Collision wit Ghost

Belgium
Belgium
Hi,
I'm fairly new to the game and I want to ask a simple question: I am now rated SR: S and DR: D, so I want to race clean but I'm still at the end of the pack...
During the races there are many who are accidentally leaving the track (accident of too fast cornering) and the car then turns into a ghost to avoid collision when they reappear on the track in an uncontrolled manner. When you suddenly see a "Ghost" appearing in front of you, you have to avoid making an abrupt move because this will cause you to have an accident, so you can drive on through the Ghost. Make sense to me.... BUT: in the last two races I had a "Ghost" in front of me, and I was just wanting to drive through the Ghost, and suddenly the Ghost changes into an real car again just when I was 1 meter from the rear end of the car. I bumped this guy of the road, and I get a penalty for this, obviously. How can I avoid this kind of situation, do you have to avoid contact with a Ghost car (this will cost a lot of time"...
Thanks for the advice.

Luc

Hi,
I would say try to avoid Ghost cars all the time, maybe except when you know that a guy in front of you has a lot of penalty seconds and you are near him, then you can run though him (obviously then he goes ghosted in penalty removal section on track). But still I wouldn't recommend it.
DR - Driver Rating depens on your finish position in races (If I'm not mistaken). If you do good lap times in Qualifying, you will eventually start in better positions. Just practice, stay clean and try to finish in a better position than you started the race - this will increase your DR, which eventually will start to match you with better drivers.
I think GT Sport has a tendency to unghost car at the worst moment. Sometimes you can avoid incidents with ghost cars, sometimes you can't.
Be focused on surroundings too and have patience.

I hope it can help you.

Hi,
I would say try to avoid Ghost cars all the time, maybe except when you know that a guy in front of you has a lot of penalty seconds and you are near him, then you can run though him (obviously then he goes ghosted in penalty removal section on track). But still I wouldn't recommend it.
DR - Driver Rating depens on your finish position in races (If I'm not mistaken). If you do good lap times in Qualifying, you will eventually start in better positions. Just practice, stay clean and try to finish in a better position than you started the race - this will increase your DR, which eventually will start to match you with better drivers.
I think GT Sport has a tendency to unghost car at the worst moment. Sometimes you can avoid incidents with ghost cars, sometimes you can't.
Be focused on surroundings too and have patience.

I hope it can help you.

Hi,

Thanks for your answer. I will try to avoid the Ghosts

You get ghosts respawning inside you and giving you a pen, avoiding them can lose you more than the pen on some tracks. Personally I just drive though them and take the pen when it happens, avoiding them is an option, but then you have to slow too much if it's at a corner and people pass you. There really isn't any good options here.

You get ghosts respawning inside you and giving you a pen, avoiding them can lose you more than the pen on some tracks. Personally I just drive though them and take the pen when it happens, avoiding them is an option, but then you have to slow too much if it's at a corner and people pass you. There really isn't any good options here.

The problem is when the Ghost suddenly becomes a normal car again: then you bump the guy of the track, which isn't my intention. I try to race as clean as possible. Thanks for the reply.

The problem is when the Ghost suddenly becomes a normal car again: then you bump the guy of the track, which isn't my intention. I try to race as clean as possible. Thanks for the reply.
Thing is if it's a reset it's PDs fault, why should you be penalised either with a pen or having to avoid something that shouldn't happen. If he's serving a pen he should be off the line so again why should you suffer?
I don't want to hit someone who's just stopped being a ghost, but I don't want my game ruined by having to avoid them either. Some PZ (penalty zones) make it really easy to avoid the guy even if they take the line, but respawns and some circuit PZs I feel you just have to chance it.

If it's too difficult to avoid the Ghost i'll take my chance and go through him. If I hit the car, than too bad... I regret it for the other guy, but then again, it's a game and nothing more... PD should try to avoid this situation for the next GT7...

Luc

Back