Completion Bug

  • Thread starter Thread starter FMA
  • 26 comments
  • 1,380 views

FMA

Messages
10
(First of all, this seems something big, so I guessed it would be covered in the FAQs or other previous posts. I did look, and I did'nt find. If I searched incorrectly, my fault, and my apologies.)

After completing all events in GT4, going to every marque for specific events, completing every driving mission, I got 99,6%.

I DID recheck all events, all manufacturer's...but I find no race I have not won.

My question:

1- Is there any known bug related to this (I know there was in previous editions of GT)?
2- May I be missing something apart from the events and driving missions? What would be your guess?

Thanks in advance for your help. Believe me, I HAVE checked every race. I've completed every other edition of GT, and this feels very frustrating...

Regards
Filipe
 
There isn't a completion bug AFAIK. I suspect you haven't completed one of the championships, this is the problem people usually have when they can't enter the GTWC. Look at all of the championships in the Extreme hall and make sure you've got golds for all of the races themselves and also gold for the championship.
 
i heard there was a bug if you didn't do all the missions in order and you would get 99.6-8% And it would be stuck forever
 
Do you have an XPort/Sharkport/MaxDrive? If so, someone could check your gamesave for you, for incomplete events.

Because you have got one - probably two - missing.

And Wallrunner makes a good point but, as far as I'm aware, it applies only to US/NTSC releases.
 
amp88 - seem's worth a look, for argument sake, but I doubt it. I don't do isolated races in a championship, it's a loss of time. But again, I'll check it.

Famine - I don't have an XPort/Sharkport/MaxDrive. Sounds like a good ideia now...

Wallruner51 - I did complete the driving missions in random order. I just hope you're wrong! :) Or at least I hope Famine is right, as I have an european release.

Oh boy...it doesn't look good does it? :nervous:
 
Checked championships; all gold.
Going into desperate mode now.
 
Well there isn't any bug, so you really did miss something. Go back and check through all the championships and manufacturer halls. There's probably two bronzes or somethign that you might've mistook for gold, or something.
 
Do you have to win the family cups in arcade races in order to get 100%??
 
Nope.
 
try checkin all the one make races in each manufacturer.....sounds like yer missing one gold somewhere....
 
Also with every championship, did you actually finish overall first in the full 'championship' (not completing them one by one)💡

Sorry I can't actually explain it properly but this seems to be a MAJOR mishap to some GT4'ers:tup:
 
It will be tedious, but definitley check all manufacturer races.

Also, Bronze can sometimes look alot like gold. Check them all very closely.
 
Just thought I'd let you know ... I have the US/NTSC version and I did the missions randomly and I was still able to get 100%.
 
Check the diary. Tedious, but that's what it's for. You've got a bronze somewhere. They look just like gold on the TV screen. Make sure in the diary you've got a trophy stamp for EVERY EVENT. With 99.6%, you're missing 2 wins.

If you have all the prize cars, then you won a championship with one (or two) of the races in 3rd place. You don't have to rerun the championship, just the two races.
 
Right. As you can imagine, I've checked and rechecked. But I'll stand in front of the bleeding thing with the laptop, and shall create an excel spreadsheet with all races, championships and driving missions.

If I find the missing two races, I'll come back to thank you for helping me look like an idiot. And boast about my accomplishment. :) (Believe me, this is my prefered outcome).

If not, I'll go to the diary and insert in the spreadsheet the exact dates I've accomplished every item. And then...something.
 
FMA
Right. As you can imagine, I've checked and rechecked. But I'll stand in front of the bleeding thing with the laptop, and shall create an excel spreadsheet with all races, championships and driving missions.

If I find the missing two races, I'll come back to thank you for helping me look like an idiot. And boast about my accomplishment. :) (Believe me, this is my prefered outcome).

If not, I'll go to the diary and insert in the spreadsheet the exact dates I've accomplished every item. And then...something.

I've got a pre-formatted Excel sheet with all the races on, if you'd like it.
 
*searches*

A-ha!
 

Attachments

that happened to me!
i started again the whole game :( :(
 
It should work on either version. And I have a Japanese version too - which isn't dissimilar.

There may be minor differences, but I doubt it.
 
I've never had a problem with a completion bug. Well thats on the German Version.

Cheers

T4 GTR
 
As I said,
If I find the missing two races, I'll come back to thank you for helping me look like an idiot.
well I'm an idiot. :dunce: :)

I found the missing two races, and everything was fine.
The "Completion Bug" remains akin to an urban legend :lol:

If you want to know what happened, read on, it was a mix of things everybody warned me about.

I first found a race a haven't done in the Daihatsu hall. I was amazed on how I could've overlooked it, then I remebered that I was doing all japanese manafacturer's in a row, but didn't race that one as the Midget II D-Type was not available in the used car section. And then I forgot about it. duh...

I was really happy when I found that one. It didn't seem fit that the race that was going to get me the 100% mark was with such an unexciting car (?), but I didn't care. I went to the used car section, the Midget was there, tuned it a bit, raced it A-Spec and.......99,8%. :confused:

Anyway, I was sure by now that there was no bug, so I resorted to the excel spreadsheet (thanks again Famine!👍) and the game diary.

That took me a L O O O O O O O O N G time, but eventually I found the culprit: in the British GT Car Cup, I had won the championship, but not the last race (Midfiled B). I had been in the european hall checking for missed races, but as some of you warned me, bronze and gold are very similar on the screen...

And that was it! My "100% race" was run on a souped up Aston Martin DB9. Got the black Formula car, and the game is complete.

My apologies for the waste of time, and thank's for keeping me sane... :)
 
Happy to help.
 
And thanks for coming back and letting us know you got through it. To my recollection, in all the jillions of times this has happened, you're the first one to come back and say you found the missing events and were able to complete them. So congrats, and props for being man enough to post

FMA
well I'm an idiot. :dunce: :)

Now. Do you have all gold licenses???? :)
 
FMA
but as some of you warned me, bronze and gold are very similar on the screen...

Congrats.

This is why we suggest looking through the diary.
It is a lot easier to find the red 1st place and a third place result.
Maybe it can be added to the FAQ....
 
Uncle Harry
Maybe it can be added to the FAQ....

I think it would be an useful addition to the FAQ, specially under the name of "Completion Bug" or something. I went to the FAQ before I posted, and I actually didn't thought of checking the diary, so there you go.

wfooshee
Now. Do you have all gold licenses????

Only in GT1 and 2...for GT4 I still have 4 bronzes, and the rest is mainly silver. Nothing to do with my talent, of course! I put it to the fact that a) things are a bit more difficult now and b) I now work for a living :sly:
 
Back