Coming back to the game, what have I missed?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Oryx
  • 18 comments
  • 1,585 views
Messages
12
United States
Newport News,VA
Messages
IdentityCrisys
Messages
Saint Oryx
Alright, I played GT5 right when it came out got bored after a bit and sold my PS3. Bought another PS3 and picked up GT5 XL around the time of that release and later traded my PS3 for a guitar. Now, after seeing the PS4 I have decided to pick up yet another PS3 except this time I'm going to keep it and have also picked up a DFGT, where as before I played with a DS. My question is, what major updates have come out, new game mechanics and anything major since I've been gone. Wanna say it was around July of 12 when I last played. I actually haven't picked up another PS3 yet because I'm awaiting my tax return, hence I made this thread instead of just playing.
 
Honestly so many updates have been released and things have changed so much with the physics, etc. It's hard to post them all...
 
Just play the damn game already... :sly:
 
Just play the damn game already... :sly:

Gotta wait for my tax return, got a feeling it won't come until next week.
 
Well, one thing that will suprise you is that there is over 50 hybrid/hacked cars. There is a Integra with FR drivetrain a X1 with 100 thousand HP. A fiat 500 with 3000+Hp Lol.
 
Alright, I played GT5 right when it came out got bored after a bit and sold my PS3. Bought another PS3 and picked up GT5 XL around the time of that release and later traded my PS3 for a guitar. Now, after seeing the PS4 I have decided to pick up yet another PS3 except this time I'm going to keep it and have also picked up a DFGT, where as before I played with a DS. My question is, what major updates have come out, new game mechanics and anything major since I've been gone. Wanna say it was around July of 12 when I last played. I actually haven't picked up another PS3 yet because I'm awaiting my tax return, hence I made this thread instead of just playing.
Yes there have been an insane amount of improvements with GT5 over the last couple years. I received GT5 as a christmas present shortly after it came out and like you, I got bored instantly and put it away for many many months. The standard cars not having interiors really killed the game for me.

Finally they even updated the standard cars. They are not updated to premium specs but they do have a very very generic interior now on most of the cars. Basically its the bumper cam lined with black electrical tape. lol But hey at least its some sort of interior. ANd it was enough to get me back into the game. Also you can change wheels on standards and more. Some great updates for sure. Standards are still standards but they are better than when the game launched.
 
Well, one thing that will suprise you is that there is over 50 hybrid/hacked cars. There is a Integra with FR drivetrain a X1 with 100 thousand HP. A fiat 500 with 3000+Hp Lol.

I've been reading about that. I remember one problem I had before was the Vettel challenges. I was using a DS3, maybe I'm a terrible driver but I remember those being hard as ****. Hopefully, with my DFGT I'll be a bit better.
 
I've been reading about that. I remember one problem I had before was the Vettel challenges. I was using a DS3, maybe I'm a terrible driver but I remember those being hard as ****. Hopefully, with my DFGT I'll be a bit better.

Ohhhh, I don't think you'll have much luck with a DFGT, I own a G27 and tried the X1 but the wheel shakes too widly and it's really hard to drive; I was afraid that it will tear my wheel out and shred my motor apart. I think that the same thing will happen to you.
 
Ohhhh, I don't think you'll have much luck with a DFGT, I own a G27 and tried the X1 but the wheel shakes too widly and it's really hard to drive; I was afraid that it will tear my wheel out and shred my motor apart. I think that the same thing will happen to you.

The DFGT is still a decent wheel right, surly it's better than a DS3. I looked at the G27 but ~300 is a bit much to drop right off the back. Wanna make sure I'll actually get use so I don't have a $300 paperweight sitting on my floor. Also, not looking to gold the vettel challenges just wanna pass them.
 
The DFGT is still a decent wheel right, surly it's better than a DS3. I looked at the G27 but ~300 is a bit much to drop right off the back. Wanna make sure I'll actually get use so I don't have a $300 paperweight sitting on my floor. Also, not looking to gold the vettel challenges just wanna pass them.

Absolutely nothing wrong with the DFGT, it's a great entry point for the unsure 👍

But if you do start enjoying it I highly recommending selling on the DFGT and getting the G27.

Only thing about the DFGT is when you're drifting, they get seriously hot and make a hell of a lot of noise. But if you drive like those boring civilized folk then you'll be just fine :lol:
 
Honestly so many updates have been released and things have changed so much with the physics, etc. It's hard to post them all...

Since July 12? As far as I can see GT5 was already at 2.07 by then so there have only been four updates since.
 
