College Lacrosse: 2016 Season (Men and Women)

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 2 comments

JohnBM01

20 years!
Premium
United States
Houston, Texas, USA
JMarine25
Lacrosse is one of the fastest-growing sports in America, though it has been around longer than baseball. This is a thread I created for discussion of college lacrosse. You are in for a treat if you've never seen a lacrosse game before. It is a sport that combines the fast-paced play of basketball with the intensity of hockey and football. It is fun to watch to be honest.

Anyhow, if you're a fan of college lacrosse, I've set up this thread for you all for discussion of lacrosse this season. The season basically just started as of this post, so it's game on.

Hampton University became one of the first HBCUs (historically-black colleges and universities) to host an NCAA Division 1 lacrosse team. They are actually the first HBCU to do so since Morgan State in 1981. The Hampton Pirates played their first game and lost 20-3 against Robert Wesleyan.

A lot of lacrosse has gone on. Among the Top 10 in NCAA Division 1 Men's Lacrosse is Air Force. I find this very interesting for more expansion of collegiate lacrosse. I've heard of some other teams, especially west. So it's great hearing of names like Air Force and Stanford in lacrosse. Everything at this point is leaning towards conference championships and ultimately will lead to the lacrosse tournaments for men and women.

I am really sorry I haven't updated this thread much. I do try to watch a number of games.

Back