Communication lacking?

• Thread starter Brn_Space
  • 27 comments
United States
United States
After playing from release a serious observation. ..

Now that I've played consistently in sr A and S as well as dr C or better. Its becoming clear a lot of the same names frfrequent appear in the region you play as well as time of day ... Yet no communication before a race, or after not even in the 8 min between races depending on the race layout.

Have they miseed important features when it comes to in game chat, whether voice or text, or was it designed this way to avoid feuds on a personal level

It seems very isolated in communication yet I see the same names over and over

Any thoughts?

I think it's good as it is
Voice chat in Sport mode is never gonna end well. Trust me. In lobbies the lack of VC is an issue that needs to be fixed, but in Sport mode? No thanks

There's in-game chat- it's just that the PS4 keyboard is too clunky to type in, especially if you're only given a minute to do so. If you see someone frequently then a friend request won't hurt :)

I always have an USB keyboard plugged in. I absolutely hate voice chat in every game, miss me with 12yo morons screaming around :dunce: If I want to talk I set up a party with some friends, even tho that sometimes distracts you quite a bit and causes issues. Not a good idea in a FIA qualifying, @audi5C :lol:

This. I played Fifa the other evening and remembered how annoying it is having to listen to someone else's voice/music/dog/baby whilst trying to play a game.

When i used to play FIFA (when it was good back on 13) on pro clubs. The high pitched noises of kids used to take the cake

Last edited:
Not so much during the race but some type of collective in game chat text for upcoming daily races.

After you set a top 3-8 qualify lap In my case and the warm up is about worthless .... Then I think why not another button for lobby chat based upon the sr/Dr status

.....therefore you are most likely interacting with those you will be Racing in a,b,c daily

Why do you think I quit?

Might quit this soon because the 17-30 generation keep beating me.
:P
Not so much during the race but some type of collective in game chat text for upcoming daily races.

After you set a top 3-8 qualify lap In my case and the warm up is about worthless .... Then I think why not another button for lobby chat based upon the sr/Dr status

.....therefore you are most likely interacting with those you will be Racing in a,b,c daily
DR/SR status won't really matter for VC. If you want to chat during warmup, do what @Nuschel01 does and plug a USB keyboard in :)
Oh, there's also preset messages that are quite handy

No one speaks there is 0 conversation. Before or after the race yet 50% of the people I've seen before at the Dr B+ and sr A/S is my point...

It would be nice to chat however small just some dialog in between races because often there is 10 mins... After a qualify lap you are content with where I guess you wash dishe's, make a sandwich, and of course grab a beer.... But a little banter with the same ppl you just raced or are going to race would be nice.

There has to be a way without VC to make it more viable

Like I said, despite the clunky keyboard the PS4 offers when you use the controller for the keyboard, the game gives you a lot of preset messages so you can have quick messages on the go. If you want to type faster, a USB keyboard is a viable option.

However, don't expect people to reply back to you. If you plan on chatting during the 10-minute qualifying session, you might be the only one who'll be idle after 5 minutes or so. Everyone else would still be at the track setting faster times. Now that qualifying also has fuel weight and tire wear, expect faster times near the end of the quali session when the cars are lighter, so that's all the more incentive for people to keep themselves at the track for the whole session.

The problem isn't the game; it's the competitive mindset that allows no time for chat or banter save for the minute the game gives you while preparing for the race (which is the point of Sport mode). Like as said before, send them a friend request instead :)

Agree with Alph

Alph?

alf.png

Unless its one crying because you sniped him good on GTA :sly:

The lack of VC is probably a good thing though not just for me but everybody else, Being from the north of England expletives are part of my daily vocabulary :lol:

Being a Scot fae Dundee I'm also prone to the odd expletive as part of my daily racing experience, esp when I'm being crashed into...

Back