Computer glasses for sim racing?

• Thread starter Jezza819
  • 0 comments
United States
Alabamistan
This is my setup.

Lately I've been experiencing some eye discomfort when I race. About 3 months ago I got a new QLED tv the same size as in the picture so I don't know if that has anything to do with it or not. I'm 54 years old now which also might have something to do with it as my eyes get weaker with age.

It's become so bad that I've got to try and figure out something to ease the discomfort. I've started using an eye drop for tired eyes before a session for starters. But I've also been wondering if these computer glasses that filter out a lot of blue light from screens would help. I've seen a lot of these drivers doing the iracing and other e-sports racing wearing glasses when I've never seen them wear glasses either in their real race car or at the track.

I have to use reading glasses because I can't see small print. I do have a pair of computer reading glasses that I've tried using the last 2 or 3 days even though they have a little bit of magnification in them. They do seem to help along with trying to remember to intentionally blink as often as I can. I have ordered some computer glasses with no magnification that are standard sized and not smaller like reading glasses are. I'm hoping they will allow me to be able to race comfortably.

Does anyone else use some sort of eye wear when they are racing or gaming in general?

Back