Community ideas to Turn 10

• Thread starter Spagetti69
  • 27 comments

Spagetti69

Is not my real name.
Premium
GTP_Spag69
spagetti69
We haven't yet got a thread for feedback to the developers for the continual and future support of Forza 4.
We have at least two years to enjoy this product so let's try and come up with some constructive improvements and ideas.

I know T10 are probably busy right now with important issues that need addressing. When the game is settled and most major glitches sorted I would like to offer some thoughts and ideas.

1. Cool wall.

Basically the same as the show.
Each week T10 offer up a car from the game for the community to vote on.
Sub-zero | Cool | Un-cool | Seriously Un-cool |.

Build up a T10 cool wall. Not important but some fun for all.
Who know's, maybe someone with a bit more savvy than me might run something similar right here on our forums.

2. Local leaderboard.

I know this doesn't seem popular at T10.
I for one would only request one board for the top gear test track.
Have my own offline board where I could create my own version with stock cars of my choice.

End of rambling.

Thanks for a great game. (which I don't even own yet).

An offline leaderboard or ten would definitely be a welcome addition.

You can probably do this.. I just don't know how :)
I'd like to see the ability to have your own top gear lap board..

So I take lots of stock cars on the tgt and see how fast I can get them to go.. (aka I play the stig, sounds like your option 2)

But really before they add new features, I'd really like to see them fix the triple screen issues:

so custom paints for my car show up in all screens
I can see past the head restraints in touring cars
I can see ghosts I race in the side screens (they just vanish)
I can apply a Custom design without having to reboot the game twice!
The side screens don't loose there fov settings during a race
the side screens don't loose the time of day settings etc..
Side screens hang if the online race starts because somebody wasn't ready! (three xbox reboot required!)

other issues:
rear mirrors on some cars get reversed..

ohh can we tune a car from the lobby in online racing or select a preset tune?
don't mind if it's an option whilst selecting a car.

Forza 4 is miles better to drive than forza3 but this stuff worked in forza 3!

Features wise I don't think Turn 10 are looking to add anything for this game. They never have in the past IIRC. Can't say I blame them with the two year release schedule, it's time better spent on working on the new game rather than developing and possibly patching fixes for those things in the current title in the short time they have.

So if were talking about the new game I'd like to see..

