Confusing Update

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jonny_2_Hats
  • 10 comments
  • 1,117 views
Messages
4
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hi All
First weekly race after update. 16 laps around Brands Hatch, DR C. Ran out of fuel after 7 laps so had to re-fuel twice. As I was leaving the pit lane I was rammed and received a 5 second penalty. I was doing reasonably well in 6th but for some reason I was the only person having to re-fuel twice. An explanation would be great, don't mind if it's me being a muppet.
Cheers
 
Hi All
First weekly race after update. 16 laps around Brands Hatch, DR C. Ran out of fuel after 7 laps so had to re-fuel twice. As I was leaving the pit lane I was rammed and received a 5 second penalty. I was doing reasonably well in 6th but for some reason I was the only person having to re-fuel twice. An explanation would be great, don't mind if it's me being a muppet.
Cheers

Do you have a replay?
 
Cars fuel consumption got changed today, if you ended up picking a high fuel consumption car and were revving the balls off it, that'll be why
 
Shortshifting seems to be the magic word. Im still trying to adapt as well, seems unnatural to purposely go slow. But it wins you races not having to stop.
 
Cars fuel consumption got changed today, if you ended up picking a high fuel consumption car and were revving the balls off it, that'll be why
I see. So others driving the same car but only re-fuelling once would have had a more conservative driving style? Nothing to do with qualification?
 
I see. So others driving the same car but only re-fuelling once would have had a more conservative driving style? Nothing to do with qualification?
Correct
 
Thanks guys. New driving style here we come. And the time penalties? I don't suppose that is ever going to be a perfect system.
 
Thanks guys. New driving style here we come. And the time penalties? I don't suppose that is ever going to be a perfect system.

No unless they also get old f1 drivers as stewards. Imagine Nigel Mansell scrutinising your penalties.
 
Tyre management and fuel saving are a must. Watch your tyres in quali on outlaps, too many Muppets thrashing it and bumping and wonder why they can get pole, sorry I digress. Short shift, run lean fuel mode in twisty sections, coast and brake etc for the long races. I finished Monza with not stops a couple of days ago. Last to seventh with a couple of mistakes too.
 
Back