College Basketball: 2019-2020 Season (Men and Women)

Discussion in 'Sports' started by JohnBM01, May 14, 2019.

1. JohnBM01

JohnBM01 Premium

With tonight being the 2019 NBA Draft, I figured I'd start VERY early on a new college basketball thread. There is a lot of talk that goes on about players making moves, coaching moves, and more. So let me start off the 2019-2020 thread of college basketball today.

When we talk about defending champions, here are the champs of the 2018-2019 season:

--- 2018-2019 College Basketball Champions ---
    NCAA D1 Men: Virginia
    NCAA D1 Women: Baylor
    NCAA D2 Men: Northwest Missouri State (undefeated!)
    NCAA D2 Women: Lubbock Christian
    NCAA D3 Men: Wisconsin-Oshkosh
    NCAA D3 Women: Thomas More
    NIT Men: Texas
    NIT Women: Arizona
    CIT: Marshall
    CBI: South Florida
    NAIA D1 Men: Georgetown College (Kentucky)
    NAIA D1 Women: Montana Western
    NAIA D2 Men: Spring Arbor University
    NAIA D2 Women: Concordia (Nebraska)
    NJCAA D1 Men: Vincennes
    NJCAA D1 Women: Gulf Coast State
    NJCAA D2 Men: Kirkwood
    NJCAA D2 Women: Kansas City (Kansas)
    NJCAA D3 Men: Herkimer
    NJCAA D3 Women: Hostos

Can these teams repeat as champions? Will there be changing of the guard? Can not-as-talented teams overtake the better teams of today? This thread is all about all of the goings on in college basketball. Anything is fair game- from players transferring, new coaching hires, and all the preseason college hoops talk all the way to the National Championship games in Tournaments.

Time to tip off a new season of college basketball. So... GO!

2. JohnBM01

JohnBM01 Premium

Recent word has it that the University of Michigan now has a new head coach after John Beilein took the Cleveland Cavaliers' job. Who's the new men's basketball coach of Michigan? Get to know Mr. Juwan Howard. Yep- J. Howard has gone from being an assistant of the Miami Heat to being the coach of the Michigan Wolverines men's basketball team. Michgan has been pretty baller in recent seasons, especially for a school traditionally known as a football power. Maybe Juwan Howard can help keep Michigan as being one of the most solid teams in college basketball.