1. Cars locked to their correct gearbox i.e no selecting manual w/clutch in a 458 italia
1a. Realistic Autoboxes (rather than a manual box shifting automatically)
2. Properly treated Drag strips or Drag tyres that have more realistic launch properties
3. The ability to turn off symmetrical suspension tuning
4. More in-depth Differential tuning maps
5. The ability to tune Max steering lock
6. The ability to tune helper springs on coilover/race suspension
7. The ability to tune fast & slow rebound & bump on coilover/race suspension
8. Brake vent tuning on race cars
9. Over-heating brakes (with sim damage on)
10. The Autocross layouts from Forza 1
11. More choice of tyre compounds (Hard, medium, soft) for each tyre type (street, race etc)
11.a Or give us separate fuel & tyre consumption and wear multiplier sliders
12. Steering animations larger than 270°
12a. Option to remove steering wheel and driver from in-car view (visible in replays)
13. More options in the multi-player lobby restrictions
13a. i.e Forza Aero [yes/no], Slick tyres allowed [yes/no] etc.
13b. Multiple categorizing of car type/bodystlye, ie some hatchbacks not listed as such and as city cars instead. Allow city car & hatchback
13c. Allow all sixteen cars to be scored individually when rolling off under point-to-point rules (currently only groups of four or four groups of one)
13d. Restrict most difficult assist i.e Hardest steering allowed [Normal]
14. Sticky track sections switchable to [off/on] (when off, times set will not record to leaderboard)
15. Revised damage model
15a. Aero damage to be repaired in pits
15b. Mass engine damage not repairable
16. Advance pitstop selection, i.e fix aero [yes/no] add fuel [no/amount slider] Tyres [No/type]
17. Timed races should show lap times as well as distance
18. Show split times difference compared to last lap and best
18a. Proper end-of-race lap time evaluation, not just fastest lap, but times for all laps shown
19. Engine damage should occur from excessive use of hitting the rev limiter (ala Forza 1, but not as extreme)
20. Bring Split screen drag racing back (ala Forza 3)
21. Street cars with adjustable aero should be adjustable (i.e R33, R34 skyline)
22. Cars with electronically controlled Diffs and suspension should be modeled in game. (skylines, MP4-12c etc).
23. Traction control should be adjustable of cars that have the option to do so.
24. Traction control should only be upgrade option for cars made without traction control.
25. The glare/bloom on Laguna Seca is too much in some cars
26. Allow the painting of stock wheels
27. More manufacturer wheel options (since adjusting the OEM wheel size was removed ala FM1)
27a. Just an updated Wheel Catalouge in general
28. User adjustable seat positioning, [up/down/forward/back] (with memory for each car you own)
29. Corner ballast as an tuning option
30. Ability to send/gift saved lobby settings (for league organizers etc)
31. Convince Microsoft to allow us to use multiple controllers for menu or on track use
32. The ability to save starting fuel load in a tune
33. Find a way to bring back lobby tuning without it hurting the game.
34. Option to turn off the ghost in rivals mode
35. Allow us to make lobby points visible in custom lobbies
36. Slightly more sensitive suspension damage model
37. Livery editor for window banners front/rear and rear side windows for all cars.
38. The ability to join a lobby from the pit lane
38a. The ability to change car without leaving the lobby
38b. Free practice/qualify sessions and ability for host (and/or vote) to start race from the track
38c. The Ability for host (and/or vote)to restart race from track.
39. Free button assignment for all controllers
40. The lap limit to be multiplied (from 50 max) in custom lobbies
40a. Timed race length to be upped from 4 hours to 24 in custom lobbies
41. Matte Paint for all cars
42. FWD/RWD/AWD leaderboard filter
43. Ghost option for lapped cars
44. Larger garage limit
45. Multiple cars in homespace
45a. More homespace locations
45b. More animations in homespace (moving grass is nice)
46. Bring back rolling starts as an option (ala Forza 1)
47..... all out for now

1. Cars locked to their correct gearbox i.e no selecting manual w/clutch in a 458 italia
I dunno about this, since there are people who don't want to use a manual or use an automatic. Sure it would be realistic, but I prefer to drive all my vehicles with manual regardless of whether they came that way.
26. Allow the painting of stock wheels
Hell yes! I have no idea why this isn't already possible, unless there's some programming code that prevents this.
27. More manufacturer wheel options (since adjusting the OEM wheel size was removed ala FM1)
Definitely.

We haven't yet got a thread for feedback to the developers for the continual and future support of Forza 4.
We have at least two years to enjoy this product so let's try and come up with some constructive improvements and ideas.

I know T10 are probably busy right now with important issues that need addressing. When the game is settled and most major glitches sorted I would like to offer some thoughts and ideas.

1. Cool wall.

Basically the same as the show.
Each week T10 offer up a car from the game for the community to vote on.
Sub-zero | Cool | Un-cool | Seriously Un-cool |.

Build up a T10 cool wall. Not important but some fun for all.
Who know's, maybe someone with a bit more savvy than me might run something similar right here on our forums.

2. Local leaderboard.

I know this doesn't seem popular at T10.
I for one would only request one board for the top gear test track.
Have my own offline board where I could create my own version with stock cars of my choice.

Its clear that this thread might be obselete for some time to come as Forza 4 has not even finished with this season addition of cars. So how can they have the time to consider any of these any time soon which you clearly admitted.
End of rambling.

Thank god for that, the earlier the better. :rolleyes:

Thanks for a great game. (which I don't even own yet).

Never thought a statement could be oxymoronic and contridictory at the same time but anywhoo. :rolleyes:

Don't feed into it. If he continues down the path he's on, he'll be dealt with accordingly.

Ignore his posts or report them (preferably the latter if warranted) in the meantime.

Sorry T.

I don't know the guy. I only posted this thread up ages ago and totally forgot about it TBH.
Every other forum I know has some sort off improvement or ideas thread.

Having my arm in a plaster cast for 6 weeks doesn't help either lol.

It's almost as if there's a lot of sun in the desert.

It's as almost as if you were being sarcastic.

