Concept for where BoP is applied, and the handling of groups as well as "stock" cars.

• Thread starter MIE1992
  • 1 comments
United States
Connecticut
Ridley-X4
-For road cars that are entirely stock, BoP will not be applied, but instead, they'll typically be part of groups of very similar cars, insofar that they can be raced while stock and with minimal discrepancies in performance. For example, the "gentleman's agreement" JDM cars, or the Lamborghini Miura vs. the Ferrari 365GTB Daytona. Tuning will be permitted if the car permits tuning in the settings it comes with. So in the context of stock-spec cars, a car like a tuner will have more options without the need to buy a part. Many events in the campaign will also prohibit player-modified cars, so this will make you use your driving skills, and/or the setting options a car may come with as-stock.

-The N-Series could stay, but it'd be reserved for player-modified cars. Even buying a single part will put your car in this group. (I think in a way, the N-series in GTS already is sort of like this, since every car can change its power/weight without mileage upgrades, and has the ability to tune their BB/TCS/FM, despite otherwise being ostensibly stock. Not to mention you can install/uninstall full-customize parts, like for the suspension or transmission, at any time...) It would continue to be segmented by power. And I don't think it'd be fair to exclude "inter-class" cars if this was the approach taken - where you could get a much wider variety of upgrades than you can in GTS, like flat floors and rear wings. On top of this, there could be at least one additional N-series class, reserved for the heaviest vehicles, namely player-modified trucks and SUVs. (Alternatively, maybe only most vehicles, and not all, could be player-modified in general, and thus be eligible for the N-series, with trucks/SUVs being in this group. They could still race together as-stock, though.) Generally, BoP would affect the power and weight of each car by first making them as close as they can in actual power and weight. There also could be limits on what models would be eligible - that could be a good way to address the trucks/SUVs issue. So you could have events where you can only use your modified trucks/SUVs, and other events that only permit other player-modified cars within an N-series class, within this hypothetical approach. Perhaps BoP, for this group, could also affect the downforce and final gear ratio, making them relatively uniform per group. Or at least for when BoP is enabled while tuning is disabled.

-The "major" groups would stay, as well, and with BoP being an option, but they also could have groups within the groups that may be enforced. It will be uncommon to see a race that allows every car in a group to be eligible. As an example, Gr.2 could be further divided into sub-groups that each represent the two seasons of Super GT cars currently in that class. That said, there could also be selections of cars that don't fit into the sub-groups, and players in lobbies would have this option, too. For example, if you just wanted to allow VGTs and LMPs in a Gr.1 lobby race, you could have that as an option, by allowing you to pick each car to be eligible/prohibited.

-In general, tuning availability in itself could have multiple options, such as only allowing some settings to be tuned, or having range limits on each parameter. For example, a minimum and/or maximum power, weight, final gear ratio, front & rear downforce, and so on. These limitations, along with other lobby options could be shared, as well as car setups, not unlike a livery or screenshot.

-BoP stats, for all cars that can be affected by it, would be available to be viewed by the player at any time. They could view the changed stats without going to the track, as well as being shown the list of eligible cars' stats after BoP is applied, before entering an event that permits a group and has BoP enabled. It'd be very similar to the "typical opponents" listing seen most recently in GT League.

This is well thought out concept I'm really liking this. I've often too speculated the idea of having the ability to exclude certain cars within a class as you described with the GR.2's and GR1's. Being able to control what cars come into an event. Personally I would'nt want to see two different seasons of GT500 cars mixing together, so I would like an in built parameter to control this. Of course the option to have the two eras of cars race together will still be default.

If we take that a step further and gain the ability to compose a list of cars that are permitted or excluded from a player created lobby or even arcade race; All the while being able to choose from having b.o.p. on or off for all cars in question or in specific categories/classes. I believe this could be the start of balancing multiclass racing.(a feature I really would like to see but as of right now cannot fully work)

In fact I would love to see a premade racing event featuring this concept in future career modes in the GT series. To some effect this has been done but not with clear set restrictions.
B.o.p. at current feels rudimentary, so I do believe further guidelines need to be installed to keep racing fair at all times.

I think this concept allows alot more flexibility and will enable you to have the kind of racing you personally desire. I think it would also work with the idea of multiclass racing.👍

Back