Community Sharing Features Improvements Thread

• Thread starter HarVee
  • 21 comments
United States
somewhere near Trial Mountain
oldbusanubis
I didn't know what to call this thread, I also don't know if a thread like this has been posted before, but I thought it was a good idea. So, let's discuss the community sharing features and what you would like to see improved or changed from GTS.

What I'd really like to see changed is the ability to manage comments. I find it a bit of a hassle to have to report offensive or obscure comments which then take days to see Sony respond, sometimes they don't even respond. This might've done this way in GTS to prevent abuse, but most anything can be abused when given the chance so I think it would be much more beneficial to the community if players could manage the comments on their uploads. Including being able to delete comments and edit your own comments too.

Second thing I'd like to see is an ability to 'update' uploads. It is very often that I find myself updating my liveries to make fixes or general changes to certain things and I find it annoying and quite a hassle to have to upload my changes to an entirely new upload entry. If I were given the ability to update my uploads without having to make a new upload entry, it would cut down on redundancy.

What about you? What are a few things you'd like to see changed for GT7?

Something has to be done regarding share-for-shares/like-for-likes cliques like ICRT/SDRT.

Comments in question:
This community has gone so downhill there is no way back. Why is it only me and a few others that know the truth about what's going on in this community? Discover page comment and L&R spamming is the easiest way to gain a mass following, which is the most insincere thing about this whole community.

Why don't people understand that Support4Support does not work? It dilutes the activity feed into a mediocre haze and prevents genuine content creators any credibility. Why can't you just earn your followers naturally? Spam makes your fanbase in-genuine.

You sit all day spamming the Discover page for followers. It creates fallacy and falsehood. If you go on a pic and say "Nice work top" but don't actually mean it then what is the point other than for your own benefit? Leaving your virtual footprint for others to see is solely for your own benefit, NOT the creators benefit. No wonder talented artists have left GT Sport.

Spam is superficial; the higher the amount of followers you have shows how much insincerity you are willing to spread to others. People have 30 days logged on to GT Sport and have amassed over 700 followers due to spam. It shows how desperate people crave for fame and attention.

In conclusion, and I say this to my true friends; an ordinary observer is worth more substance than a spammer giving you the world.

Last edited:
Comments in question:

Hmm. I'm wondering what could be done about that though? I'm not sure that PD/Sony can really stop people from using those tags. I do agree that some uploads do seem rushed or lack passion, created simply for the likes but these uploads I simply try to avoid. I've got 590 followers at the moment and it was all built being genuine with my comments and uploads. I can say the only time I've put non genuine likes on uploads was when I started out and I needed to get those mileage points from the achievements, but once I got them I stopped in genuinely liking things.

There’s gotta be a better way to find liveries online. The search function is one of the most unintuitive and backward I’ve ever used in a racing game

This I definitely agree with. I think the ability to filter content when in someone's or even your own gallery would be a nice addition. Say filter by upload date, likes, shares, etc.

One thing I noticed was that when you search in GTS you have broken buttons. What I mean by that is up top you can see that you should be able to change the page with the R1/L1 but when pressed they do nothing leaving you to have to go down to the 'Older Content' button. This needs to be fixed in my opinion.

Last edited:
There’s gotta be a better way to find liveries online. The search function is one of the most unintuitive and backward I’ve ever used in a racing game

This I definitely agree with. I think the ability to filter content when in someone's or even your own gallery would be a nice addition. Say filter by upload date, likes, shares, etc.

One thing I noticed was that when you search in GTS you have broken buttons. What I mean by that is up top you can see that you should be able to change the page with the R1/L1 but when pressed they do nothing leaving you to have to go down to the 'Older Content' button. This needs to be fixed in my opinion.
There is. It just wasn't made by PD.

https://gts.gt-beginners.net/livery/?lang=us

One thing I don't like about the livery editor is that all the decals you download are ordered by date uploaded, not date saved. It is incredibly annoying when you collect decals for a livery and you have to scroll down to find them. The fact that you cannot filter, order or sort the decals you save is stupid. You should be able to order them by name, type, colour, downloads, likes or tags. You should also be able to change the livery of a car in the pre-race screen or in a lobby, because it's incredibly frustrating to go into the garage and do it.

1. The ability for creators to seamlessly 'update' their creations they shared without needing to delete the old, and reuploading it. Not only that, but the players who downloaded the creations should have the things they downloaded updated automatically without them needing to download it.

2. A new search engine that allows you to search the title of the creations you are looking for, and also the ability to search for creators profiles by typing in their gamertag.

Agreeing heavily with this. Jesus christ, the amount of random and irrelevant lowest common denominator trash being posted and reposted is quite bizarre. I don’t mean to come off as an arse here but can someone please tell me what is attractive with this gallery and life log? I have NEVER followed this person yet his or her content is flooding my activity feed because of the reposting spam. How 12,000 people are following that is complete and utter madness. Regrettably some talented livery creators and photographers I follow repost these things and if they didn’t create some really good stuff themselves I would’ve already unfollowed them.

In summary, please give us the option to completely ignore the activity and shared content of players if we desire. Some kind of filter options for the activity feed would be quite helpful as well.

Last edited:
I've had that guy comment and repost a few of my photos. I actually am following him apparently though I never check his gallery. What's weird about the reposts is that even with such a large follower count that guy has it didn't boost my content. So I must create some very poor quality stuff. :confused:

By the way, what exactly does GTSAH mean? I've been seeing that tag a lot usually on content I don't really care for.