It's funny that the problem is the most evident in cars with a sun strip designed to block glare. i.e GT and LMP cars. Lets also forget the fact that in those situations drivers wear helmets with tinted visors so they can actually see where they're going, silly drivers for wanting to see the apexes and going prepared.

cool wall is so unoriginal to be frank. Thats just a straight rip off from Top Gear ( in terms of ideas). Do you want the next Forza to be Top Gear the game? I will say no. No more top gear content.

Also lap tomes in both GT5 and FM4 on the TGTT are veyr unrealistic. Until a realistic version is created most of the fun in beating your celebrities will be gone.

Also lap tomes in both GT5 and FM4 on the TGTT are veyr unrealistic. Until a realistic version is created most of the fun in beating your celebrities will be gone.

maybe for you pal.
I want to compare my own times in various cars not against real life.

Where are your ideas?

I dunno about this, since there are people who don't want to use a manual or use an automatic. Sure it would be realistic, but I prefer to drive all my vehicles with manual regardless of whether they came that way.
I liked the solution in Enthusia -- there were "manual" cars and "automatic" cars. Manual cars had the option of Shift Assist, which acted like typical "videogame automatic," or Manual (with an optional clutch button, sorta like FM4).

Automatic cars were typically models ONLY available with an automatic (eg. Mercedes-McLaren SLR), and actually behaved like they had torque converters. You had the option of choosing gears yourself with Semiautomatic (complete with instantaneous slushy shifts), or you could drive Automatic, which mimicked a real automatic transmission, though not quite as economical (not as eager to short shift).

A system like that would also address I'm Motarded's point 1a. :)

I liked the solution in Enthusia -- there were "manual" cars and "automatic" cars. Manual cars had the option of Shift Assist, which acted like typical "videogame automatic," or Manual (with an optional clutch button, sorta like FM4).

Automatic cars were typically models ONLY available with an automatic (eg. Mercedes-McLaren SLR), and actually behaved like they had torque converters. You had the option of choosing gears yourself with Semiautomatic (complete with instantaneous slushy shifts), or you could drive Automatic, which mimicked a real automatic transmission, though not quite as economical (not as eager to short shift).

A system like that would also address I'm Motarded's point 1a. :)

This sounds perfect. Kudos to you sir :bowdown:
For everything else you'd have the option to upgrade the gearbox as usual for forza. Maybe even add some automatic transmission upgrades into the mix too.

I believe such a system could help to make the leaderboards more reflective of real world driving skills. I think it's ridiculous that I can set top 100 times with an auto transmission. Manual drivers should be rewarded for their greater skill.

I believe such a system could help to make the leaderboards more reflective of real world driving skills. I think it's ridiculous that I can set top 100 times with an auto transmission. Manual drivers should be rewarded for their greater skill.

so are you for or against?

IMO there isn't any more real skill involved in pressing two buttons together at the same time on a controller with one finger ie the gear button and clutch button. That is as easy as pressing just the gear button alone, yet the previous method is how most number 1 times are set.

Manual drivers using a clutch pedal aren't rewarded for anything on the fm3 or fm4 leaderboards unless they modify deadzones, except maybe a little more realism. It's also silly to suggest all the lap records for cars around the (real) world are nullified because they used a semi-automatic/sequential gearbox equipped car.

so are you for or against?

IMO there isn't any more real skill involved in pressing two buttons together at the same time on a controller with one finger ie the gear button and clutch button. That is as easy as pressing just the gear button alone, yet the previous method is how most number 1 times are set.
I'm not against this even though I'd be disadvantaged. I'm trying to take the high road.

Manual drivers using a clutch pedal aren't rewarded for anything on the fm3 or fm4 leaderboards unless they modify deadzones, except maybe a little more realism. It's also silly to suggest all the lap records for cars around the (real) world are nullified because they used a semi-automatic/sequential gearbox equipped car.
I don't quite understand why you're talking about semi automatic drivers while I was talking about fully automatic ones like me who haven't touched a gear button since we started Forza 4. This makes a big difference to the amount of concentration needed to run a lap - at no time did I suggest that driving a semi-automatic or sequential gearbox car shouldn't count. I just feel it takes more skill to gear shift at the correct time.

