• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 2 comments

JohnBM01

20 years!
Premium
United States
Houston, Texas, USA
JMarine25
GTPlanet, let's get right to the games, shall we? Div 1-A first, then Div 1-AA in the next reply. This is all finished with my picks for BIGGEST WIN, UPSET OF THE WEEK, MOST DISAPPOINTING LOSS, and my personal favorite, my pick for "YOU GOT OWNED!" So let's do this.

DIVISION 1-A
* [BIG RIVALRY] "'Boys and Rams" I'm sorry. This is the NCAA, not the NFL. Had this been the NFL, this would have been the Dallas Cowboys at the St. Louis Rams. But since this is college, I'm talking about the Wyoming Cowboys and the Colorado State Rams.
* "Syra-x-cuse Me?" The Syracuse Orange went down from the state of New York to Morgantown, West Virginia, USA. The #14-ranked WV Mountaineers had no trouble beating and blowing out the Orange by at least 21 points.
* "Louisville Sluggers" The University of South Florida (USF) Bulls played against the #18-ranked Louisville Cardinals. The Cardinals came from a heartbreaking loss to the Miami Hurricanes at the Orange Bowl.
* "Homecoming Hell" It's a Big XII battle as the Oklahoma State Cowboys went on the road to meet the Missouri Tigers. Missouri were beaten in Austin, TX, USA by the Texas Longhorns, and the Tigers will have their homecoming. Turns out, the Mizzou Tigers would lose to the Oklahoma State Cowboys after a failed Hail Mary pass in the closing seconds. I don't think Mizzou will be celebrating at their lovely, new basketball court for the homecoming party. It was a pretty sad loss.
* "Branded Buffaloes" Here's more Big XII action that seen Colorado go down to Kyle Field in College Station, TX, USA. [29-26 F/2OT, TEXAS A&M]
* "Jay Hawk Down" College basketball standouts, the University of Kansas, took down football juggernauts Oklahoma and lost bigtime in this blowout. [41-10 OKLAHOMA]
* "Wildcats on the Prowl" Nebraska went to Manhattan, KS, USA to take on Kansas State. As the 60 minutes concluded, KSU would win over the Cornhuskers in a [45-21, KANSAS STATE] Big XII beatdown.
* "Lone Star Shootout" The Longhorns of Texas travelled north to Lubbock, TX, USA to meet their rivals for the 54th time, Texas Tech. [51-21 Texas]
* "Whipped Wildcats" Northwestern/Wisconsin The Wisconsin Badgers of Madison, WI, USA took on the Northwestern Wildcats. Well, the Badgers took care of business.. [24-12. WISCONSIN]
* "Butt Ugly" Miami (FL) vs. NC State As the title implies, this game was a high-scoring shootout even from the start. Miami received the opening kickoff and returned it 100 yards for the touchdown. Nearly three minutes in, NCSU responded. With a TD of their own. While it seemed like a ball game, even the 151st annual North Carolina State Fair couldn't generate enough smiles as Raleigh, NC, USA saw NCSU lose to #3 Miami. [45-31, Miami]
* "Tiger Crossing" Troy/LSU Troy came close, but it was all LSU.
* "Trojan Horsed" Washington @ USC The Washington Huskies went from a pretty good team in the northwest to a highly-struggling team in the northwest, being shut out to USC.
* "Fly Eagle, Fly" Boston College @ Notre Dame The BC Eagles took it to the Fighting Irish especially later in the game as they beat Notre Dame.
* "It's Not Over Yet..." The Indiana Hoosiers hit it off against the... THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES. After losing about three straight since the Northwestern dupe job, Indiana went to O-State, and lose to Ohio State.
* "Steel City Rumble" Rutgers @ Pittsburgh The Scarlet Knights fall to the Pittsburgh Panthers in a blowout. [41-17(?) PITTSBURGH]
* "Anyone's Game!" The Rice Owls of my hometown of Houston, TX, USA took on the recently un-undefeated Navy. Despite a close game, the Midshipmen were too much for the Owls, even if by a single point. [14-13 NAVY]
* "Taming of the Razorbacks" Georgia @ Arkansas Georgia invades Arkansas. Both teams wear red. Both teams are great SEC teams. Georgia proved they are the better team.
* "Brutalized Bruins" UCLA @ Arizona State When you head down to Arizona, you'd better be ready to take on the heat of Arizona. But in this case, UCLA couldn't take the heat of the Arizona State Sun Devils, being shut out and embarrased.
* "Take a Bite Out of the Gators" Florida's on the road tp take on the Mississippi Bulldogs. They managed to come back to make the score 31-31, but the upset happened as MSU Florida @ Mississippi State [38-31 MISSISSIPI STATE]
* "24K Golden Bears" California def. Arizona California's Golden Bears took the fight to the Arizona Wildcats, and shut them out for good.
* "Untouched Endzones" Somehow, someway, Iowa took down Joe Paterno's Nittany Lions of Penn State. Iowa was able to take down Penn State. [6-4 IOWA]
* "Just a Tune-Up Game" Kentucky @ Auburn This game is a tune-up game for the #4 Auburn Tigers as they were easily able to beat the Kentucky Wildcats. [42-10 AUBURN]
* "Severe Beatdown Warning" [63-28 UTAH] Utah was at home and on top of the UNLV Rebels. This blowout of a game put the Rebels in a deeper hole to get out of, if at all possible.
* "VA Ownz" Virginia @ Duke The Duke Blue Devils couldn't seem to whip Virginia as they got a big pounding. [37-16 Virginia]
* "Cinderella" Once voted as one of America's most beautiful college campuses, Vanderbilt plays host to Division 1-AA's Eastern Kentucky. What was a beautiful college turned to be an ugly game, especially as far as E. Kentucky went. It was a BIG blow/shut out. Of course, what do you expect when you normally pit a tough SEC team against a Div. 1-AA team?
* "Death Valley Thriller" Maryland @ Clemson. Two touchdowns. One field goal. So who duped who? The game was played at "Death Valley," with Clemson. And the rather struggling Maryland Terrapins get taken down by the Clemson Tigers. [10-7 CLEMSON]
* "Rolled Over Tide" Alabama played a close game to the Tennessee Volunteers, but the score came down to a fourth down which would draw a FLAG and move the Crimson Tide 15 yards ahead. But afterwards, Tennessee picked the ball off past the Red Zone, and the game was over afterwards with Tennessee winning and going 6-1. [17-14 TENNESSEE]
* "Strike!" Bowling Green @ Ohio The Bowling Green Falcons took down the Ohio Bobcats in this MAC Conference matchup. BGSU didn't bowl for a strike against Ohio, they came up with a Turkey over the Bobcats.
* "Blue's Clues" Final game to report on is the game between two tough WAC teams, Fresno State and Boise State. The game was played on the blue field at BSU, and it was a nice shootout until Boise State completely blew away like Lance Armstrong or Michael Schumacher.