Absolutely nothing wrong with the DFGT, it's a great entry point for the unsure 👍

But if you do start enjoying it I highly recommending selling on the DFGT and getting the G27.

Not really necessary, IMO. I made GT Academy using mine just fine. Still use one to this day.

Since July 12? As far as I can see GT5 was already at 2.07 by then so there have only been four updates since.

Surely we've had more "bug fixes" since then that didn't count as an actual update?
 
Not really necessary, IMO. I made GT Academy using mine just fine. Still use one to this day.

Oh no I don't mean that it's any more effective or anything like that.

What I mean is it's a more rewarding experience to use due to the clutch and separate H shifter (So useful for folk like me that drive on the left) and overall nicer FFB feel. It's more robust and far, far quieter 👍
 
True. If I do eventually upgrade I may go G25 actually as I would like to retain the up/down shift lever.
 
True. If I do eventually upgrade I may go G25 actually as I would like to retain the up/down shift lever.

Didn't you buy a G27 at the same time as me, August '11? Did you not keep it?
 
Financial difficulties forced me to sell it.
 
Surely we've had more "bug fixes" since then that didn't count as an actual update?

How? We only get fixes in a patch, how else can we get them?

So anyway here is what has changed.

Now possible to select “Disable collisions” in the [Event Settings] of online races.
ID’s are now shown above cars when watching online races.
Response of the clutch pedal when using the steering wheel controllers “G25 Racing Wheel”, “G27 Racing Wheel”, “T500RS” and “TH8RS” has been adjusted.
Rate of tire wear in endurance races has been slowed (excluding formula cars).
Amount of air resistance change when altering aerodynamic wing settings has been increased.
Autopilot has been adjusted to prevent colliding with the wall when exiting the pit lane on the Tsukuba circuit.
Adjusted the changes in control characteristic when altering vehicle height from standard height. (Vehicle height can be changed by adjusting ride height, either by installing a suspension kit or adjusting a full customizable suspension kit.)

The [Tire/Fuel Consumption] settings under [Event Settings] of the Online Lounge can now be set in four levels; “None”, “Normal”, “Fast”, and “Very Fast”.
The view during 3D display has been improved.
The speed of tire wear varied too greatly depending on the vehicle in some cases, and this has been balanced.
Improved the scoring method in drift trials to prevent cheating
The maximum RPM of the Honda Weider HSV-010 (SUPER GT) ’11 has been changed to 10300rpm. The engine sound has also been improved.
Fixed an issue where enemy cars were hitting the pit entrance wall when pitting in at the Twin Ring Motegi Road Course East.
Fixed an issue where fuel was not being consumed when entering an endurance race with a Prius, or when setting tires and fuel to be consumed in the online lounge. Affected cars: Toyota Prius G ’02, Toyota Prius G ’09, Toyota Prius G Touring Selection ’03, Toyota Prius Touring Car.
Fixed an issue where the online control characteristics differed from the offline characteristics.

Adjusted performance point calculations to correct an issue where the speed of cars in races with PP (Performance Point) restrictions would be matched unfairly.
Adjusted the engine sound of the Honda Weider HSV-010(Super GT) ’11.
Improved the force feedback control of the Thrustmaster TS500RS Steering wheel controller to improve steering feel. This improvement will allow more precise countersteer on dirt and while drifting.

The performance point (PP) adjustments that were made in the 2.10 update has been cancelled, and returned to the calculation method in 2.09.
The automatically selected rain tire type has been adjusted. Please note that this may change the normally recommended tire when entering the pit, and the pit timings of opponent cars during races.
Adjusted the autopilot during changing road moisture conditions.
Corrected an issue where the game would not boot after the 2.10 update in some cases.
 
The most significant change IMO is that the online physics are the same as offline physics. i.e., it no longer feels like you're driving on marbles when you play online.
 
The DFGT is still a decent wheel right, surly it's better than a DS3. I looked at the G27 but ~300 is a bit much to drop right off the back. Wanna make sure I'll actually get use so I don't have a $300 paperweight sitting on my floor. Also, not looking to gold the vettel challenges just wanna pass them.

Yeah, DFGT is definitely a good starter wheel, nothing is wrong with it; it has a good life span and very useful. I use to have a DFP worked perfectly fine but had to sell it, counter steering was damn hard. To be honest I would recommend DFGT for beginner wheel starters and people short of money but if you have enough money to buy a G27 go for it :) It's worth every penny.
 
Back