Communication PD-players

• Thread starter Coiler
  • 19 comments
Belgium
mount doom
coilerdh
no.no.
Playing the open beta last week I noticed lots of notifications from the development team. I had the feeling nearly like there was a live person in the command centre informing us what's going on. (even the very bad server connections on Thursday were less painful when they said they are working on it)

The same rise of activity we can see with Kaz's Twitter account.

I hope that its the new standard and maybe finally they have person taking car of communicating with players.

What's your idea on this guys do you actually care at all?

Well, this isn't exactly the same thing, but back when RuneScape was first starting out, Jagex Ltd. had a team dedicated to staying "close" to their players, and it ended up being a great help since the game had liftoff in the early 2000s. The problem was over time the amount of players became too much and they could no longer stay close, so listening to what the loyalest fans wanted was near impossible, hence its steady decline for such a long time.

I think it's great that they're becoming more active, it will surely be a long-term help if they keep it up/improve it. One thing I would like to see added is if they plan on releasing DLC cars / tracks, there should be an option to vote for whichever ones we want first, whether it be from an official Polyphony Digital in game poll, or a simple twitter poll.

Yes I care absolutely. Having information in game about bugfixes and other official statements is great. I worked for a gaming company and had to write (and translate) texts, patch notes and official announcements for our communities and it's pretty clear the impact it has on the player base. Complete silence is never good imo.

On that note, PD (yes, PD, not Sony) was looking for a Community Manager a few months ago. Maybe it's related to that. I'm expecting an increase in communication.

I found the notifications to be very helpful at times eg. my save game wouldn't work (error code) but it came across in notifications to just change car in the garage so auto-save kicked in, problem solved. 👍

I found the notifications to be very helpful at times eg. my save game wouldn't work (error code) but it came across in notifications to just change car in the garage so auto-save kicked in, problem solved. 👍
That's my idea. Since GT Sport relays so much on Online there should be a live maintenance-help team again like in Destiny.

It was awesome seeing updated "Known issues" articles every day, and the activity of Kaz, answering everyone's questions on twitter. I hope they keep it up.
He did? Why didn't I re-ask the question he's yet to answer.. Might PM him later then.

I don't really consider a communication on Twitter or Facebook as really meaningful direct and specific issue based communication for players. It is a bare, bare minimum these days and I consider it mainly a place to do some marketing and to make broad announcements that apply to the entire fanbase rather than addressing specific concerns. What I would like to see is something that other developers in this genre have done which is to create a dedicated forum and have various members of the development team communicating directly with the players. Based on the beta and the free demo we can already see that there are numerous issues with the game and many and it would be nice to communicate directly with people about that rather than to be drip-fed marketing and generalizations through Twitter.

Yes I care absolutely. Having information in game about bugfixes and other official statements is great. I worked for a gaming company and had to write (and translate) texts, patch notes and official announcements for our communities and it's pretty clear the impact it has on the player base. Complete silence is never good imo.

On that note, PD (yes, PD, not Sony) was looking for a Community Manager a few months ago. Maybe it's related to that. I'm expecting an increase in communication.

That's my idea. Since GT Sport relays so much on Online there should be a live maintenance-help team again like in Destiny.

You two played GT5 or 6?

You two played GT5 or 6?

Played all of them. The info was not easily accessible as it is in GTS. I also mentioned the fact of the CoMa. That can mean PD are open to have a community of their own or work closer to the existing ones (like GTP obviously).

Well, this isn't exactly the same thing, but back when RuneScape was first starting out, Jagex Ltd. had a team dedicated to staying "close" to their players, and it ended up being a great help since the game had liftoff in the early 2000s. The problem was over time the amount of players became too much and they could no longer stay close, so listening to what the loyalest fans wanted was near impossible, hence its steady decline for such a long time.

I think it's great that they're becoming more active, it will surely be a long-term help if they keep it up/improve it. One thing I would like to see added is if they plan on releasing DLC cars / tracks, there should be an option to vote for whichever ones we want first, whether it be from an official Polyphony Digital in game poll, or a simple twitter poll.
Have you seen osrs(old-school runescape)? The jmods have kept in close communication with the community on reddit/Twitter since it's conception back in 2013. It uses A polling system for each and every one of its update and the community essentially runs the game. A dev team can be very close to its community it just has to do it right.

Have you seen osrs(old-school runescape)? The jmods have kept in close communication with the community on reddit/Twitter since it's conception back in 2013. It uses A polling system for each and every one of its update and the community essentially runs the game. A dev team can be very close to its community it just has to do it right.
I'm well aware of osrs's team. I was merely referring to RS's history as a game from their official documentary.

But yes, when the community makes the decisions for a game, that's when you know it's a success.

Back