Ok, Mikey. I got the wrong end of the stick. I think it's impressive you can set a top 100 time with forza auto with such a terrible auto system. That shows much skill in your part, and maybe a lack of skill of the people using manual in that specific leaderboard 100.

If were being real, most of the drag leaderboard topping times should be set using tuned automatic boxes with manual shifts. If auto boxes could be tuned fully you may find you wouldn't be at much of a disadvantage, I don't think anyone would be except the ones that don't take the time to tune.

Anyhow on to more suggestions....

47. Heads ups displays
47a. Visible windscreens for the heads up displays, complete with visible damage
47b. Visible dirt build up with washers and wipers for the windscreens
48. Live track with dynamic rubber build-up on and off the racing line
48a. Grip loss for dirty tyres (after off track excursions)
48b. Dirt (mud, grass, sand & gravel) brought on to the track from dirty tyres with grip loss on contact for clean tyres
48c. Dynamic drying line if track is wet (grip increased on this line) and the continuing on to condition #48
49. More sound effects for race cars and cars with max weight reduction. i.e gravel and stones bouncing off floor pan/wheel archers, louder exhaust resonance etc.

No problem Motard sir, I think I may have been proferring the wrong end of the gearstick in the first place but the tuners on Forza Storefront deserve most of the credit for my times. They are automotive geniuses.

Forza already displays relevant info in a floating overlay on the screen so by HUD are you referring to windscreen projected information? That would be suitably next gen and immersive.

I agree the sound could be improved even further with more spatial separation of the various elements for example. Shift tried to capture the shingle being thrown up against your car underside but it tended to sound like driving through an invisible herd of geese or overtaking a phantom horse and cart via my two channel sound setup. I'm sure Nick Wiswell could do a pretty decent pebbling effect were the next Forza's focus more orientated towards sweating the little details.

Forza already displays relevant info in a floating overlay on the screen so by HUD are you referring to windscreen projected information? That would be suitably next gen and immersive.

Yeah, like the current corvettes. I agree the shingles sound effects could be easy to over do. Maybe tie it into how 'green' the track is (#48) the more clean the track and line becomes, the less chance of the sound effect.

50. Engine Autovista with tuning ,:dopey: although with so many engines this could be asking too much. :lol: I'd be fine with a generic V8, I6, H4 etc as I'm sure a lot of tuners would if it came with this amount of tuning scope and detail.

Now with IBL :bowdown: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7dGLd79Ckw

I've been keeping an eye on Automation. Glad to see it's still coming along!

This sounds perfect. Kudos to you sir :bowdown:
For everything else you'd have the option to upgrade the gearbox as usual for forza. Maybe even add some automatic transmission upgrades into the mix too.
Automatic transmission upgrades would be a neat detail. This game is still the only one I'm aware of that simulates a torque converter transmission:

I'd like an expanded Garage feature and Personal leaderboard, in game or in My Forza.

i.e

I'd like to be able to go to a track garage on my forza or in game and see my best lap times in all my cars for the current track (my own leaderboards per track!).

I'd like to be able to assign car tunes to my personal track garage..

turn up at a track and my tunes and car's for that track are in the track garage (pit garage).

And can we get some kind of net connection so we can wire up full motion rigs to an Xbox.. or perhaps since fanatec is the official Forza Wheel.. you could make the LED functional in some form.. Speed and Gear with Gear flash on shift?

I think it would be great to be able to utilize the Autovista mode both in your garage as well as when purchasing the vehicles.

Also, I really wish they would either scrap the unicorns, or make them special painted versions of expensive cars that you could still buy the regular versions of in the game if you had the credits.

I want to make the turn 10 the option to Dodge Ram SRT 10 is a plastic cow in the back of the truck, as in this video

Make a fm5 so that each machine had a "chip" own feature, for example by pressing RB each machine worked something.
such a Range Rover would change ride height air suspension .... have some old JDM cars, retractable radio antenna
a cabriolet folding roof, the easiest would open car window .. Challenger would be shut down on the rear brake, as in real life to make a burnout smoke

I think turn10 should encourage players to use as many different cars. The game 700 cars and have the player drove them all.Still need to stimulate the drive to the standard settings the car online

Back