle quite similarly to the real deal.
 
I roll with with no assists.
TC off.
ABS on 1.
I'm also enjoying chromo cars & my stealth ones mhwuuuu ha ha ha haaaaaa.
 
hahaha tcs off is imposible to me when driving that 750bhp'on-the-back-wheels'viper with a analoge controller.. loose too much time going sideways tho its a lot of fun lol
 
I bought the collectors edition but I'm holding off on the chrome lines. I like the challenge of earning your way through the game.
 
yea me too tho i went straight to the lamob event in professional-events i will buy a brand new lp-640 when i get the cash and tune it.... my chorme cars will stay and gather dust in the garage meanwhile and i will keep them as original as possible.......
 
I downloaded the chromes but haven't raced with them. I only used the M3 to do a practice run through Sarthe to see the weather / night change, which was pretty cool.

So far, my main car has been a used Prelude SiR, with only an oil change, wash and better tires. I even used it in the beginning snow rally.

The odd thing is that, other than the M3 on a practice run, the only premium car I've really used is the kart.
 
Does anybody know if you loose the chrome stripes if you paint the chromeline cars another color? Didn't find a thread for that.
 
Does anybody know if you loose the chrome stripes if you paint the chromeline cars another color? Didn't find a thread for that.

It won't let you paint them, so no risk there 👍
 
Chromeline cars are what I think as a preview for what you can get when you win some money. I know I won't get that much money to buy them for a while without the CE perks...

Actually I also have the urge to sell them(I can't) for the same reason to tune my race cars...

I am such a sucker for cars I want though, keep spending money to buy new ones that I don't necessarily need yet...:D
 
Hum... My Collector's edition just arrived and I have a doubt. My PSN is European, but my GT5 CE is from America, the chrome car will be available at my garage using the code at the PSN Europe?
 
hahaha tcs off is imposible to me when driving that 750bhp'on-the-back-wheels'viper with a analoge controller.. loose too much time going sideways tho its a lot of fun lol

I dont use TCS anymore even with my powerful Viper. my 900bhp Zonda R may be some beast some times maybe too much of a beast but im learning to controll my x and square buttons :)
 
The chrome line cars do have a bit more power than their regular counterparts. It's not much, but it's a start.
 
Hum... My Collector's edition just arrived and I have a doubt. My PSN is European, but my GT5 CE is from America, the chrome car will be available at my garage using the code at the PSN Europe?

Hello there, I still haven't used my code to get the chrome cars, cause I don't know if it'll work.

Someone have the answer for my previous question?
 
Hello there, I still haven't used my code to get the chrome cars, cause I don't know if it'll work.

Someone have the answer for my previous question?

Nobody have the answer? Hum... ok, I'll have to try and see what it hapens.

Ok, I'll post here if it works for me. See ya!!
👍👍👍
 
I have not installed my collector edition yet; because I got it after I bought a regular version.

Play N Trade reneged on my CE pre-order, but my sister in Arizona tracked one down at a Gamestop (an unclaimed pre-order) and sent it to me; of course after I installed and began playing the regular version.

Is there any way I can get the chrome line cars and transfer to my regular GT5 game?
 
I think they are slighty tuned. The Audi comes with basic settings like Stage 1 NA tune and weight reduction if I'm not mistaken...
 
I have not installed my collector edition yet; because I got it after I bought a regular version.

Play N Trade reneged on my CE pre-order, but my sister in Arizona tracked one down at a Gamestop (an unclaimed pre-order) and sent it to me; of course after I installed and began playing the regular version.

Is there any way I can get the chrome line cars and transfer to my regular GT5 game?

Just use the codes on you psn you can use them on any edition
 
Also, for the Stealth cars, you only need to pay 500 Cr. for engine restores and body rigidity.
 
Question about these editions:

If you give your friend your savegame (friend has signature edition), will my savegame get Stealth cars, when it's runned from his ps3? :o
 
Back