Coming from PCARS 1, so lost right now (saving setups, online lobbies)

• Thread starter twitcher
  • 13 comments
Canada
Canada
So, fired up the game, downloaded the patch, all seems ok. Checked out Classic spa and Monza, cool 👍

Went to go start working on a GTR GT3 tune, and I'm feeling really lost when it comes to saving and loading setups. I started at Portimao, made some adjustments, made a save file called NISMO GTR GT3 or something like that, the game automatically describes it as "setup for Portimao".

So, I go to Hockenheim...and the game loads my Portimao setup....ok? This is new. Do we not get 1 save file per car per track anymore?

I tried creating a new save file for the hockenheim setup, but when I went to create the new file, NISMO GTR GT3, a) it says that name is already taken, b) the setup is still described as "setup for Portimao", and I can't change that field.

Am I missing something? Have they completely redone the way you save setups for various tracks?

My next thing I'm baffled on is online lobbies. How the hell do I join one and not get disconnected? I see the "Session" heading, and the icons under it indicating what session the lobby is in...but the only success I've had was joining a lobby that was at L (guessing that stands for lobby). If I join a room in practice or quali, I get disconnected right away. The thing I don't get, I've been in qualifying sessions that started with 3 people and ended up with 16, so people are definitely joining mid qualifying....I just can't seem to be able to do it. And the lag when people join, omfg, it's like they took the lag from PC1 and doubled or tripled it.

Sorry for ranting, I'm just hella frustrated right now. I went from being really stoked, tooling around Classic spa thinking "this is going to be great," only to then find I can't figure out what should be really basic stuff.

Any help?

The name of the setups on top don't matter I think its just the save file name you need to edit then save e.g skygt3 test1 then click to save and highlight all tracks or just the track your on. But any saved track setup should show up when you click load.Its not a great vid but I did go through a lot of the options the other night and streamed it for my buds
saying all that my setups did not show up no matter what I did in the g40 jnr series @ snett 200 it reminds me of the save bug for some dlc when pc1 was out

I have to agree. I don't think they've made savings setups that much easier, even with the new UI. I'm never quite sure if I'm accidentally saving over my other setups or not. I'll persevere, I remember AC's method on console was confusing at first but worked it out in the end.

Shame they didn't have text info leading us through the process when they have it for almost everything else in the game.

Ok I think I'm starting to figure out the saving of setups now. I think my issue was I was overlooking the option to save to "all tracks" or "specific tracks". I get confused on a lot of the menues, some of the coursers seem a little unintuitive to me.

I still can't figure out online lobbies though :(. I just joined a session, in the lobby select menu it said it was in Practice, with 14 min left, then qualifying, then a race. I go through the loading screen to the track, and now I'm at a screen where I can see that there are 5 other people in the lobby, 2 of them are on track...but I can't do anything at all, except Exit Session. It says Free Practice on the top left, WAITING in a big yellow box in the middle...but I'm not seeing a session countdown clock anywhere.

Am I doing something wrong, am I missing something? Or can you seriously only join session BEFORE practice/qualifying? If so, that's going to put a massive dent in the amount of racing miles/hour of gameplay :(

Ok I think I'm starting to figure out the saving of setups now. I think my issue was I was overlooking the option to save to "all tracks" or "specific tracks". I get confused on a lot of the menues, some of the coursers seem a little unintuitive to me.

I still can't figure out online lobbies though :(. I just joined a session, in the lobby select menu it said it was in Practice, with 14 min left, then qualifying, then a race. I go through the loading screen to the track, and now I'm at a screen where I can see that there are 5 other people in the lobby, 2 of them are on track...but I can't do anything at all, except Exit Session. It says Free Practice on the top left, WAITING in a big yellow box in the middle...but I'm not seeing a session countdown clock anywhere.

Am I doing something wrong, am I missing something? Or can you seriously only join session BEFORE practice/qualifying? If so, that's going to put a massive dent in the amount of racing miles/hour of gameplay :(
I haven't even noticed the option to save to all or select tracks. You on console?

When you press save on the left you can choose all or the track that's loaded only.

