Complete spreadsheet compiling ALL 1,017 Scape locations + other info (WIP - 505 scapes at 16/10/17)

• Thread starter sirjim73
  • 6 comments
England
Reading
cutback73
cutback73
Hello all,

It's been 18 months since my first post on Scapes on the forum (in the spoiler below), however I can now add something new...

So, I am going to attach to this thread the photos I made of the scapes on show during the Community Event in London last week as I hope a few people might like to see these.

There were the scapes displayed during the Friday presentation, of which I have photos of most, recorded off-screen.

Which of the scapes above, or which you have seen elsewhere, is your favourite so far?

Everyone loves a spreadsheet right? :P

Well here's a whopper, in progress currently but when complete it will list ALL of the 1,017 scapes in the opening game (and any additional scapes released at a later date) by location and type, and with any other information we decide to add to the spreadsheet at a later date.

Currently, I have just included location details and added columns for DLC category (YES or NO) and left a blank column for HIGH/LOW resolution on the basis that the post below indicates that there are "Premium" scapes and "Semi Premium" or "Standard" :sly: scapes (to be confirmed when the full game releases).

More information:
  • After checking NeoGAF, it seems Scapes are mixed with low quality and high quality backgrounds. You will see artifacts if you take a High Resolution photo with low quality scape. It is difficult to see the difference and it seems we need a list (if it is really important). The scape used by @Scaff with Audi above are the high quality ones.

The scapes are listed in the order that they were listed in the open beta (from top to bottom, left to right). As I noticed that there are some locations out of the correct order in the list, this means that certain locations will be included in more than one place in the final list (unless they decide to correct the order in the final version of the game :P).

If you have any suggestions for useful further information and columns that can be added to the spreadsheet, please feel free to comment and make suggestions below...

I have made the spreadsheet public for viewing. At the moment, I have left it non-editable by anyone except me, to keep some kind of control, but will change this at a later date so that corrections can be made and can also change this setting if someone fancies completing the rest of the sheet for me :lol:.

If I try to link the spreadsheet to this forum post, it seems to make the spreadsheet editable, even though I have changed the setttings to try to avoid this. So, for now, I have attached the file instead of the link. Does anyone know how to stop this happening?

I saved videos of all the scapes before the open beta closed so that I could complete this in the "downtime" before the game releases next week.

UPDATE - Now containing
ALL the USA scapes,
United Kingdom,
Ireland,
Portugal
Norway
France including Le Mans
and Germany, including the Nurburgring

This now amounts to the first 505 scapes out of 1,017 total (:ouch:).
I must be mad! :crazy:

Attachments

• Gran Turismo SPORT Scapes listing.xlsx
    18.8 KB · Views: 537
Last edited:
Thanks! Can someone post a picture of the thumbnails for those that don't have the game yet?

When the game is out, I plan to do a photo shot of each scape, eventually. But as there are 1,017 of them, don't expect to see them soonTM

Glad I'm not the one doing this. :lol: Good work!

Thanks and LOL...
Have to update this in pieces, otherwise it would drive me mad!

UPDATE

I've continued working on the list of scapes and the attachment now includes the UK, Ireland, Portugal, Spain, Norway, France (including Le Mans) and Germany (including Nurburgring) to the list which brings it up to a total of 505, or just about half way on the total list of 1,017... :boggled:

Do you know if there are scapes of Canada? Especially from the Quebec region.

Sorry, bad news. I've just been through the vids I recorded to see the countries that remain to be added to the list and Canada is not included. In fact, the only country in the Americas that is included is the US. You would think they might have included some pictures from other countries on that continent! They don't have any for Brazil either which would be an obvious country to consider, with the Senna link and Interlagos track included.

The countries remaining to be added to the spreadsheet are:
Switzerland
Liechtenstein!
Italy
Slovenia
Prague (Czech republic)
Budapest (Hungary)
Japan
New Zealand

If these scapes are as popular as I think they will be, I believe it is likely that further countries will be added to the list over the lifetime of the game. Judging by the fact that there are 1,017 already, it would seem that it does not take so long for them to produce these Scapes, now that they have the actual technology sorted.

Back