Last edited:
I've had that guy comment and repost a few of my photos. I actually am following him apparently though I never check his gallery. What's weird about the reposts is that even with such a large follower count that guy has it didn't boost my content. So I must create some very poor quality stuff. :confused:

By the way, what exactly does GTSAH mean? I've been seeing that tag a lot usually on content I don't really care for.
I think the reason the reposts coming from him not generating any (or very little) activity for whoever gets reposted is due to the very, very high amount of reposts. The stuff is just flying by through people’s feeds very quickly, essentially rendering many of these reposts done for people with a much lower following quite useless. And, it’s self-advertising of course. “Oh wow, this 12k dude reposted my stuff?! THX, I’ll follow/repost in return.” is probably and unfortunately the reaction of many on the receiving end.

Another really annoying thing are the many copy and pasted lame comments people post for self-advertising. How pathetic can one become? I mean, who hasn’t seen someone say some silly crap like “AMAZING SPECTACULAR PHOTO L+R” on photos that are far from amazing or spectacular. Yeah, yeah, opinions differ but there is stuff which is objectively poor getting called amazing. Come on, man...

Just doing some searching for GTSAH, I believe it means GT Sport Art Hub. I very much agree with you about content tagged with said tag.

There are some great ideas here. And I'm sad to learn that some of the comments I've received for my liveries are disingenuous. :(

If I update a livery and delete the old one, does the deleted livery disappear from the person who downloaded it's collection?

If you like to add license plates on road cars and they have some sort of livery on them already, such as Dodge Viper with stripes, GTR Nismo with red lines etc, but you'd like to leave these liveries on while adding the license plates, you can't. The liveries dissappear right after you choose to add decals. It would be nice if there was an option to leave original liveries on, while still being able to add decals.

If I update a livery and delete the old one, does the deleted livery disappear from the person who downloaded it's collection?
This I'm not sure of. I would assume that the answer is no, but It might be yes because I thought I downloaded over 20 liveries for the R32 and yet I now only have 1 available. I wonder if someone can clarify?

I do know that if you delete a decal an try to edit a livery that has it the decal will disappear and a message will display about it.

Last edited:
I think there ought to be a skin system, so we can have official liveries we can apply - such as those from the FIAGTC Nations Cup - rather than relying on a fan-made recreation.

And I swear, if I see another Paul Walker R34 or another NFS Most Wanted E46...

Last edited:
We need a community region based battle mode with car clubs of X amount of drivers within each region. And also have single player online events that contribute to your region. Like special licence tests for the week with online leaderboards. Or special mission races that add to your regions xp level. And the best players from each region go in to a monthly show down and/or get unique upgrades or cars for the month/season. Basically they need to add community features that lead to cooperation for the Common good and have a loot system within to keep everyone engaged. The Daily car was a step in the right direction but they need to expand it and make it more community based and also let the people who contributed more get better loot. Basically make a modern game this time and make it online as well. I wish PD would listen to us fans who have been playing since part 1 and just make a good game again.

Last edited:
I think there ought to be a skin system, so we can have official liveries we can apply - such as those from the FIAGTC Nations Cup - rather than relying on a fan-made recreation.

And I swear, if I see another Paul Walker R34 or another NFS Most Wanted E46...
I actually had an idea for stuff like live Nations Cup/GT League AI liveries to be sold as Mileage Exchange items (assuming MiEx returns to GT7).

I would definitely say there are some improvements needed to the community system in Gran Turismo.

I won't mention the likes/spam reposting since that's already been documented but one of the reasons I stopped sharing or doing any livery work in GT Sport is because I know my content has no chance of getting recognised so I think in the first instance the system needs an overhaul.

For me I think it should use the GT6 model where we can see the persons work but we cannot comment or repost but can give it a genuine like/dislike.

My second though is that following/being followed should be managed by the player not the game so if you have someone who has caused 'issues' and they subsequently starting posting negative comments etc (avoided by my thoughts above) this means that it takes time to resolve so we should be able to manage our followers.

The search as documented needs much improvement, personally I think we should be able to go and select the individual day and then the genre type of livery we want to look for along with any tags, this would greatly improve results.

The limitation on the amount of designs we can share/download/upload also needs to be removed and have talked about this previously as I cannot design anymore because my gallery is full.

Finally we need a decal size limit increase for the next game!

I actually had an idea for stuff like live Nations Cup/GT League AI liveries to be sold as Mileage Exchange items (assuming MiEx returns to GT7).
That's more or less my idea, or they could be sold in GT Auto. Maybe it could even include prototype/test liveries, such as that for the Toyota GR Supra.

Finally we need a decal size limit increase for the next game!
This definitely needs to happen, say from 15kb to 50kb. Can't recall how many times I've tried to upload a decal I worked hard on creating only to find that the size isn't right. So I have two options in this situation, I can either chop up the decal into bits which will annoy me and confuse people, or I can use a loseless compression to the svg which is what I normally do. But sadly the last one tends to only save about 4-5kb and if I have something that's higher than say 20kb I'm out of luck so to say.

This definitely needs to happen, say from 15kb to 50kb. Can't recall how many times I've tried to upload a decal I worked hard on creating only to find that the size isn't right. So I have two options in this situation, I can either chop up the decal into bits which will annoy me and confuse people, or I can use a loseless compression to the svg which is what I normally do. But sadly the last one tends to only save about 4-5kb and if I have something that's higher than say 20kb I'm out of luck so to say.

Yeah, that's always a difficult one and one reason I also stopped my designs because it's so time consuming sometimes trying to layer up multiple pieces of a decal when making a design.

The other thing I should have is there needs to be an option to discuss the censorship of decals in future as has been well discussed.

I once uploaded a very cool design logo for Haruhi Suzumiya and the PD 'no fun please' decided this decal was in violation of the upload terms and it got the ! of death and have yet to reupload it. Hopefully this whole censorship of non censored things will be a priority for community part in the next game.

Back