Comprehensive Money-Earning Guide

• Thread starter OJT6627
  • 22 comments
Germany
Germany
Hello everyone

I constantly see people asking for ways to earn money quickly, but it mostly revolves around BMB grind, which is annoying and gets boring quick. In this thread, I want to list all ways of earning a lot of credits quickly without sticking to one/two events constantly because it just gets boring, so you could switch up races everyday and still earn roughly the same amount of cash per minute spent

Let's kick this off:

Race 1: Premium Sports Lounge - Blue Moon Bay
Difficulty: Easy
Car: N400 and below, preferably as light as possible
Reward: 345k per Clean Race
Time: 10-15 minutes

Says for itself, really. Obviously first choice on the mind is KTM X-Bow for this one, but, in fact, most of the N400 cars can win the event just as easy without suffering too much of the reward penalty. Ferrari F40, Ford GT40, X-Bow, Mazda RX500, Shelby Cobra: basically, anything under 1200 kilos can win the race. Just make sure your lineup has no LaFerrari in it, it will make the race much easier, trust me

Race 2: Japanese GT Championship - Lago Maggiore GP
Car: Gr.2
Reward: 300k per Clean Race
Time: under 18 minutes

You can keep good average speed around GP layout of Lago Maggiore, which makes it a faster track to complete despite being longer than some other options. Opposition is slow, although might get a tad aggressive from time to time, but should be easily manageable. I managed to get under 18 minutes in the worst Gr.2 car that i tried (slightly upgraded Honda NSX), so i think, in a better car, you can even push to 17 minutes. And since it is a one class race, you can get bonkers with upgrades and not worry about Handicap Bonus.

Race 3: Mercedes AMG Grand Prix - Red Bull Ring
Difficulty: Medium
Car: Obvious
Reward: 360k per Clean Race
Time: under 15 minutes

Track is short and fast, the car has tons of downforce and power, so it's easy to keep up high speed through most of the corners. The downside is the track itself: it is relatively narrow for a modern F1 car and overtaking AI racers cleanly might prove more difficult than it seems, but should be manageable after getting used to the flow.

Race 4: Group 1 Cup - Lago Maggiore GP
Car: preferably a hybrid LMP1, but any other Gr.1 should do the job
Reward: 330k per Clean Race
Time: under 15 minutes

Basically the same as Group 2 race, but with faster cars and less laps. Picking a hybrid LMP1 is advisable due to their superior acceleration, but in general any Gr.1 car should be quick enough to win it

Race 5: Group 1 Cup - Monza (Chicaneless)
Car: preferably Group C or Peugeot 908 or SRT Tomahawk Gr.1, but any other Gr.1 should do the job
Time: under 10 minutes

This is one of the quickest races in the game: it is on a chicaneless variation of Monza, so you carry more speed through Curva Grande. You're using Gr.1 cars, so it means high top speeds. And since it is a one class race, you can get bonkers with the upgrades. Install all the possible power upgrades to use the track to the max, reduce the weight, increase downforce and you should be good to go and tear up the opposition. If you're looking for the fastest option, go for the one of the Group C cars or Peugeot 908 or an SRT Tomahawk. These cars are immensely quick and SRT in particular can even get under 9 minutes!

Race 6: X2014 Nations Cup - Circuit de la Sarthe
Difficulty: Hard
Reward: 345k per Clean Race

This race is quick, but it is very hard to win the race and get the Clean bonus at the same time: the track limits are very tight, the AI is more aggressive and competitive than in other events and the car itself proves to be a handful to some people. Still, if you want yourself a challenge...

Race 7: Nostalgic 1979 Series - Monza (Chicaneless)
Car: Ferrari 330 P4, Jaguar XJ13, Ford Mark IV, Shelby Cobra Daytona or Aston Martin DB3S
Reward: 240k per Clean Race
Time: slightly over 8 minutes

If you have enough credits to buy a vintage race car or got very lucky and won one in the Daily Workout/Circuit Experience, you get two more options. This is the option one. This race rewards a bit less money than the others at the first glance, but it takes less time to complete it and wins you roughly same amount of Cr./min. 330 P4, XJ13 and Mark IV can win the race stock, but i'd advise upgrading the car to cut down lap times. Daytona and DB3S require upgrades to stay competitive. I think 250 GTO can win the race with upgrades aswell, but i'm not sure, never owned the car so i can't test it out. Alfa Romeo and Renault Gordini are useless :(

Race 8: Nostalgic 1979 Series - Circuit de la Sarthe (Chicaneless)
Car: Ferrari 330 P4, Jaguar XJ13, Ford Mark IV, Shelby Cobra Daytona or Aston Martin DB3S
Time: under 7-8 minutes

