Commercials before movies...Just Stupid

  • Thread starter Thread starter Swift
  • 41 comments
  • 2,012 views
EvilToast
i'm tired of watching fanta comercialsl the girls aren't even that hot, then i remember long ago there was a comercial for some tooth paste that made no effing sense, some of you may remember the guy and the girl making out then they go to the shower and start taking their clothes off then a ****ing toothpaste picture shows up and you're sitting there saying WTF? this is sad now.

Sadly this seems to have bled into the actual movies themselves. Movies being pumped out today are for idiots. Honestly. Anyone think that we're making better movies than ever before? The pinnacle of modern movie making is the Dukes of Hazzard? Wedding Crashers? Star Wars 6? Charlie and the Chcolate fatory? There's not a single original thought left in the Hollywood corporate structure.

Movies today are made to make money. Period. Why else would they subject you to nearly 30 minutes of commercials? The bottom line, and not the product are what count today. Anyone who runs out to see these remakes and sequels within the first two weeks is supporting this too.
 
the worst part of this is that even if you show up to the movie 15-20 mins after its supposed to start you still pay for the movie at that time, hence the movie industry doesn't get the message that we dont wanna see this crap at the movies, its an ingenious yet annyong strategy, as long as X people have bought X tickets to see a movie it doesn't matter if they skipped the commercials, the money is still revenued.
 
You know, I don't mind if the ads are cinema-only ads. I'd quite enjoy seeing the original thinking, the use of the superior technology. Gordons' (the Gin maker) used to be exceptional at cinema-only ads.

But now they're just re-runs of the ones you see all the damn time on TV, and I've had enough of them.

That said, I don't really get to go to the cinema any more anyway.
 
Wow I have no idea what you guys are talking about?:indiff: Everytime I go to the movies, I never even notice any commercials, just trailers. And that trivia before a movie. Even with the Hindi movies I go to see, no real commercials. And I usually just keep talking during the trailers anyway. Or I use the time during trailers to go get something to eat.


I know Canada has a bunch more advertising laws then america does, maybe that has something to do with it?
 
GilesGuthrie
You know, I don't mind if the ads are cinema-only ads. I'd quite enjoy seeing the original thinking, the use of the superior technology. Gordons' (the Gin maker) used to be exceptional at cinema-only ads.

But now they're just re-runs of the ones you see all the damn time on TV, and I've had enough of them.

That said, I don't really get to go to the cinema any more anyway.
That's true. I must admit, there were few cinema-only commercials that were bit unique. It almost had those "Super Bowl Commercials" quality to them(little bit).
 
Actually, there's something more insidious that than ads in the theaters: Advertisements in the DVDs!

Yes, there are a few movies out there that force you to watch ad before the movie from the moment you close the tray. The "menu" button is temporarily of no use.

I'm not exactly thrilled with the idea if you've rented the movie already, but if you own the movie, forcing you to watch the advertisements before the move...that's just evil, evil, evil!

These are the same types of people who'd love to make the State of Liberty hold a billboard.
 
pupik
Actually, there's something more insidious that than ads in the theaters: Advertisements in the DVDs!

Yes, there are a few movies out there that force you to watch ad before the movie from the moment you close the tray. The "menu" button is temporarily of no use.

I'm not exactly thrilled with the idea if you've rented the movie already, but if you own the movie, forcing you to watch the advertisements before the move...that's just evil, evil, evil!

These are the same types of people who'd love to make the State of Liberty hold a billboard.
I get upset when it won't let me skip over the FBI/INTERPOL Warnings and stupid production company logos! If they start putting in stupid commercials too, I'm going back to reading books. :grumpy:
 
a6m5
I get upset when it won't let me skip over the FBI/INTERPOL Warnings and stupid production company logos! If they start putting in stupid commercials too, I'm going back to reading books. :grumpy:

So far Shrek 2 is the worst DVD ever for this. You HAVE to watch the preview for Shark Tale and Madagascar. you have to. You can fast forward, but you can't completely skip it. Man, that really, really urked me.
 
Swift
So far Shrek 2 is the worst DVD ever for this. You HAVE to watch the preview for Shark Tale and Madagascar. you have to. You can fast forward, but you can't completely skip it. Man, that really, really urked me.
Lots of DVDs do that now. I agree with you, but those are some of the minor ones. I usually just tap the fast-forward, like three times for the fastest scanning speed. Takes just couple of seconds.
 
Well ive never been a big fan of going to the cinema, due to the quality of the picture being poor, sound being poor & prices being too high. as far as the adverts go ive never experianced this like some of you have, 30 mins of adverts is taking the p*ss a bit.

Ive also experianced the too loud sound at the cinema, we were watching HERO and in some of the fight scenes the sound of the swoards moving through the air sent a very high pich squeel over the system and evryone in the audience winced at it, this happend about 5 times through the movie, but what took the p*ss the most was the voices of the people were hard to hear.
 
Commercials SUCK! There is a FANTA commercial I see before every movie I watch at every theatre. Very, very annoying! Totally nerve racking!
 
BlackZ28
Commercials SUCK! There is a FANTA commercial I see before every movie I watch at every theatre. Very, very annoying! Totally nerve racking!
I hate the Fantanas they're not even hot. :yuck:
 
Back