Comparison Video: GT Sport vs Assetto Corsa vs Forza Motorsport 7

I honestly don't want to talk about Forza. I lost respect for the game when I saw the pit stop. Literally pales in comparison to GT Sport in detail.
Yep, becuase magical teleportation is the high point of realism!

View attachment 697994
What are these lights called on the GT3 Cars? I love that these are eluminated in GT Sport when the car has its lights on. Great attention to detail.
They are position lights. if the car in running outside of the top three in class they are off (IIRC). If its third then three are on, seconds and two are on, first and one is on.

The fact that we are comparing Gran Turismo's sounds to other games without a single mention of vacuum cleaners, is a huge win for the PD team. Forza's interior lacks a lot of that lower frequency sounds you get when you have so much violence inside a cabin with the vibrations, but it's far from terrible. That's a very, very clean sound...as if it's not actually bouncing off of anything, which isn't very true to life.

I really like AC, although the exhaust sounds always sound like they were recorded from a distance. I've had plenty of seat time in 911 RSR's and I gotta say that AC did an amazing job with it.

Yep, becuase magical teleportation is the high point of realism!

They are position lights. if the car in running outside of the top three in class they are off (IIRC). If its third then three are on, seconds and two are on, first and one is on.

Oh wow. I never knew and it makes sense. I always thought they looked cool when they’re on. I learn something new everyday, thanks again for sharing the knowledge.

It's a glitch that came with the last update. Some cars change colour to black too when they go away from the camera. This livery is on the 911 GT3 R too but I don't think it has this glitch and is the correct colour.

Oh ok. I was wondering why the car wasn’t black as well. AC on console has a few things that need to be addressed.

Sorry I just seen that I double posted. So sorry again. ‍♂️

View attachment 697994
What are these lights called on the GT3 Cars? I love that these are eluminated in GT Sport when the car has its lights on. Great attention to detail.

I think Assetto Corsa handles the best and looks great. GT Sport looks great as well. Forza looks good too but is the worst outta all three in terms of handling in my opinion. It’s a bit arcade-like compared to the others. I really wish that this car was in Project Cars 2 though as well. I am happy the car is in al 3 titles too.

AC doesn't really look bad , imo it could be one of the best looking sims out there with a few changes , mainly the lighting and the ps2 trees

AC sounds far more right than the other two. I think you have a case of " hear what I want to hear".

Tran noise in GTS is exactly the same as every other car in GTS, so. Sounds nothing like the real car in cockpit view.

Could have something to do with the fact that I use headphones on my computer and am able to hear the sounds more clearly....

They all look pretty comparable to me. At this point it's just splitting hairs.

-k
I agree, honestly when I'm racing in cockpit view they all look nigh on identical.

Where AC swings if for me is VR, they have full 360 cockpits modelled and you can get out the car and it's still fully modelled in 3D, none of the other VR racers do that and have lower detail and polygon counts.

It's so nice to seen Gran Turismo looking AND sounding better than the competition.

Watching a GT Sport replay is so dialed in right now. They definitely study real world camera position, placement and movement, where so many other games just do some trashy automatic camera setup.

Back