You can also (re)name a setup, delete it, overwrite it.

I haven't even noticed the option to save to all or select tracks. You on console?
Ya, PS4.

In the tuning menu, give your tune a name, and a discription.

The name becomes the save file, so every name of every tune has to be different. Your also limited on characters, so get creative with how you want to organize this 🤬 show.

For mine, I put NIMSO GTR GT3 as the discription for all tunes, then started with the name Baseline.

Once it's named, go to SAVE. From here, select "SAVE TO NEW SETUP SLOT" (I haven't figured out the overwrite feature yet, it's very weird. I've just been manually overwriting things for now).

Now's when you can choose between All Tracks, and specific tracks. On the top left, you should see the heading TRACKS, in blue with a black background. Below should be All Tracks, and then the circuit you are currently at.

Highlight either All Tracks, or the specific track with the BLUE CURSER, then press X. Then move to the field on the right, and click on Create New Setup. If you have no setups saved, the field will be empty. If you have a setup already saved, you can either create a new setup, or manually overwrite and existing setup, as I mentioned before. You'll be prompted to re-enter the name of the setup before confirming to save.

If you then go to the Load Setup option, you should be able to see on the left side under TRACKS, All Tracks, and then the names of any circuits which you have saved specific setups for. Click down until on the desired location, click X, then go right to choose the specific setup.

Ya, PS4.

In the tuning menu, give your tune a name, and a discription.

The name becomes the save file, so every name of every tune has to be different. Your also limited on characters, so get creative with how you want to organize this 🤬 show.

For mine, I put NIMSO GTR GT3 as the discription for all tunes, then started with the name Baseline.

Once it's named, go to SAVE. From here, select "SAVE TO NEW SETUP SLOT" (I haven't figured out the overwrite feature yet, it's very weird. I've just been manually overwriting things for now).

Now's when you can choose between All Tracks, and specific tracks. On the top left, you should see the heading TRACKS, in blue with a black background. Below should be All Tracks, and then the circuit you are currently at.

Highlight either All Tracks, or the specific track with the BLUE CURSER, then press X. Then move to the field on the right, and click on Create New Setup. If you have no setups saved, the field will be empty. If you have a setup already saved, you can either create a new setup, or manually overwrite and existing setup, as I mentioned before. You'll be prompted to re-enter the name of the setup before confirming to save.

If you then go to the Load Setup option, you should be able to see on the left side under TRACKS, All Tracks, and then the names of any circuits which you have saved specific setups for. Click down until on the desired location, click X, then go right to choose the specific setup.
Thanks, dude. Think I've overlooked the 'save to new setup slot' option which probably didn't help at all. Will get on it later tonight. Cheers!

hmm tonight I found if you are updating a setup its best to create a new one but pick the old save slot and then overwrite it then if you restart the race
it will use the new one not revert to the old save

I think this is bugged. I have certainly had cases where changes don't seem to save.

I don't really understand why you need an all tracks option as well as a specific track setup as when you go load setup you can see all setups anyway.

For example if i go to Road America for the first time and want to load up one of my other setupsI might think Spa is kind of similar to Road America so I should navigate to Spa in the setup list.

Or is that redundant given the set up description might be a better place to show that it was my Spa setup?

I also have a problem with loading a setup.

When I get to the "Tracks" and "Setups" screen I cannot select anything under the "Tracks" option on PS4. Can anyone help?

Attachments

• 20171114_145123[1].jpg
    20171114_145123[1].jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 16
When I get to the "Tracks" and "Setups" screen I cannot select anything under the "Tracks" option on PS4. Can anyone help?
Are you by any chance on a PS4 in HDR? In that case the selection highlighting is almost impossible to see...
Turn off HDR, and you can see what is selected.

torsteinvh. Thank you for your comment. The TV option is set to "Game Mode". "HDR+" mode is an option but is not selected. However, I went back to the track/setup screen and was able to make a selection for tracks with the up/down buttons. The individual line however, does not highlight and that is what was putting me off. So this needs to be rectified (in an upcoming patch, I guess).
Thanks again.

Back