Compass Missing Menu Book 3

• Thread starter Timbo 46
  • 14 comments
Australia
Australia
Hey guys, got the game on Saturday 25-6-22. Advanced through menu book 1 and 2, passed all licenses including s-10 super license 10.

I'm stuck at menu book 3 - when I go to world circuits, the compass I highlighted here is missing from my screen.

I went in and after being beaten, won the Brands Hatch Gr 4 race. I won the Autodrome 3 times now in different cars, no rewards, no advance.

Have I missed something? I can't believe there is no instruction anywhere on what I must do next, so I'm thinking somehow my game has bugged out.

Questions - Is there something I have missed/not understood anyone can think of?

If I have to uninstall/reinstall, will I lose my license progress? I have PS gold membership. Also it is the deluxe edition, I don't want to lose progress/credits.

Any help gratefully received, thanks.
1656466503810.png

Yes, been back there many times since.
I exit the cafe to select world circuits, the compass was there for the compact cars, won them all ok.
Now when I go to world circuits, the compass is not there, so I wondered if there is something else I need to do.
Seems crazy it wouldn't tell me straight up what to do which is why I'm wondering if it just bugged out.
Thanks for your response.👍

Last edited:
Have you gone back to the cafe to finish the menu / collect your prize?

If nothing is showing I'd always go back to cafe just to check if you need to finish something or actually press start on a new menu.

Otherwise can you post a screenshot of your main home screen?

Last edited:
Have you gone back to the cafe to finish the menu / collect your prize?

If nothing is showing I'd always go back to cafe just to check if you need to finish something or actually press start on a new menu.

Otherwise can you post a screenshot of your main home screen?
NOTE - There was a page somewhere that gave a link in case you got stuck at a menu book. Seems to be a known issue.

I went there and let them know, so with any luck it gets reset and I don't ask for my money back and dump the game.

I like the game so far, and have owned nearly all GT games since it started, but I'm not going to stay here with no way to progress. Won all three of these (Bottom screenshot) races now, restarted PS, changed to wreckfest and back... Nothing helped, the compass icon does not work on any of the screens and is missing altogether in the world circuits.

Cafe 1 Acquired Compacts.jpg

Cafe 2 Next Challenge 3.jpg

Menu 1 No Menu Compass.jpg

Menu 2 No Menu Compass.jpg
Menu 3 No Menu Compass.jpg

That picture looks like you need to hit start on the menu. You don’t click where you marked btw, just hit start on the actual menu.

Last edited:
Sorry @huff, there are 5 pictures, not sure which one you mean.
My issue is in the OP you see this picture below of what it should look like, the game tells you this compass shows you what to choose to complete menu book challenges.
My last picture shows that is not there. We'll see if hitting their link helped tonight I hope. 9.22am here right now.
1656552058800.png

Sorry @huff, there are 5 pictures, not sure which one you mean.
My issue is in the OP you see this picture below of what it should look like, the game tells you this compass shows you what to choose to complete menu book challenges.
My last picture shows that is not there. We'll see if hitting their link helped tonight I hope. 9.22am here right now.
View attachment 1167412
In the picture that shows the menu with the shaded cars, there is a black button that says “start”, did you click that?
069EA72F-B1F6-4DE0-8E54-C66CB3633429.jpeg

Last edited:
You know what - I don't know!! My first answer is 'of course'. LoL
Because I clicked every single thing that pointer could point to as I remember it.
But as I age disgracefully, and accepting that I do like a beer when I play, I would not be surprised if that was the only icon I didn't click!
Will let you know.
Geez I hope thats it, thanks @huff 👍

@huff Thank you 🙏
Grumpy old man with no patience I am. Apparently.
I did hit start. I remember ol mate Luca started waffling and I hit circle to back out and get on with it.
I let him have his say til the end just now and sure enough, everything Is now as it should be.

Won the cars, moving on...
As long as you can still learn new things and recognize your mistakes, you're still young enough to play this game... Have fun with it and good luck.!

I just resolved this exact same problem, but I have no clue what changed. I had an identical problem as the OP here, and the only thing I did was delete my local save file and reboot the game. Yesterday, Luca just kept talking and talking without starting Menu Book 3. Today, when I hit start, he did the same talking but the game actually started the mission. I'm very confused, but it's working at least.

How do you delete the local save file and reboot the game ?

Rebooting the game is basically just go to the console homescreen, press start/options, and "close app".

Back