This is the option two. Roughly the same as Monza in terms of strategy: 330/Xj13/Mark 4 can win stock (but should be upgraded to cut down lap times), Daytona and DB3S with upgrades, not sure about 250 GTO, Alfa and Gordini are useless

Race 9: La Festa Cavallino - Willow Springs Circuit (Big Willow)
Difficulty: Easy-Medium
Car: Ferrari Dino at N200
Reward: 342k per Clean Race
Time: under 11 minutes

This race can be won relatively easy with a specifically tuned Ferrari Dino: put the power at N200 max, reduce the weight to minimum, Sports Soft tyres, set up the custom gearbox so the car maxes out at roughly 250 km/h and make the suspension a bit stiffer. You can adjust the differential aswell if you feel like the car is too oversteery for you, but i personally kept the diff stock, the car is manageable enough to be driven comfortably at high speeds.

Race 10: F1500 Championship - Red Bull Ring
Reward: 270k per Clean Race
Time: under 11 minutes

A new addition in the 1.39 update, this race is pretty much the same as with the Mercedes F1 counterpart, except you drive less laps and you are driving the vintage F1500T. The car is smaller and (in my opinion) easier to handle than the Merc, but the car has wider turn radius and the steering itself feels slower. Reduced size also helps with finding gaps for overtaking (which is sometimes a struggle with the Merc).

Race 11: Group 1 Cup - Kyoto Driving Park - Yamagiwa + Miyabi
Difficulty: Easy to Medium
Car: Any tuned Gr.1 should work

A new addition in the 1.40 update. Track might seem long, but don't be fooled by it: the flow is quite subtle (only a few really sharp turns) and a lot of corners can be done on much higher speeds than you might imagine. And the track has enough width to not make overtake a pain in the ***. Grab a Gr.1, tune it up and you should be good to go. Easy money in little time

Race 12: Nostalgic 1979 Series - Goodwood Circuit
Car: Ferrari 330 P4, Jaguar XJ13 or Ford Mark IV
Time: under 9 minutes

New addition in update 1.41. Track is somewhat narrow and the chicane right before the start-finish line is particularly tricky. But the track has a lot of high-speed sections where you can really push it to the metal so most of the overtaking will be done there. Pick up a fast car, tune it up and tear 'em up. I did the race in 330 P4, Mk. IV and XJ13 definitely can win the race too. Didn't try the DB3S yet. Not sure about other cars, if you had a go in them - leave feedback. R8 Gordini is useless

Here we are. 12 races, in 7 of them there's a decent choice of what car can you use. You can switch up the races and/or cars in your schedule and still earn roughly the same amount of Cr. per minute. This way the races are less of a grind and more fun

Honorable Mentions

Race: MR League - Willow Springs Circuit (Big Willow)
Car: tuned light N200: Clio V6, Ferrari Dino etc.
Reward: 228k per Clean Race
Time: under 12 minutes

Decided to try this race out, out of curiosity. I won it in Dino, could certainly win it in Clio (if i wasn't denied the win by two Lamborghinis blocking the bloody raceline), but it was rather due to bad luck than the car not being able to make it 1st across the finish. A light N200 car with right transmission setup and on Sports Soft tyres will be capable of winning the race without much resistance. I personally tried out these two, but you can give it a go in other cars aswell

If you have any more suggestions - feel free to write and i'll add them to the list :gtpflag:

Last edited:
Monza no chicane Gr1 definitely isn’t easy when the AI are a bunch of pompous fools.

I've found it to be the easiest to get the CRB on, personally. There's just no sense in diving in and fighting for the apex when, hanging back, then taking the corner normally will often give you an exit speed advantage allowing you to pass easily on the following straight.

Could you share your setup of the Dino? Also what lap times are you achieving?

I'll check that later. I think I have either Praiano's or MINKIHL's setup but I don't remember the lap times.

Monza no chicane Gr1 definitely isn’t easy when the AI are a bunch of pompous fools.
It's easy provided you don't mind going really slowly for a few laps. If you only overtake the AI on a straight when you can see that you will end up in a nice gap so you don't get sandwiched between them at the next corner, you will get cleanly past them, and even being ultra cautious like that you will still easily pass them all by the end of the race.

This is a great thread.

Just wishing there was even more options.

I am kinda burnt of of GTS, only need the level 50 Trophie then I am 100 %. But I have only level 45 so its still so long way to go. Just so bored with the game atm.

Does anyone have any more sugestions for grinding ?

I dont mind if its not the most effective. Heck I would even be happy with 1/2 of the XP many of the races in this thread gives if only I could enjoy them.

If there was just a combo with Brands Hatch as this is my favorite track.

I have tryed to test some combo's on the Brands Hatch races in career mode, but havent been able to find one that give any meaningfull amount of XP.