Division 1-AA games next.

DIVISION 1-AA AND OTHERS

* "So Close, Yet So Far" (Mississippi Valley @ Texas Southern) A field goal was complete from 40 yards out by MVSU took the lead from the TSU Tigers with at least 9 seconds to go. With the score at 17-14, TSU had a chance to return the ball for a touchdown and failed. This is TSU's first homecoming loss in a while. [17-14, Mississippi Valley]
* Colgate def. Holy Cross
* Delaware def. W&M
* Marist def. La Salle
* MONMOUTH def.
* Harvard def. Princeton
* St. Joseph (IN) def.
* WAGNER def. Rob Morris
* DRAKE def. Valparaiso
* SAM HOUSTON STATE def. Northern Colorado
* FAMU def. Savan State
* Iona def. Assumption

EXTRA COMMENTARY

Here are my picks for...

a.) BIGGEST WIN: Ohio State def. Indiana. Losing, losing, losing, then they are back in business taking down Indiana.

b.) UPSET OF THE WEEK: Mississippi State upset the Florida Gators. And what do you do when you upset a major team like Florida? Take down them goalposts! And things may get uglier for Florida because next weekend, they have Georgia in the "World's Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party."

c.) MOST DISAPPOINTING LOSS: Washington is just continually losing. Losing this weekend to the USC Trojans, Ohio State fought back. When will Washington? They were co-National Champs in 1991, and I think they will come back. But it has to be sooner than later. This is a good team.

d.) "YOU GOT OWNED!": You want ownage? Let it be Utah to UNLV with the 63-28 butt-whipping.

Next week is Halloween weekend. Who'll get treated? Who'll get tricked? There are so many games, so I'll do my best to give you the general rundown of college football games next week. So see you until next time!

Back