Concept for a campaign event layout, using some American-themed events as example.

• Thread starter MIE1992
  • 0 comments
United States
Connecticut
Ridley-X4
Let's say that in the next title, there would be events themed by nation or nations, like in GT4, as well as the more typical campaign events, and manufacturer-based events from that game. If there's an "American Events" tab returning, here is how I would do it.

Stars & Stripes
Event Layout: Single Race
Car Regulations: American Cars from 2000 or later.
Tire wear: 1x
Fuel depletion: 1x
Maximum Tire: Sports Soft
BoP: Off
Maximum Power: 550hp
Minimum Weight: 1550kg/3417lbs
Tuning: Enabled
Races: (I'm actually not too sure.)

Classic Muscle Car Competition
Event Layout: Single Race
Car Regulations: American Cars from 1980 or earlier.
Maximum Tire: Sports Soft
BoP: Off
Maximum Power: (I'm actually not too sure about if I should eyeball the average like for above, or if it should specifically be the highest stock power figure among the eligible cars.)
Minimum Weight: (see above)
Tuning: Enabled
Races: Streets of Willow, Blue Moon Bay Infield A, Northern Isle, Midfield Raceway, Indianapolis, and Colorado Springs tarmac. (I bet that one is coming at some point.)

All-American Championship
Event Layout: Championship
Car Regulations: American Gr.3 cars
Maximum Tire: Racing Soft
BoP: On, for Gr.3
Maximum Power: N/A
Minimum Weight: N/A
Tuning: Disabled
Races: Daytona Infield, Laguna Seca, Blue Moon Bay Infield B, Big Willow, Apricot Hill, and Indianapolis Infield.

Also, my idea for BoP is that it may be better if it renders the power & weight (or power/weight ratio) as being as uniform as possible for the affected cars, and/or having BoP also affect downforce and final gear ratio. When BoP is enabled and tuning is enabled, all settings can be tuned other than power & weight, so you could still tune downforce and final gear ratio in that situation. And when tuning is disabled, this would also prohibit N-class cars from having their power modified to meet another N-class' window, and then "snap" into it like we see now. Power & weight could be adjustable by pure numbers rather than by percentage, though you'll still be shown in percentage how much a settings changes to meet BoP.

(I am also curious as to why the Aston Martin Vulcan is in the N-Series, but the P1 GTR and Zonda R are not. I bet that if the Vulcan wasn't there at launch, it'd be in Gr.X as well.)

It would be also a great thing if we could have more data tools, more akin to the Pokemon Global Link. For a given event, we could ideally take a look at the top times set at multiple levels (world, region, nation, state, etc.) and where we rank within there, but also the best times set per car. On top of this, we could see how much a time deviates from the top time in the currently-viewed leaderboard, regardless of what parameters we've picked, in both raw numbers and percentage.

Also, I think it'd be neat if the BGM for the campaign menus cycled between the tracks that were used in prior games for those same menus, (and/or prior iterations of Arcade Mode) rather than just Windroad from GT2, like Light Velocity II from GT4. The same could apply to the garage music, too, as well as GT Auto!

Back