So I am kinda holding on with GTS atm hoping that some day they will increase the amount of XP given in the game, or there will be a patch with a great combo of car + Brands Hatch that will give a good amount of XP / Credits :-)

With the exception of Tokyo all the Premium Sports Lounge races can be won with an N200 car. The Mazda RX500 is the best choice but there are plenty of other capable cars. Payout is around 400k with CRB and they take about 15 mins. They are not guaranteed wins, I'd say medium difficulty, but plenty of variety there.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...gon-trail-premium-sports-lounge-video.385590/

Lago Maggiore race is definitely winnable in an N200 car, won it multiple times with a tuned Porsche 356 myself. Altho it definitely took way more than 15 minutes for me last time i raced it

Tokyo is... well, Tokyo. You can somewhat keep up with the pack in the corners and esses, but the long af straight kills all the advantage. The lowest N-class car i could win the race with was a stock N600 McLaren F1 (which is OP by itself). I think a tuned N500 F40/288 GTO might be able win the race aswell, but never tested it. No point going under N500, that's for sure

Dragon Trail is supposedly winnable in N200, but i struggled a lot there with the same 356 i used in Lago. I mostly used the detuned road-sped Gr.B Impreza there for comfortable win. Altho from what i tested, N200 Dino can be a decent competitor in the La Festa Cavallino race on Big Willow. Should try it out on Dragon Trail too

Don't remember what were the other race options, lol

Excellent responses folks, overall!
Im new to GTs on ps4 but I did have the first GT/ps..GT5/ps3 and liked those games alot. I do have a job which allows me to have comfortably paid off my house, my Charger, my Vette, my Ram, my boat, my bike, and my trophy wife and my man cave are fully furnished too. (JK..Lol). I checked out the racing specials yesterday but never really did so thoroughly. Have created a few rooms and met some very decent drivers so far. Great community on here today. Looking forward to seeing some of you out on the track. Thx and God bless!

This is a great thread.

If there was just a combo with Brands Hatch as this is my favorite track.

I have tryed to test some combo's on the Brands Hatch races in career mode, but havent been able to find one that give any meaningfull amount of XP.

So I am kinda holding on with GTS atm hoping that some day they will increase the amount of XP given in the game, or there will be a patch with a great combo of car + Brands Hatch that will give a good amount of XP / Credits :-)

Nostalgic Series - Brands Club Circuit with an N100 Stratos gives 127k in six minutes. Not the biggest payout but it never feels like a chore. Six minutes flies by.

New update brought some new races into GT League. One of these races in particular is worth including in the list

Race: Group 1 Cup - Kyoto Driving Park - Yamagiwa + Miyabi
Difficulty: Easy to Medium
Car: Any tuned Gr.1 should work

A new addition in the 1.40 update. Track might seem long, but don't be fooled by it: the flow is quite subtle (only a few really sharp turns) and a lot of corners can be done on much higher speeds than you might imagine. And the track has enough width to not make overtake a pain in the ***. Grab a Gr.1, tune it up and you should be good to go. Easy money in little time

List updated

This race won't be added to the top list because it earns less money than the others, but i'll still add it to the post separately, as sort of an "honorable mention"

Race: MR League - Willow Springs Circuit (Big Willow)
Car: tuned light N200: Clio V6, Ferrari Dino etc.
Reward: 228k per Clean Race
Time: under 12 minutes

Decided to try this race out, out of curiosity. I won it in Dino, could certainly win it in Clio (if i wasn't denied the win by two Lamborghinis blocking the bloody raceline), but it was rather due to bad luck than the car not being able to make it 1st across the finish. A light N200 car with right transmission setup and on Sports Soft tyres will be capable of winning the race without much resistance. I personally tried out these two, but you can give it a go in other cars aswell

Before I got my first 20 mil car, I used the Premium Sports Lounge race at St Croix with an N400 car to earn credits. Not sure where it ranks in terms of credits/hr. I couldn’t stand doing Blue Moon, and got some fun out of trying different cars on St Croix. The Ferrari 288 GTO was my favourite. The Porsches work really well too.

New update - new race

Race: Nostalgic 1979 Series - Goodwood Circuit
Car: Ferrari 330 P4, Jaguar XJ13 or Ford Mark IV
Time: under 9 minutes

New addition in update 1.41. Track is somewhat narrow and the chicane right before the start-finish line is particularly tricky. But the track has a lot of high-speed sections where you can really push it to the metal so most of the overtaking will be done there. Pick up a fast car, tune it up and tear 'em up. I did the race in 330 P4, Mk. IV and XJ13 definitely can win the race too. Didn't try the DB3S yet. Not sure about other cars, if you had a go in them - leave feedback. R8 Gordini is useless

Added to the list

Back